Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3851 results found

1. I found the reconciliation options too complicated for my use case. I didn't understand or need the codes and found my best efforts left the balances showing the wrong amounts. Really all I would need is a distinction between "Money in" and "Money out", and custom tagging so I could track my own categories rather than try to make sense of a technical coding system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is a new feature on Xero Payroll that creates employee numbers automatically on employee creation. A great new feature, it gets my vote. It would be good if this worked for bulk import, e.g. by setting the employee number field in the import as blank. (When I tried this it didn't work).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Batch payment file to support Barclays.net format as attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would be good to have in Spend Money option to insert multiple lines like in Bills & Invoices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the option for multi currency to other subscription types.

Currently the only way to use multi-currency is to upgrade to the Xero Established/Premium or Ultimate pricing plan. For a sole trader that doesn't need all the extra features of those plans, that is a minimum price increase of over double the starter plan.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be GREAT (ok essential) to have the "Related account" column available here.

A list of transactions by contact at it is, with date,VAT and total amount is ok but a CRUCIAL column is missing.

"Related account" column is crucial/ essenital/ a mist because we often need to check consistency of posting to the correct account, which we cannot do right now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Where payroll is handled through Xero, please block the ability for client users to post bank transactions to Wages expense account and Superannuation expense account. It is time consuming to recode entries to the Wages payable account and Superannuation payable account. I have told some clients several times to not use the expense accounts but they still do it. If access to the expense accounts could be blocked when payroll is done through Xero, it would save a lot of time fixing the ledger accounts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My request is to allow us to have a CSV column with data in it that will automatically populate the "Why" field with the bank account description content. I have a client with hundreds of different payees and recipients and each has a different description. Very few are consistent each month, and those are covered by the bank rules, but that is only about 5% of her transactions. She wants the same description in the ledger as is on the bank statement. It is very tedious for me to copy and paste the bank description into the"why" field for each…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please change the editor in the email copy, when sending an email & creating an email template, to a rich text editor. It would be useful to be able to bold/highlight particular lines especially when invoices are late & reminders are being sent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to ask if there is a possibility of having on suppliers' and customers' activity bar (please see attached screenshot, what I mean) and one more column - bill/invoice description? I used to work with QuickBooks, and they had this feature, which was very helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to edit expense code and tracking code after approval and payment.
    This is to make up for there being no data validation capability for coding.
    The workaround is to run the Account Transactions report and run 'query tests' in Excel.
    Once the errors are found, you go back and edit the transactions for missing tracking codes, etc.
    With Expenses there is no ability to subsequently edit the transaction, though whihc measn you need to create journals which is inefficient and hard to audit.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Pay Now" payment option via my "Stripe" account. Would like allowance for customers to have the option to pay with their credit card? In saying that the "Pay Now" button does not give them an option to choose and be able to select their own re-payment period on their credit card. The "Pay Now" button does not allow for that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would help employees to understand their payslips if we could choose the order that pay elements appear on the payslips

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to block Quotes being raised/sent if a customer has reached its credit limit. Another tick box like the one for Invoices except this is for Quotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When importing bank statements on the import screen, it would be great to have the account balance shown on the screen.

Yes it shows the latest transaction imported but some statements will have transactions for the same day shown after this transaction that may or may not have already been imported - you would have to go back to the bank statement screen to confirm the balance. Having the bank balance on the import screen would be a nice QoL adjustment.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to choose what items to include from the invoice on the packing slip. This means I can select not to have freight and set-up charges on the packing slip as they are not actual items being sent to customers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export in CSV UTF-8 or excel file as opposed to CSV comma delimited. Or have the option to choose what format the file is downloaded in as opposed to it having to be csv comma delimited.

Reasoning: We utilise characters in our Xero that currently doesnt export out correctly e.g. "青龍 香米". This problem would be eliminated if we could export the file format as either excel or CSV UTF-8. Xero as a system supports the upload of these characters and displays them absolutely fine on the webpage, which is why we have decided to move to your system, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a feature to identify whether an expense is tax deductible or non-tax deductible under Bill, Expense, and Journal. This will be extremely beneficial to the SME Accountant when preparing tax computations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to allocate draft purchase invoices to different users for approval

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xero have added an automatic journal which credits salaries with the amount recovered from the government. This is great except we use tracking categories for all transactions in the P&L and the automatic journal leaves it blank. We have to post a manual journal to correct the posting. It would be useful for the automatic journal to include tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?