Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1396 results found

1. In the Xero App, you have to select a tax rate. It doesn't auto fill like it does on the desktop version

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love to group select untracked expenses in Projects then drag and drop them into their expense category

If the untracked expense could sit in one column and the expense category in another that would be amazing so you can easily reference the category then drop accross from column to column

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. in Projects, you only have 3 options as tabs, Draft, in progress or closed, it would be great if i could create more tabs. (on proof to customer, waiting on customer artwork, etc)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you enter a bill and save it as a draft or approve a bill up the top it gives you the option to enter a new bill but it doesn't give you the option to enter a credit note. Because I can click add a new bill I enter all my invoices first but if Xero gave me the option to enter a credit note I would use this very much. Right now I have 14 supplier credit notes to enter and that is not unusual and it is very time consuming having to go back to the bill…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you import a tax invoice file you get to select when the invoice amount are either Tax Exclusive or Tax Inclusive.
    The default radio button option is always set as Tax Exclusive.

It would be nice to be able to change this default setting so that the default option can be set to tax inclusive. I know it's a minor thing and while it might not save a lot of time, if all of your tax imports are GST inclusive, having the option to have this set as default so you don't have to remember to change it would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add column in invoice overview. Hi, I was wondering if I can add a column in the program in invoices overview. When I used sage 50 account before, I could see a list of invoices and first few lines of what the include. Now when I go to a customer and would like to check how much I charged for particular job and I don't know when it was done, I need to open each individual invoice to see description. My invoices usually include one to three lines and would be very helpful to see in one of the column…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We would like the ability to prepare budgets based on quarterly reporting, but enable a comparison of the quarter to date actuals to the quarterly budget

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to track labour costs in project without invoicing them. The invoicing is done differently. It goes per bag packed, but I would like to know how much on labour it costs to pack the bags. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bills summary screen - Add Total Bill Amount and Total GST to the Column Chooser and make the settings persist accross all Bills Tabs for the speciofied User and Organisation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove the 'Skip' or 'Allocate Credit' pop up box when entering invoices.
    When entering a number of invoices, if the customer who you are entering an invoice for has a credit on their account, a box appears asking to 'allocate the credit' or 'skip.' By clicking either it takes you back to the enter invoice screen without the option of adding another invoice. This makes it quite time consuming when entering a number of invoices.

Is there a way from stopping the 'allocate credit' or 'skip' boxes appearing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to add a Project (Revenue) Variation would be a huge help.
    If one can add a project (cost) variation using a Task, adding a Revenue variation should be achievable in Xero

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Products and materials
    Other packages provide a means to set a default value to mark up items from their cost value then automatically set the sales value accordingly.
    The user would then preset a markup value to be applied across the whole list of items in Products and Services.
    Also, a universal feature to adjust for price increases from a pulldown list of the inventory.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The sales tax lookup tool is really nice to have on invoices. That function should be added to quotes. When I'm trying to quote a customer, that isn't an option (sales tax lookup). I have to select a pre-saved tax rate. Seems like it would be easy to add that.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to know which Direct debit mandate is the latest one among the many duplicate ones (for eg. have a time stamp or date or any indicator). If a customer's existing DD fails and they try to submit a new mandate but end up submitting it more than once, there should be a way in Xero for us to know which mandate was recently submitted so we can match the form accordingly, therefore avoiding errors with other duplicate submissions.

You'd also like to suggest the ability to delete direct debit forms that are incorrect/no longer required. When the customers…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Current invoice template (as of 26 July 2023) does not allow to automatically populate the customer's VAT number nor make reference to reverse charge, as is required by Council Directive 2006/112/EC of 28 November 2006 on the common system of value added tax, Section 4 "Content of invoices", Article 226, paragraphs (4) and (11).

Current template means we need to remember to fit in those details in the services description since there is no way to add a note on the invoice itself.

Please,
    (1) when a tax rate EU/0% is selected, add the customer's EU VAT number automatically or trigger…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When creating/editing an invoice with the new style, you can select fields to show/hide. We would like to be able to change these and set the changes as default - at the moment you have to go in and select the ones you would like to see every time you are editing an invoice. The main one for us is the discount column - we would like to see this on every invoice. Having this functionality to show/hide is good, but just don't want to change this every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please provide bills allocation to purchase order option. converting purchase order to bills is not that useful as we received multiple invoice from different suppliers. sometime some supplier send us wrong invoice and without P.O allocations to bills we were unable to catch that kind of mistakes. which result in wrong payment.

benefits of that option:

it will be easy to see if trade/supplier invoiced more than our purchase order (agreed price). as right now there is no way we can see that information in xero.

implementations way could be:

Purchase order should be zero after allocating bill to it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When creating a bill from a purchase order, it does not bring over the purchase order date. The date automatically changes to the date you are processing.
    Is there anyway you could keep the date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dear Sir/Madam,

When I download custom xero template it has «PaymentImage» code.
    I would like to upload my own image different from Payment Service image to the bottom of the standard invoice same as logo, then I will not need to use a custom PDF template.

Could you add this option?

PDF invoices are not convenient as it requires invoice to have Sent status to print PDF. And no quick preview availiable, so no option to preview custom invoice prior sending it.
    I don't need saving every preview PDF invoice perhaps it can just open in a new tab without…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please enable ordering of Outstanding bills by due date, not alphabetically.

Currently, if one wants to see bills ordered by due date one has to access the "Purchases" tab at the bottom of the screen, then hit "Bills" at the top of the screen. The "Outstanding bills" screen — accessed from the (default) Dashboard screen — displays bills ordered alphabetically and it should order them by due date, or at least make it user-selectable

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?