Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1352 results found

1. I occasionally log in on mobile to reconcile my bank feeds, via my browser (Firefox, but the problem existed on Chrome as well when I used that). Whenever you reconcile a payment and the auto-focus moves to the next payment, if there's not an invoice suggestion for the amount, the page zooms directly to entering 'Name of the contact' taking up the whole screen. You have to then pinch the whole view repeatedly to zoom out enough to see the option for 'Find & Match'.
    Why would manually entering a name be the default, and not 'Find & Match'? I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. existing threshold for Xero fixed assets is 500 - increase this to 5,000 to avoid having to use a separate app (which are clunky / expensive) to manage fixed assets

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The email template has changed which accompanies the invoice to the customer. We have a legal name plus a trading as name which people know us by. Currently the legal name is showing up boldly at the top of the email which it didn't before. We would like the trading name to be in this place so as not to cause confusion to our customers, or have the ability to remove it entirely as it has the logo there displaying the correct name.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When resizing my browser window, many of the Xero screens (including Bills, Timesheets, Invoices) do not resize. Instead they chop off on the right hand side. There is not even the option of a slider to get over to the right.

I have tested this across two browsers IE and Chrome. Frequently I am working on a laptop with a small screen and this is really annoying. I would rather they scale up or down when I make my browser larger or smaller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Invoice Settings - be able to turn off the Auto Sequencing Invoice Number.
    I need to input a specific, externally generated invoice number when invoicing.
    It would be nice to have the invoice number field blank, ready for me to input it.
    Currently there is no option other than to have an auto sequenced number in the field.
    Yes, I can delete it and then input my number but would be great if I could have a blank field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We import all our invoices to Xero from our practice management software. They are imported as draft invoices. Once the invoices are in Xero I have to go through each invoice and complete the following steps otherwise Xero won't send reminders for overdue invoices.

• Set the date to today (which also sets the due date)
    • Set the invoice to approved
    • Set the invoice sent

A solution to this would be to be able to select all draft invoices and bulk set them to approved and sent. This must be an issue for others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A section for CIS suffered as like the current CIS deducted would be really useful. The reporting for CIS deducted is great and helps records for monthly PAYE. A similar section on the CIS suffered side would be great - checking through separate ledgers and updating RTI filings is manual in contrast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On the Account Watchlist in the Dashboard, I would like to display a custom budget that I created for 2024 in lieu of the default 'overall budget' that it shows. Please make this feature possible as it will provide a good, quick snapshot on how we're trending to budget w/out having to pull up reports. An alternative would be to tag a custom budget as the 'default' that would appear in the accounts watchlist. Regardless, let's make this happen! Thanks for considering.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a charity we would really like the ability to be able to have Gift Aid and reporting on Xero, otherwise we would have to get a 3rd party piece of software to run Gift Aid.
    It would be so great to be able to mark on a customers record that they allow us to claim gift aid on the monies they pay to us and then in turn for us to be able to run a report to submit to HMRC of how much Gift Aid we are able to claim from customers in others words extra income from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we generate a report that included a unique Transaction Id per line, together with the unique journal ID.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Send a single Receipt for multiple invoices which will help the customers who are expecting an annual Tax receipt for the payments made for the reporting financial year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like a total of how many lines have been added to an invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For all Xero Projects expenses, the only way to add the Expense name is to add a description for each expense. When we're tracking spend monies, receipts & invoices, this is a time consuming/ inefficient process. It would be ideal for the project expense to simply show the supplier name (when there's no description field added).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently you can NOT recode invoices that use auto sales tax in bulk (with the find/recode) - please add

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So we send a W9 request and a vendor completes it, great. But this doesn't create a digital W9 form, it just modifies the information in the vendor's 1099 contact page. So if an auditor requests a copy of a vendor's W9, we have nothing to give them. And it's possible to override the changes made by the W9 submission, so there's no way to verify - say a year later - that the information on their contact page aligns with the W9 information they submitted. The lack of static documentation makes this feature almost useless for us as most…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there

While we don’t create an exact replica of the form we’ve worked closely with our compliance team to make sure that if you are audited we can supply the information needed. We also cater for the event of W-9 information being overridden and needing W-9’s from previous years.

In terms of getting the information for an audit - while we don’t offer a self service option at the moment - if you need it you can submit a request to our support team and we’ll provide what you need for an audit 😊

16. To be able to adjust the widths of the preset headings (Date, Name, Reference, Spent and Received) when you are trying to find and match in the bank reconciliation screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Quote Titles should show up in the reporting so that clients can see which projects they are looking at. This is much different than a reference which is typically a job or project number that the client needs reference to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I work in an open plan office and it seems insane to have my bank balance written in such large writing at the top of the page where it shows Statement Balance and Balance in Xero! It should definitely be an option to hide or minimise this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to Rollover Actuals as Budget for New Year - or rollover LYR Budget to TYR

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We recently converted from Quickbooks Desktop and are trying to reproduce a "Sales by Customer" Report that sorts descending by gross invoice amount but groups the contacts within the contact group together. In Xero, I cannot figure out a way to accomplish this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?