Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1391 results found

1. Allocate purchase orders to CIS labour & CIS material account codes. Obviously these shouldn't be included in the CIS report until the purchase order is changed into a bill.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When creating an invoice for a customer and applying the “items” that were assigned to the customer it would be very helpful for Xero to apply all of the relevant information that was entered for the item to the invoice. Such as sales price, revenue account etc. Currently the billable expense information that is applied is the “cost price” only, which is not relevant on a customer invoice, and you must set the revenue account for each line item. All of the information is already entered in the inventory for the item.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. i recently got a new phone and all its photos are saved as HEIC format however everytime i forward this type of image to xero for bill forwarding it fails as xero doesn't recognise the format.

can you please update file formats asap as all newer mobile devices are moving to HEIC as it is a higher quality file and a smaller size overall, and samsung i found out do not offer an auto change of file before forwarding so it will not be easy to convert back to a jpg or png etc. before sending receipts to Xero

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To include invoice link in column fields when exporting invoice details.

Reason: During times of audit, we will need to extract the invoices and it has to be done 1 by 1.
    With this function made available, we are able to provide the links to the auditors in 1 click of a button.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you enter an invoice it flags up to say that it has already been entered, with a credit note this function is not available, could this be added?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A number of bills are received via supplier portals rather than by email. The simplest entry point into Xero is therefore to drag and drop the pdf into the "Files" area of Xero and then create the bill. However using this method doesn't auto-populate any of the information for the draft bill like when using the email to Xero method.

I'm sure all the functionality is there for this suggestion : It would be great if files could be dropped into a specific "Bills" folder from which then Xero a) automatically created draft bills and b) auto-populated fields on these…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I can create a Purchase Order, and from that I can mark it as billed and it creates a bill record for this purchase, putting the PO number into the Reference field of the Bill. The Bill also has a hyperlink to jump to the Purchase Order.
    Within the Bill, I can assign the expense to a customer, which is fine.
    When I create the customer Invoice, I have the option to add billable expenses, which is fine, and it marks the line as a billable expense, but there is no hyperlink to jump from the Invoice to the Bill.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using the search fund for INVOICES current options are: Enter Number, Reference, Contact or Amount. It would be nice to also be able to search by the account number issued to your clients.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On an invoice search from 'All' or 'Paid' Invoices - it would be useful to able to select any or all invoices, and see the £ total of the items selected. This function exists in the Invoices 'Awaiting Payments', and 'Drafts'. On the 'Paid' invoice section, you can select the invoices but it does not show you the total £, only number of items selected. From the 'All' section there is no ability to select any invoices. It would be great if in all sections where you wanted to you can select any / all invoices and it calculates the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For invoices/receipts that are created by a custom branding theme, change the 'issue date' to 'invoice issue date', and create a separate field for 'payment date'.

This is so that when an invoice is sent in 2021, and payment is made in 2022, the receipt that is automatically generated will clearly show both dates, instead of just the issue date which implies that the receipt was issued in year 2021 when it was actually issued in year 2022.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to copy bills into a new draft bill

Purpose: This would save time having to re-create purchases from scratch

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have the option to set to default buttons/selections when completing an invoice please?

I do not need to email all of my invoices yet have to click through to select just approve.

This is a small thing in the grand scheme but when processing lots of invoices it is another thing that slows the process down, along with the 'too many clicks/tabs' issue.

Hopefully the new invoicing can be updated so it is a smooth process like the old style for tabbing and clicking through.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove or option to not display Legal Name on invoice emails. We trade as a Pty Ltd. Our legal name is a family trust - a change has been made recently whereby this is now being displayed on the invoice emails. Please give us the option to revert to how the email previously displayed.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Description:
    I would like to suggest the incorporation of a new functionality in Xero that allows users to save supplier statements within the system. This feature should not post any transactions to the chart of accounts but instead, save the supplier's name, balance, and date as a memo associated with the statement. This information should be viewable within the supplier's profile.

Implementation:
    The saved statement details should be accessible in a dedicated section of the supplier's profile, providing a historical record of statement balances on specific dates. Furthermore, these statement details could be utilized in the Aged Payables report, either…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the New Invoicing Template you have to enter a Qty for every line as the default Qty is "0"... In the classic version and what we are all used to it's "1".. As a ball park guess I'd say the use of Zero qty on a line is a lot less common than any other number from 0-9 and I'd guess most lines are a qty of x1.. If I wanted to default my qty's to Zero, I can not see the point in making invoices :)))) Come on who made Zero a default qty for invoicing??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can the New Invoicing Template have a the original way to change the date instead of opening the date dropdown to then have to open the "Pick another Date" option if it's not today or yesterday.. If it was today it would already have that day selected, so why is it an option? just added extra steps to select the correct date..

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we please have the ability to see if a note has been added to a document when you are in the Hubdoc APP without having to go into a document.

The ability to see this is available in the Web version, would be great to see it in the APP as well.

Thanks

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Could you please add a feature to fill a tracking category for every line in a bill or invoice?
    I am dealing with multiple pages of line items on a bill and each bill belongs to different locations (tracking categories). Note that allocating the tracking category to the supplier account, won't work, because they deal with all our tracking locations. If we can add the tracking option once with an option to fill all the remaining lines, it will save us a lot of silly repetitive work. Currently, we have to type, select, tab, tab, tab, tab, and then repeat…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability for Xero to treat an overpayment with VAT on - I don't want to use a secondary debtors control account.

We have a client on the VAT cash accounting scheme and we have a number of overpayments which need to hit the debtors control account. When I run the VAT return, these amounts are not being captured for VAT purposes since there is no option to select a tax rate when using the overpayments option.

Should I treat these as prepayments, Xero will allow me to code these to a nominal account with VAT. However, the nominal code I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When creating an Invoice from a quote within Projects, the newly created invoice does not retain any connection to the Project that the quote is linked to. This is very annoying and time-consuming - as the only way to then link the Invoice to the Project is to manually select and assign every individual line item, one by one and map them against the project. Surely this is an easy fix to keep an Invoice linked to a project as the quote was? Why would you disassociate an invoice from a project that it directly relates to??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?