For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

237 results found

1. Customer lifetime value report.

I would like to see date fields that you complete when you onboard and archive a new customer. Then it would be easy to work out the average lifetime value of your customers (CLV) using the “income and expenses by contact” or other report.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, I will be looking after the credit control activity of the organisation I recently joined. After looking at the portal, I think it would be useful to be able to create alerts for specific schools, for specific dates, reminding me I need to contact them on those days and be able to switch reminders, on or off, with the opportunity to select the dates (ex if invoice not paid by ... the reminders will switch back on automatically on on the date I set up). Do you think this functions can be implemented presuming it would be useful to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Samantha. There are a lot of different types of alerts and notifications that our customers would like to see Xero develop. 

When you mention credit control I wanted to highlight Credit limits that can be set for a contact and may be of some use to you here. 

There is also the ability to set Invoice Reminders for when invoices are overdue and you may want to set up for contacts. 

We don't have other alerts or warnings planned at this stage but will begin to get a sense of the interest for your idea here. 

3. It would be productive to see if a contact is registered for CIS/verified and their status on the contact account page - where the group info is listed.
    Otherwise the only way you can see this info is by clicking edit the contact. And include a signal/sign on the contacts page next to each CIS registered contact so that they can be identified easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why does the screen on each contact not show an aged breakdown at a glance like it does in Sage 50 accounts? Sometimes I only want to look at that particular supplier/customer to see what we owe them by month without having to go to the reports screen. Also why does it not list payments on account in the top part of the screen. It is so confusing to work out what is due and what isn't. Awful set up

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As an employee, I receive an email every time a leave request was approved.
    My boss receives an email every time a leave request is submitted and every time a timesheet is submitted.
    It would be great to disable these email notifications

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. customer report that lists all the contact details plus their billing information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When entering multiple contacts, it would be good to have the option to "save and create new contact" as well as the "Cancel" and "Save and Close" option after entering the information. Currently you have to press Save and Close, go back to Contacts, then select New Contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Changes to Xero that have not improved the program

How do I upload files from Xero Files (documents scanned to Xero etc) to my client it no longer allows this - previously you could access either Xerol Files or your own files from your drive - am I missing something ? Also you can no longer just print invoices you have to download them _ why this is a total pain - the joy of Xero was always click and print or email ??? Please put it back many thanks Kate Milne long time user and Xero fan!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

10. PRIMARY & SECONDARY/OTHER CONTACTS

Thanks Grace - it would be great rather than editing and reentering information if there was a field titled "Primary Contact" and Secondary Contact for eg where we could just update that field using a drop-down box as opposed to re-entering customer information. It would definitely save a lot of time. Maybe something to add in the future?

PROCESS
    I wanted to confirm that if I follow your instructions where I have 2 parties for eg Primary Contact = Grace Wife and other contact = Tom = Grace's Husband. If I wanted to make Tom =…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to have the ability to search on a customers account for individual products that have been previously sold to them? We have customers that purchase various products from us and sometimes it will be months between each purchase. I have to open every invoice to see if the item is on there. Even if there was an update on the Products & Services page to list the products sold to each customer, I think it would help.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently there are a couple of options for some here such as using Smart Lists to run a search to view all customers that have bought a certain item within a period.  

Alternatively, you can run Inventory Item Details or Receivable Invoice Details reports could be useful where you can filter by a specific contact, item and/or description to understand what items and quantities of those items that have been bought by a contact with the in the timeframe of the report. 

However if you'd like to see this option direct within the contact record, add your support to the idea here and we'll get a better sense of overall interest. 🙂

12. Hi, It would be great if one could distinguish/split in the contacts files upload between permanent (etc customer registration, Credit application) and annual etc(statements) documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to import credit limits along with contact information in the normal import template, particularly when converting your accounting system to Xero.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I am manually entering a contact bank account number, I find it disconcerting to be warned to enter the bank account number after I leave the BSB code field. But I HAVE to leave the BSB code field in order to move to the Bank account number field! Leaving the BSB field is not a mistake!
    I think the warning would be better triggered if you attempt to click on 'Save & close' without completing both fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The "View recent bills report" functionality on a Contact page has changed since the new reporting was deployed this week. Previously, if you clicked on the link you would see a nice list of all approved bills for that vendor whether paid or not. This functionality has now changed and is effectively useless. Yes, you can get the same info by going into Business/bills to pay but that it is more clunky. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be extremely helpful to be able to assign a range of default settings to either individual contacts, or to contact groups, such as:
    - invoice template
    - billing cycle (((would also be great to get variable billing cycles as a feature!))
    - currency

we have a fair amount of customer hierarchy, which we've been able to somewhat address with contact groups.. but the fundamental lack of configurable options after the group is designated feels hugely wasted.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to add email signature with company logos to all emails sent to clients.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can Xero software be configured to automatically wish staff Happy birthday ?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Moses, not something we have plans for atm but to better understand where you'd like this notification to be triggered from - Would this be to auto send a happy birthday to staff that have been invited in as 'user' in the organisation, or just where they're an employee via Xero Payroll? Thanks 

19. I am on a customer page and it shows that they currently owe for two open invoices. I would like to be able to click on the button Open Invoices and have the option to receive payment for those open invoices without having to leave the customer page. Currently I have to go to 1. Business 2. invoices 3. Awaiting Payment 4. Scroll through ALL open invoices (no filter even?), 5. Select the invoices I want to receive payment on 6. Select Deposit. Why not just go straight to the customer's open invoices and receive payment?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Where can I attach contact related documents vs financial related documents, as it appears there is only one document file upload location now. When there were options to keep these separate previously. It is all very well making updates and changes to the system in order for things to be quicker and more efficient but when this means, loosing previously used facilities, this is very frustrating. Keeping these different related documents apart has been very important previously and so now these all being stored together will mean things our end take longer and are less efficient for the end user.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?