Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4117 results found

1. I forward invoices to Bills via the email feature.
    I then batch process these at regular intervals.
    There could be 50 to 100 bills here.
    I have set default purchase contacts for all these contacts yet none of these drafts use that until I go into the bill for manual approval.
    This wastes a lot of time as I have to go through each bill 1 by 1.

Allow me to bulk edit the accounts on Draft Bills and / or use the default account setting for that contact.

This simple change would save me hours and I would get…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When posting a payment for an invoice in USD $ (standard UK currency GBP) the payment asks for a FX Rate on the old invoicing you could see the FX rate - but on the new invoicing you cannot. It would be good to see the FX rate rather than having to add another step and go to xe.com to get a rate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you invite an employee to xero me for the purpose of submitting their timesheet, there is a drop down menu for the payrate. In this drop down, it shows 'Self' payrate (the payrate of the person submitting the time sheet) and also 'Team' payrate, a list of all the different payrates of the company. Why would you want an employee to be able to see the different payrates of the team?

This seems like a flaw in the system to me and an employee should only be able to see the payrate that applies to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 bank transactions to match 4 bills in reconciliation not using overpayments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An updated, functional VAT reconciliation report.

The existing VAT reconciliation report isn't particularly useful. It has to be populated manually and the figures that do populate automatically can't be drilled down into. Not helpful.

VAT reconciliation aren't really a problem for us as we can use the Detailed Account Transactions report to identify the transactions posted directly to the VAT account i.e. transactions that have a category of VAT, whether it be a VAT payment, VAT on imports or just simply a miscoding by the client. Essentially it highlights those transactions that will affect the VAT ledger balance but won't…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The Payroll Journal dates are currently fixed to be the Pay Date, which is incorrect for any business that has hourly paid employees which must pay after end of month, when all hours are calculated.

Every month all of our P&L figures are wrong because of this. Nobody wants to have to waste time doing loads of manual journals every month, which have the potential for mistakes, when Xero has created a system which is supposed to automate this process.

Others have raised it but Xero never replied, see link at the bottom below.

The solution is:

Create "Payroll Journal…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. UK Payroll - it would be handy to be able to mark P32 amounts due as paid or dealt with. Just helps to visual see where you are in the list of reports and keep on top of due payments.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. During the creation process, we should be allowed to update all fields necessary on the Contact record.

Example I have at the moment is one of my customers needs to set their clients details within Xero so they can invoice them correctly. At the moment we can't use the API to set the Website field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to have an option to automatically update purchase price on the item when users buy the same new items.

Purpose: To save time from having to manually update each item price when there’s a different price on the same new items.

140 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and emphasis on the bills side of things for the idea here. I've made sure this is shared with our team in this space.

Bills is an area we're continuing to develop with building on beautiful and I'll be sure to let you know here if there's any consideration made to change behaviour of this through the bills add and edit flow.

10. VAT 126 - small local authorities can reclaim all VAT. To do so they need to submit a 126 schedule, which is not currently available within Xero. The problem is that the supplier's VAT number cannot be included in transaction reports.
    The ability to produce the VAT 126 schedule would make Xero a very good option for the many parish and small town councils.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When editing an item and after filling the cost price if TAB is pressed the highlighted field is the "Purchase account" but it's "closed".

To input any character the space bar needs to be pressed and then search is available.

I suggest that the search should be immediately available as it will not cause any issue if we want to leave it as is and continue to the next field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On Business->Products and Services, when searching for a product code, if there's a space before or after it does not find the product.

This is quite annoying when copy pasting from other files that sometimes bring a white space.

It's an easy fix that will help a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We would like to be able to capture non-financial (eg head count) and statistical numbers (eg Order Book) in Xero and add it into Xero reports alongside the existing financial information for management reporting
    Currently it seems that accounts that are added automatically appear in the Chart Of Accounts.
    Could another Account Type be created that allows memo accounts to be created outside the CoA?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Australian Payroll - sick leave on payslip - want to show balance without accrual in the payrun, and to be able to do this after employment has commenced. Currently this is only possible if you allocate the full balance to employee's at the start of the employment. Historically this has not been done and it needs to be changed to avoid staff confusion and having to reset the leave each payrun.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of (or just hide) "Tracking Transfers" when printing PDFs of manual journals. Seeing descriptions are more important than the background tracking.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability for the employee in Xero Me. to be able to create a timesheet template so that they don't have to complete the start, finish and break times for every day every pay period.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community 🙋
    Thanks for starting this idea! Did you see last week that our Product Team released an update that helps speed things up on Xero Me Mobile? They’ve enabled the ability to copy previous time entries in start-end timesheets on a per day basis. To do this, enter your time entries as usual for the first day in your timesheet, and then select the “copy from [date]” option when adding a new time entry for a consecutive day.
    The team are interested in further exploring improvements in this area, but at this stage there are no firm plans to progress this idea. They’ve got their eyes on the ground though - closely monitoring your ideas, votes and comments.

17. It would be great if there was a function to add a template including a business logo for the monthly subcontractor CIS payment certificates - like the invoicing templates.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a filter to Purchase Overview, Bills, to filter out Archived Supplier / Contacts.
    Generally not necessary to keep seeing bills for old achived suppliers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently the Item Summary report when grouped by Sales Account, groups by the sales account listed on the individual inventory items. If like us, you sell inventory across different revenue accounts i.e. product lines, then it does become a bit frustrating not being able to group the sales of inventory based on the revenue account the transaction was recorded against.

The Inventory Item Details report does use the transaction account when grouping in contrast to the summary report which feels odd.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have lots of Custom Reports, more than can be made into Favourites. Can you please add Custom Reports to the Accounting menu to enable direct access to this report area? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're re-opening this idea. Although it's possible to favourite reports to add them to the Accounting menu, there is a limit to the number of reports that can be favourited. This idea is to have a separate item in the menu specifically for Custom reports - not something we have plans for at this stage but we'll gauge the interest from users of this here. 

• Don't see your idea?