Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1389 results found

1. As the Standard user role is required to send a customer receipts for invoice payments or receive money transactions (https://central.xero.com/s/article/Send-a-receipt-to-a-customer), clerical staff assigned this role can view all bank account balances. As most business owners would prefer that bank balances remain confidential, adding the ability to generate customer receipts to the Invoices Only role would alleviate this concern.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to add additional stages for projects and also manual start and end dates that can be used in reports.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In addition to individual accounts, it would be great to select a group total from the Balance Sheet (or P & L) to put in the Account Watchlist, eg if you have a number of loans and you want to see what Total Loans are on the dashboard.

Somewhat related to idea https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/45925384-dashboard-ability-to-group-accounts-in-the-watch

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We use debit cards for our business. This means I see the transaction posted into our bank account before the individual submits their expenses. With a lot of transactions there are expenses missed and it’s painful to match up lots of transactions.
    In the account reconciliation function I would like the ability to have a draft expense created and assigned to an individual for them to complete the expense process, which is then reconciled once approves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Payment Schedule Date - add from other screens

Make it easier to schedule payment dates. I love the ability to schedule payment dates but it is only available from one screen. It would be great to be able to add a schedule payment date from within the purchase. That would mean you could approve and schedule from the one screen.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. From "business" then "bills to pay" or "invoices" and click on "export" from a search result, the payment dates are missing in both the Invoices and Bills export files. Only the invoice dates and due dates are exported. Please add payment dates to the reports. Thanks.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. While importing bills from QB in bulk, it would be a great time-saver if Xero could automatically Approve the bills while being imported. Currently they go to the Draft folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to attach and record sound files/clips/memos to transactions from the xero app (or web) that can be played natively in web browser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Could you please add the option to pay have different payment dates for bills in a batch payment. Perhaps you can select to choose 'one payment date' or the 'planned payment date' when creating the batch. This way we can bundle multiple payments into one batch and don't need to set up multiple batches for multiple payments dates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. atm if a client asks what is included in a figure in the accounts, I can only manually deduce that, or generate a spreadsheet analysing all the Trial Balance into the headings (the tagging screen is quick reference for generating this) but surely it should be possible to run a report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PO to approved quote. My customers want to add their PO number and possibly an attachment upload to an approved quote when they select approve on the link. This should be very simple to fix. Also, then this would give us more capabilities in the approval process by allowing documentation to be added to the quote directly from the customer. This way it will tell me when I invoice them what PO was on the order. Also, they were asking for a place to put notes as well. They have notes on a reject but not approve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have clients with multiple projects and multiple contractors billing for each project. If I want to sort the cost of the contractors by contractor, to evaluate the individual profitability of each person working on the project, then I have to create an estimated expense for each contractor. Easy enough - their contracts have the maximum hours they're expected to be billing my client.

But if I forgot to assign each bill to a tracked expense before I on-bill that expense, then once the hours that the contractor has worked have been on-billed, I can't assign them to a tracked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update inventory when it is posted as an expense to a project as this makes more sense as clients use the project reports to calculate WIP and it is annoying to have to constantly check which inventory figures have been applied and deduct this from the inventory. It also means when projects are billed this actually reduced the stock figure as this only happens when you invoice the project for the tasks and expenses whereas currently invoicing using the project amount does not update the inventory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Our company recently combined all departments onto one Xero account. It would be great to be able to see a 'Department' column on the Business - Quotes / Business - Invoices / Business - Purchase Orders pages so that we can see which departments have raised which quotes etc.

In general, it would be great to be able to customize the overview/summary views to tailor it to which columns are relevant to our business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Janice, appreciate the suggestion in community here. Although each of these areas have a similar page, being open they would each be developed by separate teams and it'd be good to understand the interest in being able to see tracking for each separately to be considered by product. 

I've slightly changed the title of your idea here for Sales invoices. We have one for Bills across here you may like to support, and you're welcome to create others for each area of Xero you'd like to see this in. 

15. Remove option to send remittance advice when posting batch payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a specific reason you'd like to remove this option from your organisation, Ben. For example would this be for certain user roles, or based on your business processes would you want to remove this for everyone? 

16. Ability to create Sales Orders as well as Quotes and Invoices to make it easier to see what is on order but not yet completed and invoiced.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sales Overview screen needs improving to show percentage increase in invoices sent, month on month. Attached is an example to show how it needs to be drastically improved to be like. Companies basically could raise capital off this screen - come on Xero! Please improve the screen to be like this example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We are a multi-currency business. We send out invoices in GBP (base currency), EUR and USD. We have 3 bank accounts (GBP, EUR, USD. I therefore had to create separate invoice templates for each currency, to show the correct bank details. I added the relevant invoice theme when setting up a new contact (customer). This works well when raising an invoice. However when manually sending out a statement it does not take the invoice theme from the one chosen on the invoice (= in our case normally default invoice theme on contact). It takes the ‘default template’ = the first…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many organisations pay staff tax free money when they work away from the office more than 24 hours. Currently there is no expense claim format that allows this type of reimbursement to be entered.

Is it possible to have flexibility to create our own expense templates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be helpful if the quote number was automatically picked up and featured onto the converted invoice.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?