Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1372 results found

1. Here's a copy of my note to Xero Support & their response below:

Hi,
    I prefer to check 'include in emails' for all contacts in an organisation, as the quote & invoice recipient/s often vary & I find it simpler to delete unnecessary recipients from the list on each quote or invoice than to add them. I've only just accidentally realised (after years of use) that invoice reminders go out to every email address in an organisation that is 'included in emails' & not just the email recipient/s of the original invoice - I've been unintentionally sending reminders to multiple…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to enter total amount of Purchase Order and number of units, then the unit price will be automatically calculated. Have quotes given by suppliers that are a fixed amount that cannot be changed, and because of the Unit number the total has to round up, it doesn’t give the same total.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SO annoying that when we want to send an invoice using a different email address we have to always go into "Settings > Email Settings" to change the email address and then go back into it to change back once done. Why cannot we select the "reply to" email address from a drop down just like the "email template"?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The online invoice sent to customer (not the PDF) and invoice in Xero only show the Item description and not the Item name or Code, this is not right as it means if we add personal details to the item on the invoice it isn't possible to tell what the item is without doubling up the Name in the Item description

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is presently a feature that enables copying a bill and transferring its details to a new bill. However, I have observed that this functionality omits the "Permit Number," necessitating manual duplication. It would be advantageous if this copying function could accurately duplicate the specified bill in its entirety, without any omissions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be an option to make the description field for users completing their timesheets mandatory. This would enable Project Managers and Finance Managers to view more detailed information other than the number of hours worked on tasks.

Currently many users do not fill in the description because it is not compulsory, which means that this detail is lost and decisions surrounding resourcing of Projects are not as accurate.

This is critical to businesses where R&D is a large area and therefore efficient Project Management is key. As this may not be critical to all business using the Projects Module,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On the new bills screen you're now unable to open other areas (awaiting payment/draft etc) in a second tab without first opening the purchases overview window in a new tab.

On the old bills screen you could either middle click or ctrl+click the options at the top of the list to do this and it was rather useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am a relatively new user to Xero but have over 35 years MYOB experience as an Accountant. While I enjoy many of the Xero features there is a fundamental one that is missing and frustrates me endlessly. In MYOB under contacts there is a history tab where you can easily see spend history by month for several years for customers and suppliers. This is such a simple but powerful screen that is completely missing in Xero. Running reports is slow and un-necessary.

Have you considered offering this simple enhancement to Xero?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add in the facility to include "description" when using the expenses app.

Its included in all other transactions, but when expenses imported via the app it loses this feature. Wouldn't be difficult to drag this line in surely?
    Purpose - would increase visibility/transparency when reviewing credit cards

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I could do with being able to give the product's and services feature to low level users

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update inventory when it is posted as an expense to a project as this makes more sense as clients use the project reports to calculate WIP and it is annoying to have to constantly check which inventory figures have been applied and deduct this from the inventory. It also means when projects are billed this actually reduced the stock figure as this only happens when you invoice the project for the tasks and expenses whereas currently invoicing using the project amount does not update the inventory.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have multiple people responsible for approving invoices depending on the project's PM - would it be possible to assign specific approvers for each invoice?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Projects, should show full description of Bills & Invoice details, and include partial payments & credits allocated to the Bill or invoices in Projects..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a client opens an invoice or quote Xero shows the IP address of whom ever opened it and the time it was opened. This is especially helpful when multiple people have access to the invoices. It also shows that the client did in fact see the invoice especially when they claim they haven't. Handy tool for chasing payment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in how we can build Xero invoicing for you. Right now we want to be open we don't currently have plans for developing history to include the IP address of the user that views the invoice. We will continue to collect interest and monitor this here.

15. It would be nice to have a business overview dashboard similar to QuickBooks. The existing Xero dashboard is designed for bookkeepers and doesn’t have any valuable insights for business owners. Perhaps it would be better to have two different tabs on the dashboard, one for bookkeepers, and another one for business owners.

P.S.
    Numbers of the screenshot are from a demo account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great that it would be possible to set a default branding theme for a particular currency. This way the payment details added to a theme tailored for a Currency will match the invoice currency without manually having to set the correct theme in the invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. After adding a bill to pay, there is an option to add another bill. I suggest another option, "Add another bill from this vendor". I often process more than one bill from the same company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With PayNow, we want the customer to use our stripe and pay on the quote. The idea behind this is that customer pays and then we send the product and issue the invoice. If we issue the invoice and then customer changes mind and doesn't pay, it will be a problem and we need to delete the invoice. So, adding Pay Now to the quote will solve this problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the current GoCardless for Xero system, there are three options for scheduling payments:

1. You can select an individual invoice and take payment for the full amount in one go.

2. You can select an individual invoice and split the total amount over a number of payments.

3. You can select multiple invoices (for the same customer) and take payment for the full sum amount in one go.

What we need added is a 4th option, where you can select multiple invoices (for the same customer), that the sum total owed and split that total over a number of future payments.

For…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Projects

When invoice is created from Projects ( I have Six Staff) It automatically orders this in name order and has mutiple date entries from the Latest date entered.
    I then have to ferry each date up the page to order these chronologically so i have the earliest date and each staff member for this date (before starting to add matarials etc)
    To make it easier for my clients to read what is entailed for each day.
    We need a button to convert invoice to date order as on big jobs this takes me over half an hour ??

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?