Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4117 results found

1. Introduce the ability on the Xero Mobile app to switch between "organisations" in the context menu of the operating system.

I have 4 different Xero entities that I need to upload receipts to, and to have to go into the app each time change the organisation before I can upload is time consuming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. At the moment this isn't an available feature, and HMRCs basic PAYE tools need to be used. It would be good to see this as an option in Xero.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  34 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am a bookkeeper working full time on Xero for various clients. I have a couple of major irritations that I'm sure others have, and it would be awesome if they could be fixed *literally begs

1. When I perform a task, and I hit save/update/cancel/whatever to complete it, I'd like to go back to the page I started from please, not get kicked out to somewhere completely different. For example, if I go to a Contact, and need to edit a Spend Money transaction (to add a bill reference number for example), I don't want to hit Update and find…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jacqui! Thanks for sharing your ideas 😊

We try to keep it to one suggestion per Product Idea, so I've updated your title to reflect the first suggestion in your post. 

With your second suggestion, I've found this similar idea that you might like to vote on. If not, feel free to create a seperate post for your spend money idea! 

4. export report, GL - kindly include the attached document together when export out. so we don not need save another document in our server. every doc can view via xero software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We get funding to pay for staffing overtime. Would be great if we could create a specific overtime to come out of this funding pot. Then we'd be able to see how the funding has been spent and provide evidence that we've used the money for extra staffing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Overall Cash Balance widget for Xero Dashboard. I actually love the Overall Cash Balance widget for the app. Can we have that as an option for the Xero Dashboard for the web version as well? It's handy to be able to log in and instantly see the total cash for my business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. from country singapore

1. depreciation schedule present by monthly - can show each month depreciation
    2. inventory xero function - not good for SG country
    3. export report, GL - kindly include the attached document together when export out. so we don not need save another document in our server. every doc can view via xero software.
    4. phone apps - xero - not much thing can do. just for upload purpose. not good enuf. at the end we still need use laptop to do the job.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Wendy, thanks for sharing your feedback here. So that other users can understand your idea and vote for it, it's better to keep to one suggestion per product idea. It also helps us accurately gauge interest in specific ideas to share with the right product teams for prioritisation.

We'll leave this idea as "Depreciation schedule report - break down by month" and I've created a new idea for your 3rd point, and added your vote to it.

For points 2 and 4 we need more detail to understand specifically what is lacking in inventory and the phone apps. Would you please be able to see if any other ideas already exist for the features you'd like to see, and vote for them. If they don't already exist, create a new idea per request 😊

8. Revert an approved invoice that's not been sent back to a draft. Especially helpful if accidentally approved.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. REPORT -From the contact - Bills "Approved & Paid & the "Supplier Bill Activity" Reports would benefit from adding the account code/name

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, when you invite a brand new user to Xero who has never used Xero before:
    1) on first log in you need to register for Xero & set password
    2) on second log in, it asks you to set up multi-factor authentication (MFA)

It would be great if MFA could all be set up in the first log in as it creates confusion for the new user on the second log in. Its also easier for accountants when helping clients to set up new log ins if it could all be done at once, rather than Register > log…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Association of International Accountants - AIA should be added into accountants report section of statutory accounts.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need to upload an Approval Matrix/Approval hierarchy with a scope depending on "Location" and "Total amount" with 2 levels of approvers for "Expense claims" (EC) & "Purchase Orders" (PO).
    With that, we are looking for automation on sending the EC & PO automatically by the system to the correspondent Approver depending on the scope through email.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea, Micaela. Expenses and Purchase Orders are quite different transactions types in Xero. 

We try to keep one idea per thread here so we can get a true view of the interest for that specific functionality. I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea to represent Expense Claims but welcome you to start another for Purchase Orders specifically where we can track that too 🙂

13. Thank you for adding the ability to show both invoicing and delivery addresses on an invoice.

Please may you add the same functionality to the quotes? And as a follow on, if this option is selected at the quote stage, continue this onto the invoice as well when it is created.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once the bank feed(s) have been refreshed, have a pop up confirming that. In the past, I assumed it was completed after the refresh circulating icon had finished only to discover this was not the case as there was actually an issue with my bank and Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In Projects I would like the option to create a quote, track and invoice my client where the charge is per "session" Currently Tasks are either fixed price (which does not allow me to quote for a quantity of the same item over the course fo the project) or they are hourly based and my client does not wish the time spent to be shown on the quote or invoice. My situation is that for example my client approves 40 weekly sessions over the course of a year at £250 per session. Neither I nor my client wishes to show…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to use other languages (apart from english) in Xero.

Purpose: To make Xero can be more user friendly to people who speak and use other languages.

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. On the notes section to the financial reports in adviser reports templated under the groups, I would like the accounts selected to be in alphabetical order. At the moment the only option is to manually drag and drop - with a large number of accounts this is extremely time consuming. An automated function would assist.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need the ability to resize Columns in reports. For example, the Depreciation Schedule the Method has a large blank space after it, whilst the Name (of the asset) is short so most are over two lines. Being able to decrease the size of the Method column (which will only have DV, CP, Full in it) and increasing the size of the Name column will make the schedule shorter and easier to read.
    Also, in the Account Transactions/General Ledger Detail report, being able to increase the size of the Description column will make more readable as especially where the description has…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be really helpful to be able to add a note/comment next to contact email addresses. Such as "Use if sending a remittance", "Only use for purchase orders" or "Business owner - only email if urgent". These comments could sit under or beside the email address in the contact's edit section so that it doesn't crowd the side bar of information. That way we don't annoy the customer by sending some emails to the wrong account and we also don't need to keep sticky notes for such specific customer details for each of our many clients.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be very helpful if there were the ability to set up Reminders in Xero Payroll for certain dates such as birthdays and apprenticeship anniversaries so that you would know to change the employee's Pay Rate accordingly.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  24 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?