We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a report filter is selected, the filter should be displayed on the report that is displayed/printed. Eg if you use employee groups and you filter a payroll report by said group, the printed report should display the filter chosen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we please have a Parent and Child relationship on the accounts to ease cash allocations. At the moment we are getting 1 payment that covers multiple accounts.

We work with Schools and get payments from Councils and Academy's. These payments go across multiple schools and payments are currently allocated 1 invoice at a time.

It would be helpful to have a Parent account / Hierarchy account or to put the Council/Academy name within the individual school account on Xero and put the Parent/Hierarcy name within the "Find & select matching transactions" - "Search by name or reference"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add Recap Transaction found in MYOB.
    The feature allows you to see which accounts will be affected (debited or credited) by a transaction you're about to enter. Seeing what effect a particular transaction will have on the accounts allows one to know the outcome of transactions with accuracy. This is a powerful feature that can prevent incorrect entry of all kinds of transactions. See attached screenshot from MYOB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate not the exact feature you're looking for here and will be good to get a sense of the interest of this here. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure you can find this information once reconciled. Those with the Standard or Adviser roles can run the Journal report to view recent impacts to accounts and the user that made each change. 

5. Account Transactions Report

It doesn't make sense that you can separately select the 'Contact' column and the 'Description' column, but that the 'Contact' details show in the 'Description' column.

It feels like the 'Description' column in the Account Transactions report is wrongly pointing to the 'Contact' data!

If the 'Description' detail is not available in the Account Transactions report, this column should be withdrawn from the options available for selection.

It would be great to get this issue fixed.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think the time has come to invest in AI, as a accounting software leader (Xero). Many people invest their money in AI software, like accountants, to do better / more accurate and faster budgets, forecasting (cash/accrual) mixed with different scenario's, transaction reconciliations and presentations of data/information and graphs. This usually in excel; outside the accounting software, where mistakes are likely to happen. I am not in IT, or software development/integrations, so I do not have an idea what this type of investment would cost, but my gut feeling is it would be worth it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to visualise how draft bills and invoices affect my cashflow, something which I know is not possible at the moment. This would allow me to predict how multiple open quotes & projects could affect my financing requirements. Could this be added in future?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please have a few new GL Account categories so that the P&L can be printed in the standard format to show EBITDA, EBIT, Profit before Tax and Profit after Tax.
    Should be a fairly simple addition to the available categories, to add Interest, Depreciation and Tax as categories would enable this.
    This could also help with the enhancement of the Cashflow Reports.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Invoices - Prefix in Date Format

It would be great we could choose an invoice prefix in a date format that automatically updates each day. For example 20231123-01, 20231124-01 02 03 etc.

I track my invoices by the date in which I send them so this feature would save me alot of time instead of having to manually update the date in the invoice prefix each day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reinstate the bank activity graph for contacts (clients) which used to enable us to see all bank activity for all bank accounts on the client contact page. Give us back our credit control eyes!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When resizing my browser window, many of the Xero screens (including Bills, Timesheets, Invoices) do not resize. Instead they chop off on the right hand side. There is not even the option of a slider to get over to the right.

I have tested this across two browsers IE and Chrome. Frequently I am working on a laptop with a small screen and this is really annoying. I would rather they scale up or down when I make my browser larger or smaller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have an option that allows you to drag and upload receipts from desktop

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to transfer any one year budget or overall budget to another year
    This will facilitate annual budgeting as you don't need to start from scratch

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would it be possible to add Project Codes as a selectable column in the Account Transactions report? We would find this most useful as it would save time.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send a single Receipt for multiple invoices which will help the customers who are expecting an annual Tax receipt for the payments made for the reporting financial year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As default, can you please turn off the check box "Show journal on cash basis reports"
    For users that rely on the 'Cash Summary' report, non-cash journals create significant difficulty getting a true read on the cash position of the business, a key requirement for this report. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need option to display supplier bank details when running the supplier payments bank report. Key for bank approvers to easily verify bank details for supplier payments.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See where you're coming from and thanks for the confirmation, Malcolm (I've just slightly adjusted the title here 🙂)

This isn't something we have planned at present but will get a sense of the appetite here and let you know if there's any change. 

18. 50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Cash Summary report vs Old: In the new report when you customise the new report to adopt the "Working Capital with other cash movements" format & report Gross, i.e. with VAT figures, the "Other Cash Movements" in the new version are STILL reported Ex VAT. IN the equivalent Old version, they were termed as "Non operating Movements" and would correctly apper as Gross, i.e. VAT included figures. In the new report instead, VAT on these items is reported as a consolidated item seperately below as "VAT movements". There needs to be a feature to report the above as Gross…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why do we have to switch back to classic to apply and over payment - This feature needs to be in the New Invoicing System. It creates a massive amount of clicking to get all the features needed.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for your engagement through the idea here. This is something we're looking to build into new invoicing. Atm, the team are a little busy with other pieces of work to improve the experience. I'll round back in to keep you updated of any progress toward overpayments in new invoicing with you all here.

• Don't see your idea?