Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1372 results found

1. The same way a direct debit file is created for Creditors, it would be great if Xero could create a direct credit file for Debtors. We direct credit over 200 debtor accounts weekly. As Xero isnt able, we do it externally and use a bank template. If Xero can creatre a direct debit file, I dont see why it cant create a direct credit file. The only change is the bank ID. Our previous clunky software could do it and banks are able to upload a direct credit file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to edit invoice without having to remove and redo all payments on that invoice

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When creating an Invoice from a quote within Projects, the newly created invoice does not retain any connection to the Project that the quote is linked to. This is very annoying and time-consuming - as the only way to then link the Invoice to the Project is to manually select and assign every individual line item, one by one and map them against the project. Surely this is an easy fix to keep an Invoice linked to a project as the quote was? Why would you disassociate an invoice from a project that it directly relates to??

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Current financial year by month – actual and budget
    Use this report but able to select which period the actuals stop and the budget starts, so you can run the report on a back dated range, or before the latest period was completed.

I.e. Financial year is Jan-Dec. If I run the report in April, it shows Jan-March actuals and April-Dec budget. It would be good to be able to select the date where the actuals stop and budget starts, so you can run a report in April (for example) and select Jan and Feb actuals, and March-Dec Budget.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To have an option to set up e-mail notifications to receive a report when an invoice payable becomes due

Purpose: To easily be reminded when invoices/bills due through email.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. XERO Projects could do with a massive update!

Similar to the main dashboard XERO Projects could also do with a dashboard where you can see a quick overview of what is due in the coming weeks, what is overdue, what is assigned to me, or what is assigned to staff I manage. What projects are in draft status and what projects are 'in progress'. Projects with amounts that need to be invoiced and projects where allocated hours to tasks have been exceeded or amounts allocated to estimated expenses have exceeded.

In other words a dashboard that gives a nice visual…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aaah I see, thanks for the clarification, Emma. Understand the difference between what you can get with the existing reports and what you're in need of. 

I've shared with our Projects team. We're continuing to add Projects and while there's no plans at present I'll let you know if anything surrounding this is explored we'll share with you here. 🙂 

7. When editing an item and after filling the cost price if TAB is pressed the highlighted field is the "Purchase account" but it's "closed".

To input any character the space bar needs to be pressed and then search is available.

I suggest that the search should be immediately available as it will not cause any issue if we want to leave it as is and continue to the next field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On Business->Products and Services, when searching for a product code, if there's a space before or after it does not find the product.

This is quite annoying when copy pasting from other files that sometimes bring a white space.

It's an easy fix that will help a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have lots of Custom Reports, more than can be made into Favourites. Can you please add Custom Reports to the Accounting menu to enable direct access to this report area? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to have an option to automatically update purchase price on the item when users buy the same new items.

Purpose: To save time from having to manually update each item price when there’s a different price on the same new items.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and emphasis on the bills side of things for the idea here. I've made sure this is shared with our team in this space.

Bills is an area we're continuing to develop with building on beautiful and I'll be sure to let you know here if there's any consideration made to change behaviour of this through the bills add and edit flow.

11. My client has started using Projects which I'm finding not easy to use.

We would like to assign bills directs to projects in Hubdoc.

I also want to be able to give my client a list of bills that haven't been assigned. I can see this in bills to pay but its not printable/ exportable and there is no report that will give me this information.

I would also like to include direct spends from bank feed instead of having to create a bill just so we can see its not assigned

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Project Estimated Expense - Gross Profit Calculation
    Rather than work out the sale price based on a MU% (mark up), add or change this to a GP% (gross profit %). this would then align with the financial accounts / reports which run at the end of the month, quarterly and annual accounts.
    Annual accounts don't report on mark-up%.but GP%
    Accountant reviews and best business advisors all work on GP%

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Very good, fast and accurate in calculations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customer Statements - the current statements show payments allocated to invoices. This is confusing for customers who make part payments. Can Xero please bring in an option to not include payment allocations as our customers only want to view their statements by looking at the amounts they actually paid, not the break ups

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate wanting to see a direct option within customer statements that exist in Xero. 

An option here would be to run the Customer Invoice Activity report where you can filter by Source to remove payment type sources such as 'Receivable Payment'. Once set up this could be saved as a custom report to be run with your filters at any time. 🙂

15. Automatically provide the audit certificate for e-signatures applied in Document Packs. At the moment, you need to contact Xero Support to obtain the audit certificates, which often takes days, when you generally need these things urgently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. QR Code on Invoice that goes to same web location as the 'View your Bill Online' link on Invoices.

Currently, a Xero Invoice can have a link displayed for easy/direct payment by customer.

I would like to see the option to include a QR Code, embeded within the EMAIL sent to customers, and on the PDF attached to the Email, that translates to the same link, allowing for easy payment of printed invoices at time of delivery.

Great for 1st time customers, Pay on Delivery or COD customers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When changing the year end for a client, it would be nice if previous year's could be locked in dates, fixed assets, etc.
    Once the year end is changed, it seems to amend the dates for the previous year in all reports too, if (for example) the new year end means the current "year" runs to 13+ months (such as when the year end is extended): it's hard to get the comparative period in any popular reports to show the previous year as it was filed.
    And especially in the TB, I can't get it to show a period for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not a major one but I feel the whole online site needs a facelift.
    Information is not given in an easy to process way and this can make navigating the program more complicated than it seems to be.

I recently transferred over from MYOB and where I feel the general program of Xero is better for ease of reconciling etc. some tasks can feel super overcomplicated and difficult to carry out due to poor layout and outdated visuals. This is something MYOB seem to have done well, Xero seems clunky and outdated in comparison, whilst having all the programming and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A type of tax code should be possible in which the tax is subtracted from, rather than added to, the invoiced amount for that line item.

Rationale: Many countries require that a foreign supplier's invoice be subject to withheld tax if the supplier doesn't have a satisfactory tax treaty entitlement.

Example:

We use a reverse-invoice process for our Australian supplier to record payments due to them based on our activity. This activity often attracts a royalty fee that we must pay.

The UK requires us to withhold 5% of this royalty fee, and pay this over HMRC quarterly.

To create…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In QB you can "create a deposit" and in each line item, you can assign a customer, assign a GL account, class & amount. (there is also a line to assign to an invoice/customer ledger if you use those). You can then print a deposit slip from this as well!
    PLEASE make this function available.
    It is a hassle to enter every check or payment into "Receive Money", then have to go back and try to match up all the correct payments to the bank deposit in the bank reconciliation.
    But if we don't do it like that, we cannot…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?