Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. We receive an email each month with a link to the invoice, which we can then print to a pdf to download & attach to another email to send to Hubdoc or Xero Bills.
    Many businesses have a 'do not click links' policy.
    Please attach the pdf invoice to the original email to save all your users those extra clicks.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I feel that there is a poor level of dialogue from Xero on these ideas. For the top voted topics - I'd like communication as to what they're doing to implement a solution (and if not then why not).
    For the ideas that are years old but still receive steady votes - what's happening?

If Xero have no plans to take on certain ideas then make it known.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul-John, appreciate your feedback here. Our team are constantly reviewing new as well as sharing and rallying for many of the trending ideas across the site here. 

Hopefully you feel more of the interaction overtime. 

We take ideas seriously and this does mean sometime may need to be put into evaluating an idea internally before it's position is updated in the community here. There are many factors that weigh into the product decision and development process that extend beyond the site alone and some ideas require careful consideration from multiple areas and people throughout the business. Where possible we will do our best to openly set expectation and you can use the Status of an idea to better understand it's position. 

3. Dear Xero

I'm a user of your Standard business plan and happy to pay for this service, but also a user of your Starter Plan for another business in another country and it has some limitations which really need attention for small business owners who don't do much accounting.

The limit of 5 bills a month has to be increased to at least 10 which seams fair for a small business. I don't see the value of your price increase for basic features we need.

The other issue with 5 bills its allocated to each month, so should you have…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the option for multi currency to other subscription types.

Currently the only way to use multi-currency is to upgrade to the Xero Established/Premium or Ultimate pricing plan. For a sole trader that doesn't need all the extra features of those plans, that is a minimum price increase of over double the starter plan.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if Xero can change the PDF format of partner monthly subscription invoices by customer rather than subscription type.

This way the PDF can be forwarded to our Xero Blue practice file as a draft bill and hopefully the AI will extract each customer subscription as a separate line item within the bill so we an easily assign each line as an expense to each individual client.

Then the billable expenses will come through correctly when we raise sales invoices in XPM that integrate with our Xero Blue practice file as a draft invoice.

Currently only the…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have an itemised subscription invoice by Xero Organisation, so that it is easy for us to on charge the costs to our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We don't have a mastercard or visa, only an American Express card. I'd like to pay by AmEx like a do for a lot of our other vendors. Can you kindly arrange that?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to set up a Xero org for a specific charity organisation.

Purpose: Because charity organisations work differently (e.g. restricted/unrestricted transactions).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My suggestions are as follows:

• Forum topics devoted to actual components of Xero i.e. Sales, Payables, Payroll etc
      Current topics aren't specific or indicative of where to post your question or browse. (Delivered)

• Communities by Country
      Information would be accurate to country of business residence.
      Saves going into many posts that aren't relevant to country accounting standards.
      Users wouldn't have to preface each subject with country code

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's good to hear how we can improve our forums for you all to continue engaging with one another within Xero's community. With the launch of Xero Product Ideas in April, we took the opportunity to restructure the site in a more meaningful way for our customers.

The forums are split by product - In for small businesses, you'll find categories that represent feature in your blue Xero organsiation. While over in for accountants & bookkeepers, you can support ideas for Xero's Partner products and features aimed at practices servicing Xero clients.

Communities by country is something we'll continue to assess. We appreciate how greater visibility of a users time zone could help with navigation of knowledge and ideas. In the meantime, you'll find in the forums here and across in Xero Central Discussions community managers may sometimes edit the title of a community discussion to include most relevant regions…

10. I would like to be able to flag or log a Xero issue, without having to raise a case.
    Sometimes my colleagues and I are having the same issue at the same time with Xero. Eg. Dashboard not displaying correctly, unable to change organisation from the dropdown menu. But when we go to https://status.xero.com/ everything is showing as "Operational".

An option of being able to click onto a region; setting; choose the issue would be great. That means that Xero could be alerted quickly if there is a wider issue, or if it's an isolated issue.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please offer phone support. You still continue to have many people being frustrated at the lack of phone support you provide. As paying customers and given the substantial fees you charge customers should be able to ring you when they need to. Often the online responses we get from your customer services people are too complex for them or their English is not good enough to be able to understand the issues.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have numerous SAGE systems not now in use but it would be useful to get into Xero but do not need a monthly subscription although it would be nice for a one off fee to get a xero (READ ONLY)
    set of SAGE DATA in case any historical info required.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There should be a support chat feature, especially for new users. Drilling through support topics and forums is cumbersome for simple questions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My suggestions is that automated super should be available if a Xero package offers payroll, like the starter package and the Standard package - its near impossible for clients to make direct super payments for employees (even for business owners themselves) without using this feature.

With the increases in subscriptions occurring in September I think an upgrade with automated super should be tabled for the lower subscription packages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to be able to add expenses app without having to upgrade the subscription to standard- most traders dont use Xero and we keep as managed client- but they just want the expenses app to keep receipts out their vans - ability to have expenses without the rest of the cost of upgrading to standard - lets keep costs down for folk.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OK so maybe it's obvious to you that Xero Product Ideas is under the 'Community' tab on xero central but can I suggest you mention it under 'Support' too, as that is where most people looking for help start?

I tried searching 'feature request', 'request' etc on support and in the end had to open a case to find out you had a whole Product Ideas thing - I didn't think to look under 'Community' as I wrongly assumed that was just discussion.
    I can't be the only person who thought this way, especially when concerned about something that seems…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, we’ve now made Product Ideas available in Xero Central search, you’ll spot them in the results with their green label for “Product Idea” or you can filter your search under “What do you want to do?” to select “Share an idea”. 😁

As mentioned in our last update we’re also looking into making Product Ideas easier to find - we’ll update this idea once we’ve got more to share.

17. Xero Projects: as an add-on feature for both Early and Growing Tiers for users who are happy with their tier, but would appreciate the functionality of that Xero Projects offers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A Referral and Affiliate program would be great. I love Xero and recommend it to other business owners.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to SPEAK with someone with a problem instead of reading many articles that never solve the problem!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It is ridiculous that you are forced to set a calendar reminder to come back and downgrade a Xero Subscription in a month's time.
    A client may need to increase their subscription purely to account for the crossover period of one staff member leaving and a new one starting and whilst we have no issue paying the additional for the one extra employee, to make it impossible to downgrade for a month after that upgrade is a pathetic cash grab by Xero.
    Make it possible to downgrade the file immediately and have it take effect from the future date.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?