Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1447 results found

1. Report preferences need more details, eg Comparison periods (to the Date or to the period), apply to custom reports, Apply to Users rather than to Organizations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear you find the Report preferences handy, Andrew. So the team can get a pulse of what they should expand this feature to next, it's good to have a separate idea for each new element you'd like to see developed into this. I've slightly amended the title of your idea to reflect Comparison periods, but you're welcome to start new ideas for the other elements you'd like to set blanket application of. Thanks! 

2. To show the invoice line detail in project reporting rather than a consolidated invoice line.

You have to allocate each individual line on the invoice to a project but on the project report it consolidates to just one line which doesn't make sense when you put the level of detail at the invoice that it doesn't pull through that detail to the project reporting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There should be a way we can change the email address that the files inbox accepts to make it more tailored to clients?

For example for a client, their inbox files email could be: xero.inbox.owerthsgm56785.49n6356@xerofiles.com which is crazy!

It would be so much better if it could be something like xero.inbox.clientname@xerofiles.com

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On the contact activity it tells you when an invoice reminder was sent but what would be really useful from a contact relations POV would be to be able to click that interaction and view the email so that you could screenshot/resend it to a client who says they didn't receive it. For example I have one saying at the moment they never received the reminder but did the one after and the one before? Odd? Proving the amount, email it went to etc would be a useful "told you so" if you know what I mean.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently the "Total Cash In and Out graph" on dashboard shows the total cash received and the total cash spent through all of the bank accounts in Xero. This graph excludes transfers between bank accounts as don't they affect the overall total.

It would be nice to be able to customize that graph to exclude certain transactions. Ie. if a shareholder loan is made, this would show up as cash in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bank Rules - Add condition for Transaction Type (and other Statement Details)

Sometimes loan payments only come through with the loan number as the payee, but the transaction is for Interest only. I want to be able to set up a bank rule based on the "Transaction Type" coming through in the bank feed so that Interest and Principal payments can be coded directly to the correct codes. Most banks have these details in one of "Payee", "Description", or "Reference". ANZ bank does not, there may be other banks that are similar.

I have tried to add criteria for this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be really great if we could add a description to a Batch Deposit, instead of it coming up automatically as "Payment: multiple items"
    I know we can add a reference but being able to put your own description would also be great too.

Cheers Janice Nuttney

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please have a function where we can filter the data based on the last payment date to show only invoices paid within the date range in the filter?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Very simply, short term cashflow does not include a range of items the biggest and most important of which is payroll. I think if you are selling this feature you should be very wary of the need for a disclaimer if the feature fails to be accurate, and decisions could be made on false information if for example the biggest expense item being wages is not included.

Granted it should be something people take great care when making financial decisions and should note the issue, many don't have great financial literacy which is part of why xero was created in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently expense reports are not fit for purpose. You can't even order non-approved expenses by date or export them.

You need to be able to order unapproved expenses by date and by project/customer.

You need to be able to add description and project/customer information into the expense claims report.

Xero is **** at expense management frankly and with a few minor changes could be so much better. I should get a refund on my subscription for the wasted time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear your're not satisfied with Xero Expenses, Jeremy. Appreciate there are a few things that you've noted that you feel could enhance your experience when using expenses. 

We do try to keep one idea per thread to make it simple for community to understand what they're adding their support and to help share this back with our product teams. I've adjusted the title of your idea here to reflect exporting expenses. We have an idea for changing the sort order here, and  you're welcome to start new ideas for any other points you've shared too. 

11. Make Xero report codes for use in generic Xero reports (instead of just bookkeepers reports only) - e.g. P&L, Balance Sheet, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if Xero dealt with changing balance dates more efficiently. If the balance date changes it should be able to automatically calculate the opening book value, then calculate the depreciation for the new financial year end as per usual. Currently its very manual and time consuming as it reverses all journals posted since you started using Xeros fixed asset feature. Very odd and very frustrating!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as mentioned earlier our team have been making change across Xero to enable user to change their year end in their Xero organisation. We recently made a change to Financial settings so you can add start and end dates to different periods. Currently this is only available to users with the UK version of Xero however we are looking at rolling this out across all versions over the coming months.

It's also worth noting that atm it's only possible to set a longer transitional period (12+ months). Our team are working on shorter periods (<12 months) which we'll be providing in the near future.

This change impacts multiple areas of Xero. As a reminder from our last post -

Fixed assets will draw on this information, to prevent any loss of historic information when your year end changes. Everything will automatically be calculated for you based on the…

13. Ability to close or archive tasks in Projects.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I run a supplier bill activity report it would be HELPFUL if the description column actually contained the description of the invoices, or at least the start of it. For example, say a supplier is for office rent then I put in the description what period or month the rent is for. Then, if I run a supplier activity report I would expect the ******** description column to show me the helpful description I entered. Instead I get INV Ref: xxxxxx which repeats the xxxxxx from the reference column next to it. Noe useful at all, and the info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would really like to see something similar to the sorting function on the Account Transactions report applied to the Transaction by VAT box and Transactions by tax rate pages on the VAT returns. This would make them so much easier to review, rather than exporting them to excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simple Find button as used in Quickbooks Desktop. This facility was used on a daily basis by our construction company to find anything that came on an invoice, all you needed was to type in one word and it would seek it out in seconds. I do not understand why Xero are not capable of implementing this. I have been told by Xero that the more people that support an idea the more likely it is that they will do it. Please support this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can you pl provide payment voucher/ receipt for Receive/ Spend money,

sometimes we need to provide printouts as proof.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you create an invoice the payment terms default to what is set for each customer (ie. 45 days from end of month, 60 days etc) however if you then change the issue date of the invoice, it defaults back to 30 days for every client regardless of their terms. We are looking for it to caclulate to each clients correct terms whenever the invoice date is changed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bank Reconciliation

Remove the Imported Statement Balance as at best it does not work at all and at worst it imports the wrong value, which is very upsetting for clients.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, great to get your feedback and support through the idea here.

We appreciate the 'Imported statement balance' is not always the most useful for our customers when reviewing their bank accounts.

We've started some work around this field and enabling Xero customers to overwrite an imported statement balance. While in early stages at present we'll keep you updated on progress for this here.

20. Be able to filter the project reports by project manager - ie who you have assigned it to

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?