Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1388 results found

1. In Xero Projects --> Time it will show "Deadline 31 May 2024 80 days to go"

Instead could it show "56 days elapsed and 80 days to go", or a percentage of the days elapsed to give it a scale the same way the invoiced and timesheeted hours headings do.

You could treat the first day as the first time entry on the project, so no need to add a field to manually set the project start date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to see Header rows and side columns on all screens when scrolling

As per Microsoft Office where the top and side ribbons remains static.
    e.g. When you're in the Dashboard and scroll down it would be good if the top ribbon is static. It makes it easier to select another item (business; accounting; contact etc) without having to scroll up.

The same with Bill Payments; Invoicing; reports etc where the top ribbon and column headers - see attached - would remain static as you scroll down the list.

The same as when you might have a lot of columns…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. This is basic, if you want people to move to XERO make it easy to import data from existing systems. I have a huge amount of expenses to get into XERO and you can't use Bills because that is limited to 5 Bills per month!

I pay for expenses so if the work around is use Bills import then remove the 5 Bill/m limit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, bills show up in the report "Bills not assigned to Projects" if there is any line on the bill that is not assigned to a Project. This includes data-only text or description lines with neither quantity nor value. The screenshot attached shows the report; the bill with details showing has one of these nil-quantity nil-value lines - all the line items on that bill with either value or quantity have been assigned to the relevant Project.

I have seen elsewhere that lines in invoices can be made 'description' if there's neither quantity nor value; this should carry through to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was able to add columns on a report to show tracked category subtotals alongside category totals, then I used 3 formula columns to show the category totals excluding the tracked category values and then the variance by $ and % excluding the tracked category values.

It would be nice instead to be able to make Variance columns that will refer to other Variance columns and/or Formula columns. This way, I gain the benefit of colour coding and arrows for these formulae, making them more directly comparable and more visually consistent!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The same way a direct debit file is created for Creditors, it would be great if Xero could create a direct credit file for Debtors. We direct credit over 200 debtor accounts weekly. As Xero isnt able, we do it externally and use a bank template. If Xero can creatre a direct debit file, I dont see why it cant create a direct credit file. The only change is the bank ID. Our previous clunky software could do it and banks are able to upload a direct credit file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can we please bring back the 'add last items' for an invoice?
    This saved us A LOT of time on regularly customers.
    Not sure why it was removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on new invoicing here. Good to understand the features our users find most handy. The team are looking at many improvements they can make to continue to enhance this experience for our customers. While we can't commit to development as yet, this is something the team are looking into and we'll keep you updated of any progress of this, here. 

8. Reducing clicks:
    When applying a payment to a bill or an invoice, I usually want to attach a source document (image of check, confirmation of our POS system, etc.). Right now I cannot do it while applying the payment. Right now (in 'old' invoicing/bill) I have to instead apply the payment, find myself in the accounts transaction overview, go back to invoice, click on the payment I just applied and then I have to option of uploading/attaching a document. Very inconvenient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can the main pull down bar (Dashboard, Business, Accounting, Projects, Contacts) be fixed at the top of the page? When viewing a screen that has 100 or more lines, it would be a lot more convenient to have immediate access to this than having to scroll all the way back up.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'd like to suggest/request that when loading a line item on an invoice that is a negative, that the quantity is loaded as a negative and not the value. We have created a Delivery Note template that excludes the values (see attached), as a requirement from customers that do not want this info displayed on the d/notes. Obviously then, any negative quantities do not show as such.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New Invoicing - why is there a long Delay sending email?

Seems with new invoicing it can now take up to 10 minutes for the copy to arrive in my inbox, after selecting "send me a copy".

Some clients demand a copy to be manually emailed to the local admin at the local office, as well as having xero send direct to their accounting package at head office

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There are some new features that I like about the new invoicing, like the ability to immediately a new contact. However this is limited to name and billing address, please add the ability to add email address here too!!!

Other classic features that need to be included so I can use the new invoicing:
    - the ability to delete the Date and Due Date for a draft invoice. I draft invoices for the entire duration of a project once a contract is signed. The dates are not known at this preliminary stage however it is hugely beneficial to have this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and appreciate the detail in what you'd like to see, Cairns. 

To help the team stay across and keep customers updated of change we try to limit  ideas to one per thread. I've updated the title of your idea here to reflect your first idea, and we have ideas that have been created for the second and third points and you can join and stay tuned for any progress on each of these. 

13. When clients are activating new BNZ Direct Bank feeds for new Bank a/cs from Xero, many are getting caught out accidently adding into Xero other BNZ bank a/cs listed on BNZ online because they are not specifying the don't connect option for other bank a/cs that are not related to their business. If they don't select any option for other listed bank a/cs, these Bank a/cs get auto set up with a bank feed in the Xero they are currently logged into.

It's a pain to remove unwanted bank a/cs from Xero especially if they have started importing transactions or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Capture energy usage data such as electricity kwH and gas MJ, or actual CO2 emissions when inputting utility bills. This would be beneficial for SMEs who may need to calculate carbon emissions - increasingly being asked for this by larger clients with net zero targets and/or are calculating their Scope 3 emissions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When posting a payment for an invoice in USD $ (standard UK currency GBP) the payment asks for a FX Rate on the old invoicing you could see the FX rate - but on the new invoicing you cannot. It would be good to see the FX rate rather than having to add another step and go to xe.com to get a rate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When editing an item and after filling the cost price if TAB is pressed the highlighted field is the "Purchase account" but it's "closed".

To input any character the space bar needs to be pressed and then search is available.

I suggest that the search should be immediately available as it will not cause any issue if we want to leave it as is and continue to the next field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On Business->Products and Services, when searching for a product code, if there's a space before or after it does not find the product.

This is quite annoying when copy pasting from other files that sometimes bring a white space.

It's an easy fix that will help a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've noticed in the new invoicing that the account column disappears when it is saved. While I don't want the account column shown on the actual invoice, I use this saved version in Xero to check that the correct account has been selected. I will not switch to new invoicing until this option is available as it would be extra time to edit the invoice to see which account was selected. Classic invoicing is a much better experience in my opinion.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a filter to Purchase Overview, Bills, to filter out Archived Supplier / Contacts.
    Generally not necessary to keep seeing bills for old achived suppliers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For a food wholesaler, product prices can change weekly. Select each draft invoice & bulk change product prices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?