Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1348 results found

1. Bank reconciliation - Add Bank Account Filter. Allow the user to select One, Multiple or ALL bank accounts to show on the reconciliation scr

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add Sort functionality to the Main Bank reconciliation screen.

By Date, By Description, By Reference, by any text field, By Debit Amount, By Credit Amount and by absolute Amount. Both Ascending and Descending.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. IMPORT of CSV with CREDIT / DEBIT COLUMN

Please add a function to allow import of CSV where debit / credit is marked in a separate column to the amount instead of +/- signs only.

My bank outputs transactions in the following format:

E.G.

Transaction 1 CR 1231.12
    Transaction 2 DR 543.00

The above denotes a credit of 1231.12 and a debit transaction of 543.00.

The CR/DR or words Debit/Credit are contained in a separate column.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a client whose workers use toll gates daily, often returning on the same day. Xero sees this as a duplicate expense and delete the second transaction.
    It would help if Xero can create a report showing these duplicates and giving the option to pull them into the bank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer option to lock last and previous year's data to prevent unintentional corruption of "good data".
    Users would then have to slow down and take a great deal of care if changes to last and previous year's accounts is actually required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Further to Mr Howarth's request in May2022 under the title 'Reporting - Include journal ID', I would like to request one additional step to be added.

Creating mapping against Xero transactional data is very testing as it is impossible to create a fixed unique reference for each line. To narrow things down, you would have to use JournalID but then need to concatenate with other fields to differentiate between the lines within a single journal. eg. description, dates, amounts or a combination of other fields. However, these joined fields can be edited! There is no way I can currently see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The New GST layout needs to keep the "Late Claims" separate on the transaction details report. Lumping them all together with income or expense and then the totals don't tie into the numbers on the face of the GST return is frustrating. I can see you can filter by "late claims" but we don't want to have to export and manipulate the data when sending the documents to clients.

It doesn't make sense that the detailed transaction report doesn't match the face of the GST return without manipulating

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi
    I would like to request that we keep the publish button on the new GST layout. The new GST Return layout does not have the Publish to Reports function (this has been removed). The Publish Function is an important function for clients, bookkeepers and auditors to access all relevant publish reports in one place.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the time of creating ABA file with 10 bills and one supplier bank account has an error (eg extra 000 in front of the account number), XERO still allows to create the ABA file however removes the bill without a notification.

Let's say you do not take time to check the batch payment PDF file with ABA data file, you do not know that bill is removed.

If XERO does not allow to create the ABA file OR notify that bill is removed from ABA file will solve the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict the "Mark as reconciled option" on payments to be "adviser" user level access only. This will reduce the instances of clients inadvertently causing bank reconciliation errors. Many dont understand the implications of clicking this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is crazy to not be able to filter History and Notes by notes. What good does a note do me if I either have to:
    1. Go to the customer to see if there is one OR
    2. Have to read through all of the "Edited", "Credited" etc just to find the notes.

Also make it so the notes can be filtered by customer/supplier. Notes do absolutely no good if they cannot be accessed or looked at easily.

The attached has been filtered so the type is ONLY customer. I highlighted the items that are desired. All the rest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bank Reconciliation - Export/Import to transfer data from one organisation to another

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to disable Xero from autofilling my tracking categories on invoices. I regularly invoice a client but the invoice tracking category differs regularly. I'm sick of having to correct the autofilled tracking category to the correct selection.

There also appears to be a bug in this area. When I delete/amend the invoice tracking category that has been autofilled and then alter any part of the line item it reverts the tracking category to whatever it was originally, which is really annoying me.

this has caused my organisation major headaches now at the end of the financial year and is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since the new update on invoices, you can no longer send a reminder invoice when the accounts are locked. This seem a bit silly as you are not changing the invoice just simply sending a reminder. To do this now i have to go and unlock the accounts the the month which the invoice is dated, send the reminder and then re-lock the accounts.

Please can this be changed back as it is a waste of time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new mobile functionality for Outstanding Invoices adds more steps to being able to see when an invoice is due.

In the past, it was a one button press into Outstanding Invoices and it was easy to see the dates for when all invoices were due.

With the new system, now when you press into Outstanding Invoices, you cannot quickly see the due dates, and it's cumbersome to have to dig into each client by pressing View all invoices, only to then be able to see the due date.

I believe the previous system was far more effective for a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the change in the mobile app, Mike. I've passed this onto the team however do want to be upfront that there's no immediate plans around this atm. 

Instead, the 'Sales' tab invoice list screen might help what you're trying to view. This will show all the invoices and due dates in the same screen. 

16. Multiple Report Styles

It would be great to have multiple report styles for reporting where different logos and different names can be added for reporting. For example we have 2 companies using the same Xero HQ where one company does the accounting work and the other company compiles the reports so we need to publish reports with 2 different report styles and logos.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When running reports such as Aged Receivables it would save a lot of time if you could choose your dates etc before it downloads the info. It uses the default - you have to wait for that to download before you can then enter the actual dates you want and press update - then you wait again!.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can’t believe I need to ask for this. Apparently “The mobile app doesn't display transfer rule information”, only spend and receive.

Please update the mobile app to at least have this feature. Shouldn’t be too hard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have been a customer for over 10 years.

☹️ You have taken away above feature in the Xero App which I rely on very heavily. I am bitterly disappointed about this. I need this back. Can you please reinstate it?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the Monthly Bank Rec Report can we PLEAASE remove the HUGE, space wasting , obsolete text "The bank balance your bank is showing and Statement balance (calculated) must match. If the balances don't match you'll need to identify why and fix any errors." at least an option to deleted PLEASE!!!
    See image attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 67 68
  • Don't see your idea?