Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

241 results found

1. Email allocation to different tasks for Xero-I think it would be beneficial to be able to allocate a different email address for a number of tasks, ie Invoices / statements have one, another for quotes and suppliers ie bills. I have a client that doesn't wish to receive every email for every aspect of the business as its not part of her role. Do you think this would be possible?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Send or transfer files from the file library between organisations

We have multiple organisations and it is easy to get emails mixed up with files being sent to the wrong organisation. It would be super useful if files could be transferred from one organisation to another directly from the file library.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Invoice templates are editable, but bill templates are not.
    Would like to be able to add searchable fields to a bill without removing those that are already there.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is currently no record of changes to User registrations in the xero file. This is a failure of audit processes.
    A description for each user would be handy to identify the role of each person within the Organisation.
    A start and End date would allow for Temporary access arrangements.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get rid of this stupid MFA on EVERY sign in.
    It used to be monthly which was bad enough, now it is a constant pain having to use an authentication device just to get access to Xero. MFA is a complete waste of user time. My bank doesn't use it and I trust them not to lose my money, so why does accounting software need it?
    If the ATO insists on it with their stupid STP, then link it to STP and nothing else.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I send a paid invoice pdf to a customer I would like it to show the original currency and also the currency they paid in. I'd also like it to show the exchange rate of the payment, rather than the Xero calculated currency. At the moment this field isn't available in the docx merge fields.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We want to give access to reporting to one of our managers however we don't want them to be able to view all payroll information. Therefore I am looking for a function that can give access to all of Xero except anything to do with payroll so all nominal codes to do with wages would need to be invisible etc. Journals would another thing that needs to be hidden.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is really useful to know, thanks Josh - Though we don't have immediate plans for change around this, we really appreciate you sharing the detail of how you'd see this permissions working best for you. We'll keep an eye across this one here, and let you know if there are any updates.

8. Default invoice due date / contact due date can be set when integrated with other products that fed the invoices in. Currently it is overriden with due date from integrated system

Setting due date so we can clearly see what is overdue is an excellent feature and would help significantly with accounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When setting up a new Xero organisation, in Organisation Settings we are being asked for organisation type and registration number. it should be possible, especially for Limited Companies, to pull their details which are stored on statutory register via the API by reference to registration number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I believe being able to update all fields to show the word Estimate rather than Quote would be extremely beneficial. I have been able to update all except for the wording of Online Quote Link

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a folder is created in Files app, it appears on the left menu and the documents uploaded in the folder appears on the right side of the screen. When there is a long list of folders created, like I am doing with the client, the list goes below the screen and scrolling down option is only the main scroll of Xero that moves the list of folders and the document display screen together. So, checking a document from the folder at the end of the list requires to scroll down at the end, find the folder and select it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please enable the Microsoft Word function SKIPIF for use in docx invoice templates. Currently, we can use the "IF" function in customized invoices to skip item records according to its ItemCode, but as noted by another user in the Microsoft Office discussion, a blank row will still appear for records that meet the filter test. Read a detailed discussion of the issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/microsoft-word-mergefield-code-to-skip-certain/3414ecba-e0c9-46aa-90bb-b5a205d25f5a?page=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, it’s not possible to assign a invoice only-Purchases (orders and bills) user permission and not be able to see bills paid or to have the Invoice Only create drafts user role and see purchase orders approved by other users. Can you include this option in Xero?

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If I need to make changes to the invoice settings from within the invoice page, there's no way to access the settings. In fact, it was pretty hard to find the invoice settings at all! Please put a direct link from the Invoice summary page to the Invoice Settings. (I agree with another suggestion that access to Invoice Settings should be controlled by role type).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good to hear you've an existing idea you'd like to support too around access to settings, Natalie. Currently only the Standard or Advisor roles will have access to Invoice Settings - more on this here

When it comes to accessing Invoice Settings from sales, while it's not available from the list view of invoices, you'll find if you have the right role you can jump across from an individual invoice by clicking the 3 dots in the top right of the page - see my pic below. 

Does this accomplish what you're after here? 

15. Ability to only give new users quote access only.

Purpose: Having more options when giving someone else access to Xero org.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exchange Rate - Allow more than 6 decimal places.

For conversions from smaller currencies (e.g. 1 KRW = 0.00071 USD), users need the ability to place more than 6 decimal places in order to get the exact currency conversion for the transaction. QuickBooks allows this so I don't see why Xero can't implement it as well.

Xero Central suggested that I make adjustment entries in my Realised Currency Gains account and I find it ridiculous to have to do it than just being allowed to input exact numbers in my original transactions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make available to the DocX template a field containing the Template Name, so that its easier to identify which DocX template is being used.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to set default reporting options (default to show account numbers, specify no. of results per page, your own date preferences), along with favourited reports - but have it linked to your Xero user profile rather than the client's file.

I work on multiple files a day and don't want to change their file settings - but manually changing to my preferred reports every time the page refreshes is exhausting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is a significant risk to accuracy allowing the ability to edit an approved invoice without further approval from a higher access tier to what is already provided.

We have experienced a number of clients sending out the invoices to their clients and then editing the invoices, resulting in differences between the original invoice and that on the system. There is no real audit detail either.

Therefore, the request is to consider introducing an additional access level restricting the editing / amending of documentation after approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?