Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1395 results found

1. Would be extremely helpful to be able to include the Suppliers Payment Terms as an addtional field on the Purchase Order Template.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When you create repeat invoices it only allows discount in % but when you create a manual invoice you can have discount in % or £. This should allow both for repeat invoices as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love for the Watched Accounts box from the website dashboard to show up on my phone app dashboard. Sometimes I just need to see a bank balance or expense balance while traveling. Currently have to go to online website to see those watched accounts on my dashboard. Would be super cool to have them on phone app dashboard as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really helpful if I could see the dollar amount of bills paid in a date range / selection.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We generally forward incoming bills for payment to Xero by emailing the bill to bills.b3xxxxxxxxxxxx@xerofiles.com) resulting in them getting queued in 'Draft' - which of course is a beautiful feature. At that point our finance manager will go through and process them to the point of Awaiting Payment (i.e. check them, allocate as appropriate, etc.).

On occasion there is additional information people in the business may wish to communicate to the finance manager about this (e.g. where it should be allocated to, or other descriptive information/special instructions).
    Presently this requires a separate email to be sent to the finance…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be helpful to be able to track who accepted a quote in the history and notes. The customer could have emailed the quote to another party within their organization who accepted the quote on their behalf and we have no way of showing accountability for this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In project records the ability to select multiple or all expenses entries (by using the existing select tick box) and bulk update 'mark as invoiced' status.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Would really appreciate the ability to export expense claims for an individual employee for a defined period which shows which are billable to a client and those that are not.

Currently the Expense Claim Detail report only shows aged (unpaid) expenses and the Account Transactions Report shows all expenses whether paid, unpaid or submitted, but doesn't differentiate those that are general expenses from those that can be billed to Clients (Customers).

Hard to believe we are the first small business to request this functionality.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be very useful if the cashflow report could intelligently add VAT payments to Cashflow automatically.

For example when a VAT return if filed, automatically add the payment amount and date to the report, learning as it does with repeating outgoings what the date might be - if you're paying by DD this is pretty predictable.

As invoices are generated (payable and receivable) the report already picks up the amount of VAT payable to HMRC and it would not be a stretch to calculate what is due back on purchases, or to use the known VAT reporting date to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Xero a receivable invoice status is shown as paid whether it is actually paid or whether a credit note is applied to the invoice.
    Can a new status be added to show when an invoice a credit note is applied, for example "Credited".
    This will help identify actual payments received vs credit notes issued

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like the facility to pay a supplier from within the supplier page. You can see all the invoices that are due for payment while on the supplier page, but then have to leave that screen, go to bills to pay > awaiting payment > search supplier.
    The process could be much simpler.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate feedback on my recent update - If you're looking to pay one bill you can easily open the transaction from the Contacts page, however it's not possible to create a batch payment or pay multiple bills from this screen atm. 

This isn't something we have plans for right now, but we'll re-open this idea to continue to track the interest. I'll share if there's any change or updates here. 

12. We have received several requests from Clients that their business registration number need to appear on their Invoices.
    I presume this is a new legal requirement
    Could this be added to be visible on Invoices

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Belinda, when you say from your clients would it be clients orgs that you're helping manage or customers that you regularly trade and are sending invoices too from Xero? 

If the first - It is possible to include the Registration number on your invoices using an advanced template - see more on this here

13. When we create a bilk of invoices we are stuck with Xero trying each time to allocate an existing Credit Note that will possibly never be allocated. How do we disable this annoying function?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Our new system separately invoices every job we complete. This gets loaded into xero invoices, ATM you can copy these individual jobs and they can be put on to one invoice, great.

However Xero wont let you add more jobs to this invoice by the same copy facility.
    It only gives you the option of a customer name not an invoice number.
    I would like to be able to add jobs daily to this invoice and send my customer one invoice at the end of the week/month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding staff working on a project without giving them access to Xero.

There is absolutely not need for staff to have access to Xero for me to log that they have worked on a project for 8 hours at £xx rate per hour.

I don't want to add this information to the ledger as the staff are payrolled so I cannot enter this as an expense but I would like to diarise time against the project so profitability can be calculated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sometimes I want to add more than one invoice at the same time, and so I choose the "Approve + Add Another" option in the button dropdown. That's helpful, since it's fewer clicks and fewer page loads. But for the second invoice form, the button stays with "Approve" and I need to click the small dropdown arrow and go into the button menu again and select "Approve + Add Another", and repeat this for every invoice that I add.

I think if someone selects "Approve + Add Another", then the second invoice form should have "Approve + Add Another" as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Yes that's right. Let's say you pay a subby £150 in advance and allocate that as an overpayment on their account from the bank feed. You then get an invoice from them a couple of weeks later for £500 and deduct CIS of £100 leaving £400 outstanding. You allocate the overpayment from the account of £150 and pay your subby the balance of £250. The system will only declare CIS on the £250 element of what you have paid. You have to know an overpayment has been allocated, reverse it and allocate the payment directly to the invoice for it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I refer to the Customer/Supplier Bill Activity reports which shows transactions as positive and negative figures. Could you *** create a report to show bill activity in Debit & Credit separate columns format instead of positive and negative figures in 1 column? Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Statements to highlight overdue invoices. When running a statement there may be multiple invoices listed, it would be handy if the ones that were overdue could highlighted as such. currently we are editing every pdf to let customers know which invoices are overdue and this would be a huge time saver.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Want to create a AFI file in Xero to collect payments directly from my client's via direct debit.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?