For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. Hi guys,

It would be great if we could get reminders for customers and suppliers birthdays, this is great for customer relations. Also a reminder for certain documents that might expire at a certain time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Under the previous Contact view, there was a book icon to show if there was an attachment to a bill. Now there is an icon to allow copy bill to draft bill. I can't imagine any time I would use this, but value being able to see if a bill has an attachment. I have to open the bill now to find if there is an attachment or go back to the Purchases section and create a report there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When going into a contact in the web version oif Xero the paid and unpaid invoices/bills are listed in date order with the newest first. This is not the case in the Android App version and it is really annoying having to scroll through (in one case) 200 invoices to get to the most recent.

Can the App versions please go newest first like the web version..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How many times have we received a payment from a customer and not known which invoices they have paid? Or followed up an outstanding invoice that they have listed as paid in their system?

It would be great to have a button to request remittance advice from a customer for a particular deposit. We have a list of customers for many of our clients where we manually send these requests via email. It is time-consuming and inefficient, though it would be great to have the automation of sending the request straight out of Xero from the Bank Rec screen!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When generating a quote or invoice, we've noticed that the [Customer First Name] placeholder doesn't work if we haven't added the customer as a contact beforehand. This process is time-consuming, especially when creating a new quote. Is there a way to customize the quote/invoice creation process so we can include the customer's details, like their first name, without having to create a separate contact?

Please, this will really increase productivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bovi, trying to understand your idea here. When you say you'd like to include the customer name without adding the contact. Is this for a 1 time customer? 

When using new invoicing you can add a new contact while you add the invoice?

6. Would it be possible to create a contact who is a "sub contact" of an existing contact. For example we perform work for a strata management company. Every invoice is made out to [name of strata company] but the contact details, email address and physical address are all the same - that of the management company. I would love to create [strata management company] as the main contact with all the strata "divisions" they manage below them without having to create a new contact for every single new building. What are my chances?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate where you're coming from with this idea, Kirsty. 

Right now you could create a Contact Group, and have each related contact assigned to that contact group. Get what you're saying with the efficiency when having most of the same details - for now perhaps importing via csv would help create these in less time. 

We also have an idea for the ability to copy a contact, and another for contact group statements that you might like to join and follow. 

We'll start to get a feel of the interest for this type of feature here, and I'll let you know if there's any change planned. 

7. Report listing all customers including contact details, credit terms and credit limits

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sorting bills or invoices under contacts by bill/invoice number or date or due date or reference, etc., Previously I believe that this was possible, now the only column is date and that's pretty annoying when looking for a particular bill number, etc.,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When looking at a customer's account in Contacts, there should be a spot in the invoices due that shows clearly if there is an unallocated overpayment, prepayment or Credit at a glance.

There also needs to be a better report just for unallocated Prepayments, Credits and Overpayments.

I find the Receivable Invoice Summary isn't wait I'm looking for as it doesn't fulfil the job required.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please include the Sales Tax Exemption field as a column in the Contact csv template/import.

The new auto tax feature appears to utilize this field, and having to go to each contact through Xero, one at a time, to edit and update this field is very time consuming. Too many clicks to update a field for every customer contact a client has.

Tax affects all customers. It would be beneficial when rolling out new features such as this to consider what needs to be done to make such a feature truly work and be efficient. The ability to do mass…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Needs 'Are you sure' pop up for Deleting Contact Files

Its too easy to accidentally delete a file attached to a Contact. Needs to be an 'Are you sure you want to delete ...' pop up when deleting.
    Especially as it also doesn't populate in the history/notes section that anything has been deleted.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When adding a new contact if you use account numbers (which is important to use as a primary key for records) it would be really good if a autogenerated number was assigned as a default (like it does with an invoice number etc.). Currently you have to remember/check what the last account number you've used was.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, we appreciate this idea has picked up a good amount of interest. This has all been shared with and considered by our product teams.

As the Contacts screen interacts with many other parts of Xero, this work can not commence until the modernisation of other, related systems is complete.

Due to this, we do not expect account numbers to be automatically generated for contacts to be delivered in the coming short-term.

In the meantime however, we're keen to continue collecting feedback and votes on this idea, and we will provide an update here when there's more details to share.

13. To be able to add more than 5 email addresses in a client so that you can email the invoice out to more that 5 people at a time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bank Reconciliation suggestions. The ability for Xero to identify a name within a customer contact and match it to the name on the bank feed and suggest this as a match. for example John Smith is the contact for ABC pty ltd. when he makes payment he only references John Smith. Xero will recognise John smith is a contact for ABC pty ltd and suggest their invoice in the bank rec.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now, we see average days we pay or receive payment. It would be good if we can have another row that shows us the payment terms we have with the contact so we can benchmark against performance that way. The data is already in Xero, just need to show it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When merging customers xero currently completes the merge and then displays the profile that has been moved which typically (for me) contains no customer data. Is it possible to instead display the profile that the customer has been merged to which shows all the existing customer data. Usually I am completing a merge and then having to go in and search for the customer name again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The facility to export statements to CSV files has been removed
    We need this option back!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I can see multiple suggestions and several thread over a number of years regarding the need for an SMS feature for both customer communication and invoicing. When are you going to add this? The tech is readily available to you. Many other platforms offer this now. Please prioritize this enhancement! Thanks.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I Also, when will we get the stop function in Xero? I've been asking Xero for 6 years. I know you can restrict invoices by credit limit but, customers could be well under their limit but overdue in paying. A stop function is critical to any accounting system.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better documentation for BankAccountNumber needed.

The documentation for importing contacts is not clear, specifically how to include banking details.

First time users, such as myself, could be greatly assisted if the documentation for the BankAccountNumber was described as <bsb><space><account number>.

I did a large number of documentation and Google searches before it clicked that the BSB and account number are both specified in the BankAccountNumber field. This is not obvious.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?