Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1372 results found

1. To have the supplier entered on the product so that reports can be sorted by supplier

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to export bills with one line per bill showing the Invoice Total rather than showing each line entered for each bill.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow a bank file that is supported by Coutts to allow batch payments to be made.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Current financial year by month – actual and budget
    Use this report but able to select which period the actuals stop and the budget starts, so you can run the report on a back dated range, or before the latest period was completed.

I.e. Financial year is Jan-Dec. If I run the report in April, it shows Jan-March actuals and April-Dec budget. It would be good to be able to select the date where the actuals stop and budget starts, so you can run a report in April (for example) and select Jan and Feb actuals, and March-Dec Budget.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Requested that Xero pull the project names to put on invoices. The information is already entered, would be a big time saver to auto-populated to project name on an invoice rather than manually typing it in

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. REMEMBER PRODUCT PRICE CHANGES

Let's say you have a product you sell, and when last purchased, its cost was $5.00. Now you have purchased it 2 months later and it's cost is now $10.00, when you enter that bill, Xero should recognise that product is now costing $10.00 and change it in your inventory so it remembers it next time you enter that same part number... Instead of having to edit the price every time you enter an invoice with that same product - even just a pop up box when you close the invoice that says something along the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great if you could automatically allocate prepayments to an invoice once the invoice has been created. Or at least receive notification that a prepayment exists so you can manually receipt it.

We are experiencing that clients have made extra repayments (prepayments) but when the invoice is created and sent to the client they pay the amount on the invoice and the prepayments are still sitting in the system, meaning we then have to issue a refund.

It would be helpful if the negative balance of the prepayment would sit under the clients name so when you are…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability for Xero to automatically update pricing or changes that were made to items in products and services, when a quote is converted to an invoice.

Or to at least get a notification that changes were made to the items in the quote when it is converted to an invoice.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if there was a feature to display conversion details for invoices that are entered in the base currency. ie - your base currency is GDP and it shows the conversion rate in EUR

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We like the discount column on Customer Invoices.
    We love being able to copy Customer Invoices to Bills.

But what happens to the discount when we copy a customer invoice to a supplier bill? It appears in the total but it doesn't appear anywhere on the bill and it's impossible to edit or remove unless the entire discounted item is removed and added.

I've spent many confused hours wondering why the bill doesn't add up.

Even a flag to state that there is a hidden discount would be an improvement.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the detail and how this impacts your flow, Robert. 

It'd be good to get some more understanding of the scenarios in which you're finding you often need to copy an invoice to a bill - Welcome any feedback on this to share back with the team too. 

11. We have had one of our Clients' Bills to Pay updated to the new Layout, which is very difficult to navigate compared to the previous Layout.
    Can Xero please make it possible for Users to rearrange the Layout by moving the various columns to new positions ie Reference, Status, Date etc.
    The previous Layout where the From column was highlighted in a different text colour also made it much more user friendly when opening Bills in a new tab.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. See Inventory Item Cost when doing a Quote. I would find it helpful, when doing a quote to a customer, to see the cost of the inventory item I am quoting on. Of course, it should not appear in the final quote going to the client, but seeing it, would give me more confidence in doing my quote and make it a lot quicker. Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When uploading a 20% vat rate expense via the Xero Expense App please allow for the VAT box to be overwritten if required. This is an issue when the Xero rounding is different to that on the receipt, usually by 1p.
    Thanks
    Andrew

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi
    Would love to see the autosave available for Quotes. Often my clients are distracted whilst creating Quotes and when they've navigated to another section (rather than opening a new Xero tab), the Quote disappears!
    For one of my clients, his quoting is very detailed and this process takes valuable time which he'd rather not have to repeat if the Quote is no longer there.
    Invoices are autosaved of course, once a Contact is entered, so I would assume that the same principle could easily be applied to Quotes....
    Thanks!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to forward receipts I have received via email which are NOT attachments, but are inline / html receipts, and have Xero read them, like Expensify can.

I waste so much time receiving emailed receipts (BPME for example) which I then have to save as a PDF and forward / upload.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be the option to overwrite or set 'default' descriptions when using the Xero app to upload receipts. When it says 'What was it for', a list of suggestions appears. At present it only shows the following options, none of which are applicable for a lot of businesses. Even a small adjustment to show 'Purchases' or 'Materials' would be useful

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Under the Contact, where Xero shows the current account balance and further down the screen we can see all invoices etc for that contact. When I scroll down the list of invoices I'd love to be able to see a little icon that tells me how many files I have uploaded to each invoice. The only way to tell currently is if I click into each invoice and then I can see the number of files attached per the little file icon at the top.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Require functionality that allows quotes to be sent to management for approval before they can be sent out to customers.
    Purpose: to reduce business risk and ensure prices / vendor terms are agreed and approved.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Invoices - Edit font, bold or underline, with a pop out feature

Be nice to be able to do light text edit in the invoices sent to customers as entering the invoice.

Eg. I invoice multiple facets of a job and underlining or bold each section 'heading' would be useful.

A pop out similar to how it is now handled with online emails with a pop out would be very helpful.

I understand that you can use seperate lines but nothing that stands out to the eye when you are skimming a multipage document.

thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the thought in your idea here, Tracey. Being open this would be quite a drastic change from the way in which branding works wirth invoicing today and I want to be open that we don't have direct plans for this right now.

Good to get a sense of interest in this through the idea here.  

20. SO annoying that when we want to send an invoice using a different email address we have to always go into "Settings > Email Settings" to change the email address and then go back into it to change back once done. Why cannot we select the "reply to" email address from a drop down just like the "email template"?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?