Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

56 results found

1. Ability to switch between organisations on the Xero phone app. I presently work for several businesses and upload receipts/invoices as go. I presently would need to login and out to be able to do this as I have different email accounts for some of the businesses I work for. I am told that I can only do this if I use the same email account across all clients, this is not possible with in house email accounts.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is actually from My Xero, not Xero HQ. How about to include bank transfer to Xero bank account as a method to make a payment of delayed subscription fee?

When 'Pay now' option cannot be selected at the time of overdue Xero subscription payment, we need to 'Édit payment details' and wait for Xero to process Direct Debit under the situations that the Direct Debit is selected as the payment method. The account is 'locked' while the payment is overdue.

If a bank transfer to a Xero bank account would be possible, and it would be processed in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have numerous SAGE systems not now in use but it would be useful to get into Xero but do not need a monthly subscription although it would be nice for a one off fee to get a xero (READ ONLY)
    set of SAGE DATA in case any historical info required.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please offer phone support. You still continue to have many people being frustrated at the lack of phone support you provide. As paying customers and given the substantial fees you charge customers should be able to ring you when they need to. Often the online responses we get from your customer services people are too complex for them or their English is not good enough to be able to understand the issues.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. you should be able to confirm your account with a secondary email. I got locked out of my primary email, and Xero thought my normal log in was suspicious. I had not way to confirm my account. I have a secondary email. What is the point of the secondary email if there is no way to use it to confirm my account? Or use my phone for a text confirmation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

Could you make the "Tell us what happened" box bigger? It's meant to be used for clients to give Xero detail of the what the issue is.

It only takes 2 lines at a time and is abit annoying when trying to compile a message and give details.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback 😊
    If you need to add more detail than two lines, you can resize the description box using the draggable corner in the bottom right.
    To be open and upfront, our product team don’t have any plans to change the description box at this time, but will see how the feedback evolves here and through other channels, and keep this in mind. We’ll be sure to pop back to let you know of any updates.

7. Any appetite/plans to offer Analytics Plus as a per month add-on like projects and expenses?

For my starter clients, it would be nice to offer the 90 days, instead of just the 7/30 days.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There should be a support chat feature, especially for new users. Drilling through support topics and forums is cumbersome for simple questions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is a minor User Interface bug that has been bugging me for years.

Basically, almost every time I go to the my.xero.com Organisations page I end up clicking and waiting then realising I haven't clickedin the special place that works. The user interface here is misleading. Whenever your mouse curse enters the large box containing the name of one of your companies, that whole line highlights. But the only place you can click to actually get it to go to that company's dashboard is the text of the company name.

Everywhere else in xero, you can click in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to flag or log a Xero issue, without having to raise a case.
    Sometimes my colleagues and I are having the same issue at the same time with Xero. Eg. Dashboard not displaying correctly, unable to change organisation from the dropdown menu. But when we go to https://status.xero.com/ everything is showing as "Operational".

An option of being able to click onto a region; setting; choose the issue would be great. That means that Xero could be alerted quickly if there is a wider issue, or if it's an isolated issue.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OK so maybe it's obvious to you that Xero Product Ideas is under the 'Community' tab on xero central but can I suggest you mention it under 'Support' too, as that is where most people looking for help start?

I tried searching 'feature request', 'request' etc on support and in the end had to open a case to find out you had a whole Product Ideas thing - I didn't think to look under 'Community' as I wrongly assumed that was just discussion.
    I can't be the only person who thought this way, especially when concerned about something that seems…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, we’ve now made Product Ideas available in Xero Central search, you’ll spot them in the results with their green label for “Product Idea” or you can filter your search under “What do you want to do?” to select “Share an idea”. 😁

As mentioned in our last update we’re also looking into making Product Ideas easier to find - we’ll update this idea once we’ve got more to share.

12. Xero Projects: as an add-on feature for both Early and Growing Tiers for users who are happy with their tier, but would appreciate the functionality of that Xero Projects offers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to have my monthly subscription invoices in EUR instead of the standard USD invoices that Xero Global issues. There are a lot of European countries that fall under Xero Global by default but paying these invoices makes us incur unnecessary bank charges due to FX. Please amend and let us decide on the invoicing currency for our subscriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If there is a customer query it would helpful if the Xero Support Staff were able to add this as a Product Development Idea themselves, instead of having to send a link to the Xero user who raised the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Danish Business Authority requires Accounting Systems to be approved by them in order for you to use their system in the country. XERO currently have no plans to get approved by them, I think they should get approval from DBA, and other countries, to enable subsidiaries of Global companies to use the same software as their parent companies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xero currently fails the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This means that people with accessibility needs are locked out of being able to use Xero effectively.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/quickref/

A quick scroll through shows that Xero fails a number of criteria, such as:
    - 2.1 Keyboard Accessible (for example, on the new bills page, tabbing through the page includes tabbing through the search bar, and when you tab through the date fields this causes today's date to be included as a filter, which cannot be immediately undone using the keyboard without tabbing through to another field)
    - 2.4.7 Focus visible (if you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have just a client request student pricing/plans as her son is studying and they use a competitor as its cheaper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to see the invoice limit removed for the Starter Plan. I am a sole trader in healthcare (a psychologist) - no employees and therefore no need for payroll, but my client management software Halaxy (calendar, invoicing, etc) is synced with Xero so I can reconcile the transactions. I was surprised to see that each of these transactions counts as an "invoice", even though I am not using Xero to directly invoice my clients. I see 16 clients per week, so I realise now that 20 invoices per month is not going to work.

I would like the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A regular check to ensure you are using the correct subscription for the size of your business. we downsized but without checking our subscription and have been paying for a subscription for more staff than we have. A quarterly reminder email to remind clients to check their subscription is correct for their needs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My suggestions is that automated super should be available if a Xero package offers payroll, like the starter package and the Standard package - its near impossible for clients to make direct super payments for employees (even for business owners themselves) without using this feature.

With the increases in subscriptions occurring in September I think an upgrade with automated super should be tabled for the lower subscription packages.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?