Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

241 results found

1. Exchange Rate - Allow more than 6 decimal places.

For conversions from smaller currencies (e.g. 1 KRW = 0.00071 USD), users need the ability to place more than 6 decimal places in order to get the exact currency conversion for the transaction. QuickBooks allows this so I don't see why Xero can't implement it as well.

Xero Central suggested that I make adjustment entries in my Realised Currency Gains account and I find it ridiculous to have to do it than just being allowed to input exact numbers in my original transactions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to set default reporting options (default to show account numbers, specify no. of results per page, your own date preferences), along with favourited reports - but have it linked to your Xero user profile rather than the client's file.

I work on multiple files a day and don't want to change their file settings - but manually changing to my preferred reports every time the page refreshes is exhausting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a significant risk to accuracy allowing the ability to edit an approved invoice without further approval from a higher access tier to what is already provided.

We have experienced a number of clients sending out the invoices to their clients and then editing the invoices, resulting in differences between the original invoice and that on the system. There is no real audit detail either.

Therefore, the request is to consider introducing an additional access level restricting the editing / amending of documentation after approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using the back arrow or clicking on the x - can we have a message to say...

Leaving the Page? Changes you have made may not be saved. Leave / Cancel.

This is to omit leaving a page without saving your work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lock Dates - Multiple Lock Dates.

Currently there are two options: "Stop all users (except advisers) making changes on and before" and "Stop all users making changes on and before".
    It would be great to have an option where two dates can be entered without one overriding the other.

Here is my issue:

I have been trying to put lock dates for different purposes.
    i.e. I want to stop ALL users (including advisors) from making changes on or before 31 March 2022, but I also want all users EXCEPT advisors to not make changes on or before 31 March 2023.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reports: Bank Summary Report
    The recent shift to new reports has not considered the Bank Summary Report. It is an important report in the sense that it tracks movements and balances for all the banks.
    Please consider creating the Bank Summary report in the new format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be good to be able to clearly identify accounting practice users on a clients xero platform. All they see is name and email and it would be good if the accounting firms name was somehow shown to give clients comfort especially where firms outsource work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have a UK based client who have a presentational and functional currency in USD. There is no possibility of setting up this company correctly on Xero, as Xero only lets UK organisations use the base currency on GBP to link easily to taxonomy.

It would be very helpful if this could be set up.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, when you say presentational and functional currency is USD - does the organisation pay taxes in the US? If so it would be recommended that you pick US when setting up the org. 

Alternatively, if US is one of the currencies that the org regularly deals and transacts in but pays taxes in the UK it would be recommended that you select UK and the client is on an org that includes multi-currency in it's plan. 

We appreciate customers would like to see more capability with currency in Xero - most recently we have added the ability to run the newer Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org uses.  

10. It is far more common place and practical to set a give day of the week to send payment batches. I would assume that most businesses are not firing off payments every day of the week for every individual invoice (ie based on x number of days after invoice/bill date).

That being said, I also believe it is far less common to be offering or to be offered payment terms of old (ie x days after EOM).

It is and has been common place in our industry for more than 20 years, that suppliers provide payments terms of x days…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is a role setup for Invoices Only (Purchases). This is useful if you want to have a User process Accounts Payable Invoices, but without providing access to Sales Invoices.

However, if you login with this role, you can see 'All Contacts' as well as the list of all 'Customers' and the billing amounts outstanding. Surely this is inappropriate if the role is for Invoices Only (Purchases)?

The suggestion is that a user with the role 'Invoices Only (Purchases) can see Supplier contacts, but cannot view Customer contacts (which is really what most people would expect if this role is…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would it be possible to create a bill from within the files tab, into a new tab. When you click create bill from within the file tab, it allows you to create the bill but once you click save, it just shows you the created bill. You then have to go back to the files tab and re-find the next file you want to create as a bill. Would be much easier if you could right click and create the bill within a new tab, so that the file tab stays open at all times.

Thank you!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restricting the Invoice only access so only the contact name can been seen but no further financial information can be seen

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to give a user the 'Invoice only (sales)' permissions but do not want them to view invoices created by other users or ANY sales figures such as 'total awaiting payment' or 'total overdue'.

It would be incredibly useful to have tick box options for main permissions when setting up a new Invoice Only user. These permissions should include:
    - View sales totals
    - Approve invoices
    - View invoices created by other users
    - View Invoices awaiting payment tab

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to completely remove from the My Xero homepage cancelled Xero organisations. Currently, you can list no fewer than 10 items per page, so if you have say 4 active organisations and 6 cancelled organisations, you are 'forced' to look at the list of cancelled organisations every time you log in, even if the entities have long been deregistered and there is no chance that you will resubscribe to them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To lock future dates to avoid invoices being captured in the incorrect month or year. Or to show a warning when the invoice is posted to make the user aware that the invoice is post dated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The date format for South Africa is incorrect. We use a day month year format, not the American month day year format. Surely Xero can change this so its adaptable for each country and preference? Its not asking a lot of work to have that additional option. But can cause a huge issue when its not what we work with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the option to change the Avatar/ coloured circle with initial in email inbox, to a business logo when emails are sent from Xero on behalf of the business. I.e when sending out invoices and quotes through the Xero app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a particular client where we use tracking categories. We have set up a tracking category called jobs so hours and expenses can be allocated to these jobs. However, errors occur, and it would be great to be able to reallocate find and recode just like you can do with other times to move those hours or expense from one job to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?