Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

241 results found

1. At present when you create an invoice and then use the triple dot menu and "get Link" option you are presented with a overlay which gives you the Invoice link that you can give to the customer. But this link includes an extra querystring parameter utm_source - I want a setting that stops this being added to any links.

The links currently look like this:
    https://in.xero.com/XXXXXXXXXX?utm_source=newInvoicingGetLinkButton

And I want them to look like this:
    https://in.xero.com/XXXXXXXXXX

They are long and ugly looking with the UTM parameter and current I have to remove this manually from every link. I also think adding…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Branding Themes (in Invoice Settings) that are templates for Invoices, Statements, Purchase Orders, Quotes, Remittances, you name it, can only currently be 'deleted' when no longer required (ie, if a staff member resigns). BUT, individual staff themes have generally been attached to a transaction and once that 'theme' is deleted, you lose the history/audit capability. Being able to ARCHIVE instead will maintain the integrity of all the 'theme' template data it was use for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As you’ve found, right now it’s not possible to only show the organisations logo or to remove the organisation name from the email. This would help in customizing what is shown to recipients/clients.

The best way to get your voice heard is by adding your thoughts to our Xero Product Ideas. Xero Product Ideas is a Xero website where our customers can share and support ideas for change.

I’ve included a link to the Xero Product Ideas page where you can view and support current ideas or create a new one to share your thoughts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to add bigger better quality logo's at the top of the body of invoices sent as emails.

132 px x 37 px ends up so tiny and always blury (I have tried all formats but some sort of extra compression is going on in the backend. Don't look so good for us graphic designers ;-)

ps: screen shot attached so you can see where I mean, designscope logo always blury :-(

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New browser screen is too large so every entry has to be scrolled -- reduce size back to classic invoice format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, in the Automatic Sequencing setting, the invoice & credit note share the same number sequence. However, for tracking purpose, we prefer to have a separate number sequence for credit notes. Therefore, would like to request an additional 'Next Number' field for credit note, which can come with an option to share or not to share the number sequence with invoice.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to set colour of organisation in the naivgational banner

Purpose: To help distinguish between clients, and avoid entering data incorrectly when working with multiple clients.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using the dashboard search, we are no longer able to search by account number and must instead use names. Account numbers are used by thousands of businesses across the country and it's one of my most common client questions.

We can search by account number in the contact screen, please extend this to the dashboard search

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to customize each user role is quite important as every person in every company does something different. Giving them access to systems they shouldn't have because the User Role they need to do their job allows them access to these other areas is a security risk in general.

Putting in Custom Roles will also allow companies to adjust the Users to their Company Policies for controls.

This is the main reason I am posting this, as we are soon bringing on a new junior accountant where I will need to give them "approval" rights for Invoicing and a…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the idea here - Being transparent, developing granular permissions or roles for every feature and action throughout Xero is not in our plans. 

Understanding more of the permission sets majority of users need, will help understand where the biggest impact could be made. 

I've slightly adjusted the title to suit the needs of the role you mentioned. We'll get a sense of others that'd like this too. 

10. URGENT - Please have a setting to allow XERO subscriber to not allow project user to see the total invoices and billings of the organization. We need XERO improve on this system to create one more layer that allow user STANDARD to

• create quotation, raise invoice and cannot see total organization billing BUT only what they raise and projects that they are involved in.

They will make your system even more powerful! Please review this seriously. Last thing we want is to change to another platform because of this flaw.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. having a monthly average additional column option in the account watchlist would be ideal and I would have thought a default setting that most people would want on their account watchlists...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to automatically attach a file to all invoices when users send an email out from Xero.

Purpose: To save time from having to manually attach the files.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to give the ability to add tracking category to a user that is Invoice only with Approve and Pay permissions

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It is concerning that Bank Accounts can be added or deleted by users with "Standard User Access or even "Advisor" in some cases.

Considering the whole Xero Accounting system revolves around Bank Feeds, the ability to add a bank account, activate Bank Feeds or even delete a bank account should only be a function available to the Software Subscriber.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is really basic, the permission control is not flexible and give more options. How about to give multiple choosing box for permissions. I want to create a user and give him permission to create and print quotations and a purchase order permission to create and submit for approval. Because the purchase approval permission i want to give to the manager levels only.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great for us as Accountants to be able to help reset MFA for our clients when we are the subscriber of the Xero file! So many clients have issues with getting a new device etc. and often come to us first to get help with their Xero file so WHY can't accountants be given the ability to reset this for users!
    Very frustrating having to refer them onto Xero help - especially when they show up in the office wanting help and we have to send them away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the thread. Though not useful for all, we did bring attention to the reports that could help some people in the forums here. 

We'll continue to consider this and other ideas for customer statements as the platform evolves. 

Again not a full resolve but another option that could be handy for some is the inclusion of the Outstanding bills link when sending individual invoices to your customers. Through this, persons of a contact will be able to view and get detail of the invoices they have outstanding with you at any given time. 

18. Redirect to the ReturnUrl on the login page if you refresh and have already logged back in, eg. from another tab.

Context: I usually have many Xero tabs open. If I am logged out due to session timeout, all of these tabs redirect to the login page with a ReturnUrl in the query string. If I log in on one of those login pages, I am correctly returned to where I was in that tab. If I refresh another one of the tabs after logging in, it stays on the login page rather than automatically redirecting to the ReturnUrl.

It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I need to add an employee to do the bank reconciliations for me. I don't want to give him any other authorization.
    You current system is too rigid. Other software provides allow their clients to pick and choose authorizations for their added users. Can you adopt this feature too?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xero provides for only one ATO Branch code to be recorded for an organisation in Settings / Organisation details. Also, Xero does not require a branch code to be recorded for Single Touch Payroll (STP) which would be resulting in a number of cases where the ATO is contacting clients and practitioners regarding incorrect branch codes for STP and requiring correction of STP filings which is time consuming and complex.

Some businesses have different branch codes for different ATO reporting obligations. For example, a business may have a branch number of 001 for Single Touch Payroll but 003 for Taxable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?