Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1372 results found

1. The Xero API will let you send an invoice by email - https://developer.xero.com/documentation/api/accounting/invoices/#emailing-an-invoice

There is no equivalent functionality for Quotes, each needs to be send manually. This endpoint should be added in as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It shouldn't be so difficult to assign expenses to customers or projects, an expense or spend money item shouldn't need to be edited to add it to a customer or project.
    Simplifying this process could be as simple as an extra column that can be enabled on the Account Transactions view and if a transaction isn't assigned to a project or expense then it can be simply clicked in the column and the customer or project selected.
    Additionally Bank Rules should be able to include the option to assigned to customers or projects, if we have a client that charges…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be useful to be able to assign a bill to a specific person for approval within the system - without this the function is pretty useless.

This seems like a simple thing if you have this as an option.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to upload changes to existing invoices via csv.

Currently - When uploading a list of invoices that already exist, Xero will not allow the upload to continue. This feature would mean, that for any invoice that exists already, Xero would prompt the user whether they would like to update changes for existing invoices or not.

Purpose example - For invoices that need to have changes applied, for example amending the due date to an agreed revised payment due date. This change would enable the user to bulk update instead of needing to open each invoice manually and edit each…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I approve my own expense claims, don't generate a notification for me that my expense is approved. I already know because I just did it. It wastes my time and attention marking those notifications as read.

Just a minor annoyance. But also a quick fix, I suspect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability for Xero to treat an overpayment with VAT on - I don't want to use a secondary debtors control account.

We have a client on the VAT cash accounting scheme and we have a number of overpayments which need to hit the debtors control account. When I run the VAT return, these amounts are not being captured for VAT purposes since there is no option to select a tax rate when using the overpayments option.

Should I treat these as prepayments, Xero will allow me to code these to a nominal account with VAT. However, the nominal code I…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To create a credit note from an invoice without applying it to the invoice.
    Currently the only option is ‘create and apply credit’.
    We refund first then generate the credit note. So we need to allocate the invoice to the customer receipt, then allocate the repayment to the credit note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently you can only add the ContactPhoneNumber into the invoice template. Have an option to add both the contact number and the mobile number. Also have an option to add the additional email addresses to the template.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We sent an invoice to a customer that had the bank details for payment added into Xero incorrectly on our end. Error has since been corrected, but customer has the initial Xero-generated invoice with the incorrect details. When I view the invoice in Xero now, it shows the correct bank details. Is there a way to find/see the invoice that was sent with incorrect details?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We charge our consultants at a different cost rate per customer project and pay them a different cost rate per engagement. This is negotiated with them at the start of the gig and applies only to that Project.

I want to set a different staff rate per project per staff member.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. in Recurring invoices, placeholders are essential to accurate and meaningful descriptions. Placeholders seem to currently only offer Week, Month & Year but not ‘Day’ or [DATE] or [TODAY]. (with the usual +/- feature). This would be hugely helpful for recurring daily or weekly invoices or for communicating a relevant billing period on a Monthly invoice (that differs from calendar months or calendar weeks) without having to manually update the date in description of every Repeated invoice. Currently more work is required and ALL repeating invoices need manual intervention before approval whereas if this could be automated Bills could be automatically…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, Can i check is there any mobile space for moving long space to show the full no. of " NUMBER" row due to i unable to see the document no.in full in "Purchase Order" page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is all too easy to accidentally upload a batch of sales invoices to Xero from the wrong period. It can then take absolutely hours to delete these as Xero does not have the functionality to remove these en masse.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah, when importing invoices to Xero, these should come in as drafts. You can Delete draft invoices in bulk from the Draft List view. 🙂

Would be good to better understand the way invoices are coming into your organisation if there's a step I'm missing here? 

14. Good Day

We would like to request that the feature or the option to charge interest on customers for overdue accounts be developed as most other accounting packages has this feature and it becomes time consuming when this has to be calculated and brought in as additional invoices when there are numerous accounts that this needs to be done on.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Usually, the options when you make a new bill would be "create new, copy, edit, etc" and date issued, date due, but no date planned to pay. SoI hope that one day there would be an additional option of "schedule for payment at date" because sometimes there are so many bills lying around and going to the "ALL" tab in Bills to pay, to find which are the bills that haven't had a schedule yet to schedule it is kind of inconvenient. So if I may, I would like a small additional option to be able to assign a planned…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate wanting this within the individual bill and through creation, Ruth. We'll track interest of this here,  

As a solve for right now, you can jump across to the Awaiting Payment tab and select the Bills you'd like to assign a planned date too you'll see the Action for 'Add planned date' turn blue and you can use this to bulk assign a plan to date to multiple bills at once 🙂

If you're not sure which bills you've assigned a planned date too, you can click the plan Planned date header to sort all bills without a date assigned. 

16. I was able to add columns on a report to show tracked category subtotals alongside category totals, then I used 3 formula columns to show the category totals excluding the tracked category values and then the variance by $ and % excluding the tracked category values.

It would be nice instead to be able to make Variance columns that will refer to other Variance columns and/or Formula columns. This way, I gain the benefit of colour coding and arrows for these formulae, making them more directly comparable and more visually consistent!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be helpful and efficient to be able to make or add an account code straight from the "account code" dropdown in the bill/invoice/journal without needing to go to chart of accounts to make a new one. Currently, users still need to go to the chart and then go back to the bill/invoice/journal but since this refreshes the page, it erases all the data already filled up in the invoice.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate how this suggestion would make life easier 😊 This is a feature that our team are looking to improve, and they have plans to enable a quick link to go to the COA (similar to quotes today). They do hope to enable the ability to add a new account directly within the Invoices screen however there are a few other pieces of work lined up before they can tackle that.

We'll shift to Under review and I'll keep you updated of any progress!

18. Is it possible to include a item code column when downloading Xero invoices. This information is already included in the PDF download.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I hope xero has the functionality of e-invoicing to approve and send the multiple e-invoices in bulk.
    As this new invoicing does not allow it and make the task slower than the conventional xero way.
    I hope you'll add this suggestion on your product improvement and see xero functioning the next time around.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. FILES - It would be great if we could add a file from the main screen when reconciling bills without having to go into the item/bill to do this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?