For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1389 results found

1. What happend -
    I imported invoices with an invalid account number. When I went to review the imported invoices in draft, the new invoicing AI technology selected suggested account codes for me, almost to fast for me to notice the account code was blank

Why this is important -
    The "review draft invoices after import" step is critical in getting it right - I should be able to review exactly what I imported to see where the mistakes are. I can see this being an issue with integrations where invoices are imported via the API

What Xero can do - …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Product - Streamline creating new variants of one product. It's common to have one product with lots of variants (size, colour, etc). They have different SKUs and description but the same cost price, sale price, accounting codes, tax treatment, inventory tracking. I should be able to create many products on one screen. I know I can do this by importing an excel file that I've created but should be able to do it within Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Import the sales invoices to Xero with the PDFs being attached to the invoice automatically. I understand we can import sales invoices through CSV files but to provide relative documents to customers, we need to attach pdf manually. Would be great if this could be possible. This action can save time and possible error of attaching a wrong pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the PDF "Drag & Drop" feature back to how it was for the 'New Invoicing' template.

Why would we want to click on the file box and then drag a file from a folder??

It makes no sense!
    Please stop changing things without testing or seeking feedback from people who actually use the program.
    Program designers use the program and features differently from how an accounts person does.
    An accounts person has hundreds of invoices to complete and learns how to efficiently process large batches of invoices.
    Remember, we buy this software to make things easy, not harder.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Xero Me - By adding a reference number field as an optional input you can more easily trace and reference expenses loaded onto the system via the Xero Me app on your phone. At present such a bill has no reference number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF attached to all invoices being sent out from Xero - we utilise Salesforce who triggers the email to send from Xero directly - however there is currently no options for PDF to be attached.
    We have numerous clients refusing to pay because they wont click the link to download an invoice and in the last few weeks the link now takes them to a screen to enter card details not a copy of the invoice causing more clients not willing to click the link (screenshot of new screen attached). Regional Australia business where all of our customers aren't tech…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I use Xero Me to upload expense receipts and assign to a client. I rename the photo of the receipt so that it should be traceable. The expenses are then visible when I create an invoice for that client. All good so far, however, there are two things that could be improved:

1. There is no option to add the receipt file to the invoice when the expenses are added. Very often clients want to see the original invoice when expenses are charged back at cost.

2. The expense files are saved in the fie library, however, the names I have given…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi i can't believe you don't have a POS app tablets for use in cafes and shops. a quick google api for databasing while offline and it would be solid as. you only need to support a handful of thermal printers and cash draws. just look what vend is doing. it would be a huge product if deployed correctly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Douglas, while we don't have a POS app ourselves you'll find Xero integrates with many different POS solutions, including Vend. You can explore the range of these on our App store

We don't have any immediate plans for expanding into this area atm, but we'll keep tracking the interest of this here and share if there's any plans made. Thanks

9. New Invoicing problem - we are copying new invoices from the existing purchase orders and prices on the new invoices are showing as a cost price instead of the sales prices! :(((. A massive issue! Also, the new invoicing look is not user friendly with a lot of space on the screen. We were very happy with the current invoicing when everything was working perfectly, and the new invoicing does not work for us at all. Dear Xero developers, please do not fix what is not broken and leave the current invoicing as it is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Find & Match: Pagination is not working properly when moving to "next" page of bills.

For example, when you scroll to the bottom of "Page 1" and then select "next" or "page 2" for example. The cursor remains at the bottom of the page.
    It should move to the top of the page.

Once you scroll to #50, #51 is the next logical bill to view, however it goes from #50 to #100 in the view, the user needs to scroll to the top of the page to view the next bill in sequence.

A small bug, but very annoying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to add the Sales Overview window to the Dashboard on the Home page? I am interested to monitor all outstanding quotes when logging in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the "New version of Invoicing" disappeared an amazing function - when you open an invoice after it has been approved, it always displays as tax exclusive, even if you entered it as tax inclusive. In the new version if you approved an invoice tax inclusive it ONLY shows it as tax inclusive. Can you please add the feature of seeing both versions of the same invoice.
    And another feature that disappeared in the new version is to see account number, not just the name of the account. Can you add it back too? And move it back to the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would love to be able to create expense report for review that lists all expenses for an employee or selection of employees by DATE of expense to review for overlap. Would also like to be able to search the expenses by the tag that the employee uses? I feel like there is something missing with the expense reporting feature that allows for error, for oversight, and over payment. (Like duplicate submissions, similar submissions, the ability to see how many employees submitted expenses on that given day for check/review for over spending. Bouncing from employee to employee for comparison or review…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Due to the fact that "Updated inventory selling price is reflected when the next repeated invoice is generated." (Please vote for this idea too) has not been implemented. You need to manually go into every repeating invoice and reselect the (same) inventory item for the price to update to the current inventory price. I think it is a bug, but support tell me it is the designed way. The existing QTY gets reset to 1. This is super annoying as you need to remember was the existing QTY was and then update it again and not make mistakes. If you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you update the inventory selling price of an item you expect that this is reflected when a repeated invoice is generated. This is not currently the case. The price is ONLY updated when you edit the repeated invoice. Please have an option box on the repeated invoice that allows inventory price updates on generation. Currently waste hours and hours and make mistakes every time an inventory item changes price. Logged support cases about this for years but trying here now. Huge time saver.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want more decimal places on the Line Amount and Invoice Total to display as follow:
    1.7568 x 25.12 = 44.1309

I can get it to show 44.1300 but I want to set it up to show 44.1309

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to change the branding theme without editing the invoice or unlocking the date

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we have the option to set to default buttons/selections when completing an invoice please?

I do not need to email all of my invoices yet have to click through to select just approve.

This is a small thing in the grand scheme but when processing lots of invoices it is another thing that slows the process down, along with the 'too many clicks/tabs' issue.

Hopefully the new invoicing can be updated so it is a smooth process like the old style for tabbing and clicking through.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Invoicing - I need to print invoices regularly for counter sale customers. Using new invoicing it used to open a new chrome tab when you clicked Print PDF from there you could print or download the invoice easy.

In a recent update (See link https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/47646932-new-invoicing-print-pdf-option) the Print button now only allows you to Download invoices.

Please revert to the old system where printing or downloading took the same number of clicks

or

• Change the current Print PDF button to read "Download PDF"
    • Add a new "Print PDF" Button that actually prints the invoice.
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?