Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1450 results found

1. GST Audit Report - show if the files icon & no of files (e.g. like Account Transaction list does). This would be helpful when ensuring all GST invoice requirements are met.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offer option to lock last and previous year's data to prevent unintentional corruption of "good data".
    Users would then have to slow taken and take a great deal of care if changes to last and previous year's accounts is actually required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Further to Mr Howarth's request in May2022 under the title 'Reporting - Include journal ID', I would like to request one additional step to be added.

Creating mapping against Xero transactional data is very testing as it is impossible to create a fixed unique reference for each line. To narrow things down, you would have to use JournalID but then need to concatenate with other fields to differentiate between the lines within a single journal. eg. description, dates, amounts or a combination of other fields. However, these joined fields can be edited! There is no way I can currently see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When filtering bills by planned date within reports Xero will automatically use the due date when a bill has no planned date. However, when reporting on planned payments there is a reason that bills have no planned date ie. they are disputed or will be offset by a supplier who is also a customer.

It should be possible to exclude bills with no planned date from reports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Insert blank row in customised financial reports to separate different groups..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We should be able to attach a file/invoice from the reconcile tab and then reconcile the transaction without having to click into the transaction - would be quicker!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We operate in a province with separate GST and PST reporting requirements. Xero presently lumps both sales taxes into one line item which is going to be a nightmare in any forensic or audit scenario. We need a separate line item for GST and for PST in Saskatchewan, Canada so that they can be tracked independently as they are applied very different (one refundable, one non-refundable, one applies to everything, one applies to most things).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The New GST layout needs to keep the "Late Claims" separate on the transaction details report. Lumping them all together with income or expense and then the totals don't tie into the numbers on the face of the GST return is frustrating. I can see you can filter by "late claims" but we don't want to have to export and manipulate the data when sending the documents to clients.

It doesn't make sense that the detailed transaction report doesn't match the face of the GST return without manipulating

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When depositing checks, I often search for the customer name or invoice number and deposit ONE CHECK AT A TIME. While this is less efficient than batch deposits, it works fine for our low volume of checks (most customers pay by CC or ACH now). That said, it would be more convenient to navigate to business/invoices/awaiting payment in one step than navigating to invoices and then clicking on the awaiting payment tab in a second step. IOW, you should show the sub-navigation within invoices so you can go to the exact tab you want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi
    I would like to request that we keep the publish button on the new GST layout. The new GST Return layout does not have the Publish to Reports function (this has been removed). The Publish Function is an important function for clients, bookkeepers and auditors to access all relevant publish reports in one place.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To be able to bulk change settings for customer or suppliers.. for example, all of our customers and suppliers (4000+) were added to Xero but have all been pre set to include 20% VAT when invoicing.

But not all of our services are VAT chargeable, now whenever we invoice the VAT rate is pre set, causing us to need to remember to remove it. We can individually change this per customer or supplier to use our organisations own setting, in which this pulls from our schedule of rates. But to have the ability to change this in bulk would make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the moment I cannot email end of year CIS statements through Xero to contractors like I can for monthly CIS statements.

It would be very helpful to have this facility as I have to download PDF for EACH contractor (which can be very time consuming) and email individually at year end.

This is a requirement as a CIS main contractor, so should be automated and easier for us to do this. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Good day, we would appreciate it if you can add a feature in the search criteria to allow you to search in any field.

The purpose would be if you searched for an amount or description it would pick that up irrespective of how a transaction was processed. This will make find and recode or fixing incorrect items on the Account transactions easier.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. At the time of creating ABA file with 10 bills and one supplier bank account has an error (eg extra 000 in front of the account number), XERO still allows to create the ABA file however removes the bill without a notification.

Let's say you do not take time to check the batch payment PDF file with ABA data file, you do not know that bill is removed.

If XERO does not allow to create the ABA file OR notify that bill is removed from ABA file will solve the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restrict the "Mark as reconciled option" on payments to be "adviser" user level access only. This will reduce the instances of clients inadvertently causing bank reconciliation errors. Many dont understand the implications of clicking this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to update multiple notes at once. For example, if I have a list of 300 invoices and a statement has been sent, I want to see that note on each invoice, so that anyone going into that account can see the last action. So for example, I want to add the note 'Statement sent today requesting payment by 19th April' to all 300 invoices, but I want to be able to select them all and add that note once, not 300 separate times.

It would be so helpful and would save a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is crazy to not be able to filter History and Notes by notes. What good does a note do me if I either have to:
    1. Go to the customer to see if there is one OR
    2. Have to read through all of the "Edited", "Credited" etc just to find the notes.

Also make it so the notes can be filtered by customer/supplier. Notes do absolutely no good if they cannot be accessed or looked at easily.

The attached has been filtered so the type is ONLY customer. I highlighted the items that are desired. All the rest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show the variance between the bank and the Xero statement balance on the dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am a new user of Xero. It is by far the most useful accounting software I've seen. However, my business is a UK Limited Liability Partnership which needs to submit annual Partnership tax returns, SA800. But Xero can't do it at the moment. Are there any plans to enable this process in Xero?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We have to regularly edit invoices from specifics suppliers to correct pennies in the VAT boxes to ensure these match. Using up valuable and unnecessary time.

We use another software with another company that gets this spot on every time, but considering we pay for Xero we felt it would be helpful to get the VAT extraction down to 100% accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?