Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. It would be nice to be able to use "copy to" function on an approved invoice to create a new repeating invoice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When sending an invoice it would be great to have the option via checkbox to also send a statement as an attachment. The idea is that a customer can see the new invoice and any outstanding invoices in 2 attachments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. in the APP can we have inventory stock levels show when you search for an item.
    Currently it only shows if you have xero stock and try and save.
    I have to use the desktop version to view levels

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thanks for your input on the idea here. Now in the Accounting app you'll see the current Quantity on Hand for Tracked inventory items shown when you add an item to a Sales Invoice or Quote.😊

4. The image of the supplier invoice is very hard to see. I would like to be able to magnify it so I can view it properly as ATM I proceed to print it which enlarges it and then cancel once I see what I need. Not very user friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Gillian, thanks for this idea!

We've rolled out an update to the 'Bills to pay' screen this week that makes some changes to the attachment preview.

Attachments will now open in a frame to the left of your bills, and you'll have the option to zoom and navigate this preview, or open the attachment in a new window.

I've included a screenshot of the preview, with the navigation and open buttons highlighted  😊

5. Cost centre- if Xero can have cost centre function, that would be more helpful to the companies who have one more branch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Becky, have you explored Tracking in Xero? With Tracking you could use one of your Categories to list all the different cost centres in your business and track transaction cost against each. You'll find many of the reports in Xero can be filtered by Tracking to help you segment and get a view of amounts based on a specific cost centre. 

6. Add Company Logo in invoice reminders email

Purpose : Invoice reminder email would not be treated as spam with company logo in the email

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, super quick turn around here 😁I'm happy to share that the changes for invoice reminders have been pushed live and you should now find invoice reminder emails will include your company logo. This is pulled from the organisation settings, so if you'd like to revise your logo you can do this through the organisations settings page.

7. I would like to generate invoices quarterly or annually automatically, thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For web orders etc there is no way of adding to the invoice that the order has been paid.
    So an option within the Due Date section to choose 'Paid In Full' would eliminate the customer receiving the invoice appearing as if it needs to be settled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. requesting a way to have a preset invoice template with lines and accounts selected that you could then update from the app

be great for clients that do the same invoice each time, with differing amounts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the new reports the cents are always off and when you are reconciling the bank to me as a bookkeeper you want to cents to be included and not having to tick an extra button to say please include. I have noticed the reports have been geared towards accountants and not bookkeepers as all my reports have cents on them however the bank reconciliation report it's just doesn't make sense to me. Or if you could set in your set ups to always include cents and then this stays that way in the entire Xero file that would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to text a link to invoices to my clients. Emails get lost in full inboxes where as my clients are much more responsive to texts.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - thanks to everyone who's added their vote to this idea. 

Just a heads up, that it's already possible to generate a sendable link for an invoice, which you can then include in a text 💬

You can find the steps in our 'Share an online invoice or credit note with your customer' support article, but I've also shared the steps for new invoicing below: 

1. In the Business menu, select Invoices.
    2. Find and open the invoice you want to share.
    3. If the invoice is:
    4. Draft or Awaiting approval status, click the Approve & email arrow and select Approve & get link
    5. Awaiting payment or Paid status, click the menu icon and select Get link
    6. Click Copy to copy the invoice link.

Finally, you can add the link to a text or email message and deliver it to your customer!

12. Hi.
    Prior to the recent update to quotes, the default sales settings inputted onto a contact would carry across to the product rows on the quotes.
    i.e you could set the default department and category for a customer which would auto-populate when you entered a product / tabbed across the product line whilst inputting the information.
    Do you think this functionality could be restored?

The ability to tab across has actually been removed too, could this be re-added to? Or if there's an alternative key to press that would work too.

Purpose: to save sales people time when inputting large…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, sorry we've not updated this idea sooner. With feedback and smaller iterations to the new experience for Quotes our team have made a change so that contact defaults saved within a contacts record will flow though to a new Quote once the Contact has been selected. 

Once you select a contact within your Quote you should see a small pop up at the bottom of the screen to indicate that these have been applied - Like the example I've attached 

13. Repeating invoices which are created to be draft. I then call the customer to confirm the settings are still accurate and sometimes have to wait for 1 week. It would be helpful to have a "Today" button at the bottom of the calendar that opens to quickly set today's date as invoice going out

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have created contact groups (Accountants Names) and have allocated all of our contacts to their accountant. We want to print a list of the overdue debtor amounts for each accountant so we can follow them up but there is no report that does this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automatically insert new line when tabbing across on new transaction/ invoice

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, just rounding back on the flow here. 

When using new invoicing you'll find as when you type in any field of a line, a new line is automatically inserted beneath. 

So, you can either tab through fields or use your mouse here. 🙂

16. I think it's very important that the Discount amount by the subtotal should be in big letters not so small in brackets, I think everyone wants the customer should see in the first second that he saved £1000 with discounts...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. E-Invoicing implemented into the UK/EU version of Xero.
    This would help invoice our customers in other countries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to add or minus a bulk amount on a invoice(not just a discount)
    Percentage

Would be great so can add fuel levy in or minus a amount off the total of invoice
    That you need ect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, as previously shared this is possible by adding a new line to your invoice. You can add both positive or negative lines to the invoice to change the total amount.

Alternatively rather than a line in itself you could use new invoicing to discount each line by a total amount.

19. Send / Issue Invoices directly to Whatsapp: Clients of our would love the function to be able to send invoices directly to a Whatsapp account/number from Xero (similar to the "Email" button on invoices). Client contact numbers are already listed on Xero Contacts. Even if this was only added to the Xero mobile app, we think this would be a huge benefit for many businesses.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, I'm pleased to let you know it's possible to share via WhatsApp. If you're using the mobile app, on the invoice you'd like to send, use the menu in the top right for more options and select Share... Your mobile will come up with options for sharing and if you have WhatsApp installed you can send it to your WhatsApp contacts.

If you're using the web version, on the invoice you'd like to send, use the menu in the top right for more options and select Get link. From here you can copy the link and use WhatsApp Web to compose your message and paste the link to the invoice.

Hope this helps!

20. The ability to automatically mark accepted quotes as invoiced when the invoice has been raised. this would help highlight outstanding accepted quotes and therefore outstanding workload.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?