Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1389 results found

1. Customer Statements - Would be good if customer statements could include a prepayment balance somewhere on the statement. My client receives a lot of prepayments and would like customers to be able to see at a glance their remaining credit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would love to see a newer updated "look" similar to what Freshbooks or Quickbooks Online has. They have a very streamlined look. I like how they have the tabs on the side that say "invoice" and "expenses" without having to go through the dropdown menus.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently after adding a payment, the page goes to the Sales Overview - Invoices. It would be good if (possibly just as an option) it returned to the actual invoice I was adding a payment to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a selecting the new invoicing platform, you lose certain functions.
    The first function that has been lost is the ability to copy invoice data to a purchase order - this feature needs to added to the new platform as some business use this to purchase items that have been sold from a supplier and makes sure there are no errors.
    The second function is when invoicing from Project the time entered for that project is no longer being allocated to an invoice and showing in the project as not invoiced, this will cause doubling up on billing.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I'm pleased to share with you that the Product team are investigating the first part of this idea - to copy invoice data to a purchase order in new invoicing. There's a few other bits of work lined up before they get to this but we'll be sure to return with an update on progress once there's more news 📰 

As for the second function raised here, when you raise an invoice from Projects that includes tasks, time entries or expenses, if you change the project field on new invoicing the connection with Projects will be removed. To correct this, you can either void/delete the invoice and recreate it from the project or manually mark the time entry/task/cost as invoiced.

5. Can we please bring back the 'add last items' for an invoice?
    This saved us A LOT of time on regularly customers.
    Not sure why it was removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on new invoicing here. Good to understand the features our users find most handy. The team are looking at many improvements they can make to continue to enhance this experience for our customers. While we can't commit to development as yet, this is something the team are looking into and we'll keep you updated of any progress of this, here. 

6. I'd like to suggest/request that when loading a line item on an invoice that is a negative, that the quantity is loaded as a negative and not the value. We have created a Delivery Note template that excludes the values (see attached), as a requirement from customers that do not want this info displayed on the d/notes. Obviously then, any negative quantities do not show as such.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Invoicing - why is there a long Delay sending email?

Seems with new invoicing it can now take up to 10 minutes for the copy to arrive in my inbox, after selecting "send me a copy".

Some clients demand a copy to be manually emailed to the local admin at the local office, as well as having xero send direct to their accounting package at head office

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are some new features that I like about the new invoicing, like the ability to immediately a new contact. However this is limited to name and billing address, please add the ability to add email address here too!!!

Other classic features that need to be included so I can use the new invoicing:
    - the ability to delete the Date and Due Date for a draft invoice. I draft invoices for the entire duration of a project once a contract is signed. The dates are not known at this preliminary stage however it is hugely beneficial to have this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and appreciate the detail in what you'd like to see, Cairns. 

To help the team stay across and keep customers updated of change we try to limit  ideas to one per thread. I've updated the title of your idea here to reflect your first idea, and we have ideas that have been created for the second and third points and you can join and stay tuned for any progress on each of these. 

9. It would streamline workflow if there was a feature that allowed us to store a client's credit card on file and when a single invoice is sent out to the client, the business can charge the card on file.

In previous invoicing systems, I was able to "store" a client's credit card on file and then invoice and charge the credit card on file. This is an important feature for my business as it removes the burden off my clients for paying the invoice and reduces the amount of follow up on my end for collecting payment.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can the new invoicing template show the address like the old templates used? Now if you go into edit the addresses have disappeared and to check if it is correct you have to click on the contact and fix it in a new tab.
    Also the notes section has removed the time stamps and the email address the invoices get sent to. Can the new invoicing have the same notes and history function as the old one.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just a quick update to let you know the team are currently working on the ability to show the email address that an invoice was sent to, in the History & Notes! We'll pop back to confirm it's been delivered in the next few months 😊

As Kelly mentioned in our last update, viewing the timestamp of history items on an invoice is a separate idea started across here. And, it looks like a separate idea has been raised for the last part of this original idea New invoicing | View contact address. Feel free to add your vote to those ✅ if they're changes you'd like to see.

11. In the Classic invoice system I am able to go to FILES, ADD TO NEW INVOICE and see the file I have attached. I can then add all the information to the invoice (it being an invoice generated on a different software, so I am actually importing an invoice to add to Xero). On the NEW INVOICE system I am unable to do this unless I add the customer name first! I don't know the customer name until I import the invoice from FILES then open it up and extract all the information I need. I don't want these going…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to use supplier account number as Payee reference when making Open Banking payments by direct bank transfer.

Currently the Supplier account number is not displayed anywhere.

It defaults the Payee reference to the Bill reference which is fine when paying single bills to a supplier. However, if I want to make a single payment to the supplier for multiple bills (group by Payee option), we would want to enter our Supplier Account number as the Payee reference. See attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We would like to see customers contact person's name appearing on the invoice we send. One customer can have different people/contacts for different projects/invoices. Currently we can only pull out the PRIMARY contact's name to the invoice, which means if we would like to add a different name, we have to REMERMBER to edit customer's primary contact to a different person. It is very time consuming and easy to forget too.
    Is there any ways we could simply add a contact person against each invoice instead of against each customer? It could be any extra fields we can use, even…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report - Inventory Item details to include columns for Item code and tracking, or Account transaction report to include Item code and quantity.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have found you are able to customise currency rates in Purchase Orders, Invoicing and Bills to pay, however you are unable to amend this in quotes.

Please allow to amend in all modules

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can Xero please bring back the function enabling the details to be printed with the Chart of Accounts. It was a feature when we converted to Xero, but is no longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a send remittance button once a payment is made via the new Direct Bank Transfer Feature.

I previousley made batch payments via Wise and once the payments went through there was a button to send remittances. This feature is not available when using the new Direct Bank Transfer option. You have to maunally send each remittance advice from the banking screen which is a poor use of time and there is the chance that a remittance advise will be missed or sent twice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What happend -
    I imported invoices with an invalid account number. When I went to review the imported invoices in draft, the new invoicing AI technology selected suggested account codes for me, almost to fast for me to notice the account code was blank

Why this is important -
    The "review draft invoices after import" step is critical in getting it right - I should be able to review exactly what I imported to see where the mistakes are. I can see this being an issue with integrations where invoices are imported via the API

What Xero can do - …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import the sales invoices to Xero with the PDFs being attached to the invoice automatically. I understand we can import sales invoices through CSV files but to provide relative documents to customers, we need to attach pdf manually. Would be great if this could be possible. This action can save time and possible error of attaching a wrong pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Find & Match: Pagination is not working properly when moving to "next" page of bills.

For example, when you scroll to the bottom of "Page 1" and then select "next" or "page 2" for example. The cursor remains at the bottom of the page.
    It should move to the top of the page.

Once you scroll to #50, #51 is the next logical bill to view, however it goes from #50 to #100 in the view, the user needs to scroll to the top of the page to view the next bill in sequence.

A small bug, but very annoying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?