Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

241 results found

1. i need tracking categories for bank accounts - my client has three different branches within the organisation and all have their own bank account. i have managed to create tracking categories for income and expenses but Xero hasnt provided the function for bank accounts. So when drawing the Financials the bank accounts dont reflect with each relevant branch. Is there a way that this function could be created/considered or has anyone have any recommendations on how to bypass this problem?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate seeking options from your community here too.

Trying to think into this one - when you draw funds these statement lines would be reconciled to an equity account in the business? In theory the Tracking would be recorded when the item is reconciled to this account ? 

Please do let me know more detail if there's something I'm missing in here? 

2. Add CNH.

Ability to add CNH currency which is offshore RMB traded outside of China.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for rounding back, Scott. I’ve changed your idea slightly here, so it’s sounded more CNH currency instead of bank feeds. This is because, before bank feeds for CNH can be implemented, CNH currency needs to be enabled first. 

In saying that, we’ll keep an eye on this idea to gauge the interest from the community here :)

3. I use the P&L report (a custom one) a lot and regularly compare the current period I'm analysing to the same period the previous year. I have set this as the default in my custom report.

However, it's frustrating that as soon as you change the date you're analysing, Xero changes the comparison period back to the previous month or previous quarter etc. I want it to stick to my default of the equivalent period the previous year but I'm told this is not currently possible by Xero support so here I am!

The only way to resolve this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like clients who prepare their own BAS to be able to lock periods - as this is good practice for obvious reasons. Currently if they are a Standard user they are not able to access this area to lock periods. If I make them an Advisor they have access to unlocking prior years and make changes (been there done that - never again).
    Please have the option to give standard users the ability to lock periods (i.e. the first lock period date, but not the second date), or provide a solution to address the above issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Invoice branding is only possible using Microsoft. Would it be possible to make this happen using Google OS also?
    I know there are hundreds of millions of Google users worldwide many of which will be Xero users since your software is excellent software.

Thanks for listening.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. At the moment the Page number function and number of Pages function kill the statement and Quote Templates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Every now and again we have an issue in a client account with someone's User Role being altered without notification.
    I can't figure out if the client is in there making changes without really knowing what they are doing, or if Xero is having a weird glitch.
    (the latter seems unlikely)
    It would be nice if we could pin point who was doing it so we could explain the hassle they are creating!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we have one more category of user role in Xero (A user role with Ability for only to create all possible drafts + View reports)?

This kind of user role can help to minimise recording errors when any transaction (Quotation, Invoice, Bill, expenses, transfer, receive and spend money) can have two steps approval. It can provide more verification flexibility /security for the business which managed by more than one person as well.

View reports can help the initiator to check the effect of the transaction after approval.

We are looking for your kind consideration.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to identify which Xero files staff members who leave the firm have direct access to the client Xero file as opposed to being granted access from a firm level. This way, before you delete the user from Xero HQ/Blue you can check to see if any clients need to be contacted to update to invite the firm rather than a specific employee.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With in the Invoice Only User - Sales (Quoting & Invoicing) the user can still view all of your suppliers and the amounts you owe them via the contacts tab. If you want to give someone access to raise and sent sales invoices then they shouldn't be able to see all of your suppliers and especially shouldn't be able to see what you owe each of them!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adele, thanks for raising this with us here. Our team are working on a change to Contacts list for Invoice Only roles. When released this will change the view for users with an Invoice Only role dependent on the level of access. 

Invoice Only Draft will no longer see the I Owe and They Owe columns, Invoice Only (Sales) will only see They Owe, and Invoice Only (Purchases) will only see You Owe. This'll also apply to sorting on the page. 

I'll round back to confirm once it's been released. 

11. To be able to search the Tracking Categories on the set up page. Also to have a duplicate warning would be very helpful.

This search function would stop a Tracking number/ name, being entered twice. The list for us is very long!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can i request for lock period for specify period such as

Tick   Lock./ untick lock

Jan23 /
    Feb23. /
    Mar23
    Apr23. /
    May23. /
    Onwardj

Existing lock practise lock until mar23.
    If i want to do amendment on feb23, i need to unlock mar23 and feb23, then i can do amendment on feb23.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi Xero.
    Currently, User's with Invoice Only Access can only approve invoices and bills. However they are unable to remove a payment (or part thereof) from an invoice.

This is a problem if the User accepts a payment, then realises that there is an error on the invoice, as they are then unable to remove the amount and fix the invoice.
    It would be great if these User's could have this ability without having access to the business bank accounts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now it’s not possible to have users automatically assigned to tracking categories.

We are investigating the tracking scenario, but it looks like additional work having to go into making sure each user remembers to add the relevant codes/tracking categories each time they raise a new quote/invoice/PO.

Is there a way to set this up so that Xero can automatically identify that a user belongs to a particular department (e.g. Sales / Accounts ) and the relevant tracking codes will be applied? Similar to how when we set up a new contact on Xero with particular defaults (re. currency or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When sending tax payment letters out via email it would be great to get an email if the address used is invalid. Like a bounce-back when you send an email from your usual email program. At the moment you have no idea if the client received the tax payment letter at all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love to be able to adjust background colors and font colors. I find working for several hours in Xero leaves me with eye fatigue and headaches.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we keep a track on changes to Tracking Categories

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We use Xero for our Bookkeeping business & would like to invite clients to view only the information pertaining to their individual business records. Right now, anyone who logs in can see every other client’s information, as well as their own.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good if ''xero bills'' would send a failed upload notification message back to the email that it was sent from if the upload had failed. This would mean that you would know what upload had failed and issue that caused it to fail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To be able to filter the History and notes - by the date that the changes were made on something specific and not the date of the original transactions.

This would be helpful if the Annual Financials have been finalized, and a change has been made after the fact.

For example: You want to know when the changes toward the 2022 tax year were made, towards the advertising account transactions since a specific date i.e. a date after the financials have already been finalized.

or

All bills that were processed after a specific date and not necessarily the date of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?