Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1450 results found

1. After uploading or emailing files to Xero, have it perform some sort of OCR and create a transaction, or spend money or something. It's almost like opening a beer and not drinking it. Please Xero at least 'take a sip'. Just left MYOB ofter 10 years, this is automatic in MYOB! I think the idea here is to make the computers do more work and we do less......right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. when i filter through Payable invoice Report, it only allows to select groups containing but not excluding certain contact groups. i have only suppliers under no group, Euros & DD and i wish to exclude these within DD group to be excluded to avoid double paying them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When reviewing a VAT return documents, the ability to see the invoice without having to go in to bills to pay to find the invoice and review it was great. How about adding a next and previous button to the top of the screen when you left click on an invoice within the VAT return?

At the moment we have to click the x in the top right corner and then left click on the next invoice to review. when review large VAT return with many transactions you can get lost and end up clicking in to an invoice you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. User can allocate a Project from spend monies directly from the bank reconciliations, but cannot allocate received monies to a Project?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be really helpful if there was a way of adding a description/note to conversion balances. For example, if a creditor balance relates to a specific loan, it would be useful to be able to note this somewhere. Currently, reports only show 'conversion balance' as the description for the transaction and it isn't possible to add a description to the conversion journal. It makes it difficult to keep track of historic debtors and creditors and this information needs to be kept elsewhere, duplicating work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom reports- why there such a large gap of blank wasted space between the account names and the first column!! We create month x month reports ie 12 months of columns wide, so it is very frustrating when you create a PDF with all those columns on it and there is that great wasted space before the first column!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have been following a number of ideas, and it is apparent that some confusion often occurs when using the terminology 'Bills' and 'Invoices'.

Could we have the option within Xero for bills to be referred to as 'Supplier Invoices' or 'Purchase Invoices', and invoices referred to as 'Customer Invoices' or 'Sales Invoices' to avoid this confusion, as they are in every other accounts package I have used?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. in the old invoicing, you can create a new Client Expense on the fly. You cannot with the new invoicing page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When entering dates, can you please bring back the mouse scrolling function, where you could scroll down to go to the next month.
    Rather than now, we have to click the right button to go to next month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When users are reconciling quite often two mistakes are made frequently:

• Reconciling wages payable incorrectly to Wages and salaries (expense)
    • Reconciling super payable incorrectly to Superannuation (expense)

It would be great to have a checkbox similar to "Enable Payments" that says "Do not allow reconciliation to this account" so that when people search for wages/superannuation they can't get shown the incorrect option.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to have a remapping feature (similar to find and recode) but on a bulk stage. It is common that a business operation changes and the previous COA is no longer fit for purpose and updates are needed.

This can be done by having a feature that presents the COA with a current a proposed column. The proposed is automatically mapped to the current if no answer is added. In the proposed there is a drop down item that allows you to remap all historical transactions to a different account or remap.

Post remapping the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to see which contact has read an invoice when it's sent to multiple people

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The PayPal data feed imports dates from UTC, as is.

For example in Australia there is a fairly large window each day where transactions will be imported and appear to have occurred the day prior. For other timezones it's likely the opposite.

In my eyes this is an outright bug/lazy coding. The response I received from support tells me they are aware of the problem, but it's just a known quirk! They suggested adding a manual adjustment to fix the balance when required. Ugh, I would feel dirty doing that, lol.

Essentially the only place the PayPal feed is always…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I add a Task to a project I would like to add a Task Title trhen have a seperate section to Describe the task detail. At the moment there is insufficient space for this information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Finalise Year End
    Can we have an option (just like finalising the GST returns) where we can finalise the year, and then later on print a report with any changes made since? The lock dates are not the solution, because they can be unlocked and relocked and there is no detail of changes made.
    If we could "finalise" a year when the client has signed off accounts or tax returns, then if anyone inadvertently edits or changes coding we can see that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be really useful to have a report the same as the "Billable Expense Report - Outstanding" that shows the same info but for paid invoices, preferably with the ability to filter by invoice number or bill number

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to setup a 13 week budget (blocks of 4 weeks). We currently cannot utilise the budget function because there is only the ability to budget monthly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero should automatically recognise a Xero client account number in any bank transfer and allocate those funds to existing invoices in that client's account. This should either just occur automatically when a client payment matches the total on their statement, or alternatively, any payment should simply be allocated to the client's oldest invoices.

Currently, when customers pay us for invoices that we have sent them, we search for their name in the “Match” function during the bank feed reconciliation. We then select the invoice(s) that match each payment and reconcile these.

There are two major problems with this workflow:

1. We…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show mandate status and progress: In Sage one of the Customer fields is their mandate status. You can see when the mandate was sent, whether it has been submitted, is being processed, is now active or has been cancelled. These are crucial for us. We are finding it very hard to get even a couple of mandates set up due to the way that first invoices are processed (on their invoice date rather than as soon after as practical). Then we have no way of knowing whether a mandate has been sent or is being responded to. It's guesswork. In…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've noticed when an account gets a negative balance (such as an asset) that the balance sheet moves it to liabilities. I also noticed that, although I put "Other Income" at the end of the account list (with a account number of 7000) it still shows up in the income section. Proper accounting reports show "Other Income" and "Other Expense" at the bottom of the balance sheet. Additionally, if an asset account gets a negative balance for some reason it should NOT be moved to liabilities. Please fix this.

Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?