For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1063 results found

1. It isn't possible to add a quantity column to a report, nor is it possible to pull through Qty data entered in Xero or create a cell the Qty can be manually typed into.

You can add a note column but this would be to link to a section of the report pack, not a quantity loaded into Xero or a box we could manually type the quantity into. Further the notes section functionality is unable to be renamed and can only be linked to other reports in the report pack. It does not work to bring through Qty data.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to build a client report that shows the XPM client name but then also shows their Connected Xero organsiation (as this is often different to the XPM name).

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have noticed an error, where, when managed fund distributions are prefilled from the ATO, a zero is put in the Item 24 - Other Income

This causes an error for each managed fund prefill that needs to be manually fixed by going in and deleting that entry in the schedule.

I just recently had a client with 15+ managed fund imports (owned jointly with his wife, so same issue on her side) which meant I had to waste quite a bit of time going into each schedule, only to delete the zero at the bottom.

If you could arrange…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we have the ability to search for a transaction , by amount , payee or description across all bank accounts. Rather than having to go into each bank account and sort dates etc and than search. Having the option to choose all bank accounts, rather than an individual bank account would be awesome.

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, I wanted to share that the recent updates for the Reconcile page have now been released to all users. This includes a search bar at the top of the page and includes filters for date range and amount. This provides the ability to look up criteria of your statement lines and narrow down your search. 

You'll also find you can now view more statement lines per page, with up to 50 at a time - You'll find more on this and other updates shared on our blog. 

We appreciate the ask on this idea is a search across all statement lines, across all bank accounts. I want to confirm this is not something we have plans for developing at this stage, and I'll move this idea back to 'submitted' so we can continue to track and update you if there is any progress of this, here. 

5. Sometimes we enter a receive money as spend money in error. It would be nice if you could "recode" it or toggle it back and forth.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need the ability to copy report layouts from one report type to another. For example I have customised my P&L report by grouping accounts under headings. It would be good to be able to copy the same layout to budgets etc without having to spend time customising the budget report to match.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Practice Admin have the ability to remove themselves if they have been invite into a potential clients org without manage users.

Potential clients that decide to not go ahead with a Practice but done remove the PA from the org, PA should have the ability to remove themselves.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the timesheets window, a button which takes you back to todays timesheet.

I often have to scroll back, and prepare prior period timesheets, and so it would be handy to have a "today" button, which will automatically return you to the current days timesheet - rather than having to scroll forward (similar to handisoft practice manager).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I feel like a dedicated feedback board would be useful. As I don't feel there is currently an appropriate place to give feedback and notify support of things that are not working properly.
    For example, I have the new GST returns to trial and there was an actual feedback box in Xero. Where i gave the feedback that i liked the new features but not the look. Now the feedback box is gone and I have just noticed that it tells you that there are unreconciled lines to code. But, they are for the next GST period. Plus the old…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dylan, appreciate the feedback here. Sometimes when developing a feature in Xero teams will offer a feedback box as you noted. This is usually a temporary channel where the teams can take your feedback to consider directly in time with the work they're doing.

There are other channels like Discussions, raising a case with our Xero Support team or sharing through Product Ideas which are always on feedback channels. While our teams in these spaces will do their best to help provide solutions to your needs, feedback you give is also shared back to the appropriate teams and places in Xero to consider in their development.

From the sounds of your idea here around GST, you'd like the message for unreconciled lines to code to only appear if the lines are dated with in the period of the return? 

10. Merge contacts (not clients) in XPM? I seem to have lots of duplicates but I don't want to just delete the ones with no jobs/invoices attached to them incase they are linked elsewhere. Is there a way to merge them? All the searches I have done only talk abut merging clients.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to bulk update staff access to client tax returns in xero tax. Currently, the only way to change staff access to certain clients in the xero tax feature is to go into each client file and change it individually. A bulk update function would be more efficient and less time consuming.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. have supplier inv reference picked up in hubdoc and posted through to xero so xero can show in supplier reconciliations . so supplier canrecognise our ledger . also avoid hours trying to cross refer supplier invoice reference queries to the associated hubdoc unless obvious by date

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Job Manager - can we please add the option of Group to the filtering/sorting columns to allow us to view jobs/allocations by business/family groups

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where clients are subscribers to their own Xero but add an adviser who is linked to a Xero partner practice, it would be useful if there was an option for them to choose to give the practice as a whole access so that if, eg, their contact leaves, the practice administrator can give access to their new contact as long as they are Partner Staff.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Xero workpaper functionality that can connect to more than one Xero file to reconcile inter-entity loan accounts, or confirm rental income and expenses, or Div 7A interest and expense, etc.

Eg: Debit loan in Company A, Credit loan in Trust B - can link both totals to see at a glance the loans match on both debit and credit sides.
    Entity A pays related-party rent to Entity B - link B's income and A's expenses to see at a glance that the amounts are correct on both sides in both files

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xero apps - In Xero HQ we use to have the apps under the explorer tab, to see the most popular apps and what clients are using them. It was highly useful to advise clients when an app was to cease or we were introducing an alternative to see who was using it.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  8 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be useful if in the Tax Statements reporting data set, we could also see GST statement data (currently only Income Tax and SLS show) so that we can check for unpaid GST balances.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If a client switches to another accountant the transfer of the Xero subscription is straightforward. However the transfer of the HubDoc subscription is inordinately complicated. Can this be integrated so we are given the option to transfer the HubDoc subscription at the same time?

Related to this I have had multiple instances of clients ending up with two HubDoc subscriptions when we create one and they create one. Or a staff member creates one and then no one else in the practice has access. Is it feasible for only the Xero subscriber to be able to create a HubDoc subscription…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the functionality to set a cessation of trade date for a company in liquidation or in the insolvency process to allow for accounts and corporation tax returns to be produced from the last year end to the date of cessation of trade/insolvency.

This will enable Accountants to produce these closing accounts and CT returns from HMRC and so offer a one stop shop and earn more revenue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Home page or landing page -- can you put the "go to xero" button on the left of the client's name? The new page makes it so I have to scroll so far to the right to get to those buttons, that I no longer know which client is on which line of the table. It is harder to log in and go directly to my client's books now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?