Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

223 results found

1. Ability to remove unused space on the new report in Xero.

Purpose: So new reports don’t appear elongated and to save on printing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The ability to reconcile multiple manual bank entries without entering each individual transaction and selecting the 'reconcile transaction' function. Tick box selection and a generic 'reconcile transactions' button on 'Account Transactions page?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A report that shows the items (and item qty) required to fulfill accepted quotes.

Purpose: Seeing a figure of accepted quote will make it easy for users to track their sales.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news everyone! Our reporting team recently released the ability to show Quotes through Receivable Invoice Details and Summary reports :)
    When you’re using either of these reports, you can click the "All quotes summary" or "All quotes detail" option at the side panel, then filter the report by Status and choose "Accepted". If you need to share the report to those who don't have full access to Xero report, you can export your report.
    We’ll mark this idea as ‘delivered’. Thanks for giving us your feedback and adding your vote here.

4. Archived accounts should have some method to prevent them from appearing in dropdown menus, such as the Account Transactions report. It gets ugly and cluttered. Xero is supposed to be beautiful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all your input on this idea over time.
    We've got through a lot of the meaty underwork and being able to concentrate some more attention to some your contributions in community.
    With today's release for reports we're giving you a dropdown option to Include/Exclude Archived accounts in the Account Transactions report. 🙂 Give it a go today, and save as Custom to access with these settings anytime!

5. When breaking down the contacts into groups, such as 'subcontractors', it would be useful to run the 'expenses by contact' report, and to be able to limit that to just the groups I have created, to see how much I have spent on that group as a whole, as well as individuals. (Currently it just shows the full contact list)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for contributing to the idea here, team. We've recently released a new version of the Income & Expenses by contact report, that can be simply filtered for Income or Expenses only. 

Moreover, you can both 'Group by Contact'. AND Filter by Contact Group too 😉 - here's a example

6. Adding a direct feed for American Express Australia

Purpose: To get a better feed connection by having a direct feed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, as you might have noticed we recently released a direct bank feed for American Express (AU). 

You can update your bank connection to our new American Express direct feed by selecting the Update bank connection on the American Express account from your Xero dashboard. From here click Login & Connect Accounts, then follow the prompts to update. 

This new feed offers improved security, accuracy, reliability, and provides a better overall experience.

Thanks for your input on this here. 😊

7. Adding contact account number in Receivable/Payable Invoice report.

Purpose: To better sort and grouping accounts by filtering contact account number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To be able to add other reports to the standard Management Report packs? I need to report on two different styles of profit and loss monthly. There are other reports I would include if I had the option to select them. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to filter contact name, and add a paid field in account transaction report.

Purpose: Better visibility of contact activity and more customisation/filtering of data

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

And we're a go! Our Reporting team have released enhancements to the Account Transactions report. Adding Contact and Invoice # fields. 

You can now add a Contact column, or format to group/summarise or filter by Contact or Invoice # 🙂

10. Useful if there were a box to check on the contact detail page for 1099s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've just released Contact Management as a dashboard, which you'll find when you next navigate to your 1099 report in Xero 🙂

Contact Management enables you to view, find, and edit your 1099 contacts all from this one page. Giving you more visibility and ease of use when preparing and running your 1099's with Xero - See more detail in our help article on Xero Central

In addition to the Contact Management view, we've made another update to 1099 so you can now mark your 1099 contacts directly when adding or editing from Contacts.

11. I'm accustomed to being able to scan a period of transactions to review how each transaction was split. In Xero, there is literally no way to see information this way. I would have to navigate into each transaction one at a time to see if it contains a split, making it virtually impossible to review my bookkeeper's work.

Does anyone know of an add-on I could use that would allow me to see the information this way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, our team’s been working on some enhancements to the Account transactions report that I think you’ll all be interested in!

Most notably - we’re introducing a Related Account column, this will show the other side of the accounting journal for your transaction line items, this will help make it easier for you to spot any errors and audit your reconciliations.

At this stage the report will only show up to 2 accounts but in instances where there may be more, you can open the transaction in a new tab to see the rest.

The report will still be based of the transactional details rather than showing them as they are received from the bank as some of you may be wanting, but really think this is a great addition to help you keep track of your accounts!

We’ll return your votes here, so you can use them where…

12. Hi Xero,

Thanks for creating the new 'Account Transaction Report' and adding the GST columns (and other transaction attributes) recently.....but there are a couple of significant issues that need to be sorted out before this is done and dusted.

These are:
    - When sorting by 'Account (Name)' it returns the accounts in alphabetical order meaning P&L and Asset accounts are all mixed in together when doing a full GL report. I think it would be better to show the accounts in account number order (or alphabetically with the P&L and Balance sheet accounts separated)
    - When sorting by 'Account Code'…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our team have been paying close attention to what our community have been asking and with today's release we've added the ability to sort and summarise by 'Account Code & Name' within the Account Transactions report.
    You can use this option to view both the Account Code and Name, without losing the Opening Balances - Read up on the changes in our recent Blog.

Thanks for sharing on this with us here in community. Also noting some people here who'd like to view file attachments against transactions - While not possible atm, we do have an idea for this growing across here and you're welcome to join and use your vote from this idea on. 🙂(Sep 21)

13. Please have the option to see both the invoice number and the reference for sales invoices. I have used the reference to indicate how an invoice is paid and the amount if not the same as the invoice. I have one transaction coming into the bank for a days worth of invoices paid by credit card. I then find and match for the pay method and date and it lists all the invoices and their invoice numbers. The reference tells me if any invoices were part paid, or paid with two different methods. Like, part cash and balance by credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all. From today Find & Match shows both invoice number and the reference field for sales invoices. Note that we've also added other details too (such as check numbers and other payment references) to both Find & Match and the Account Transactions page.

I trust life will be a little easier not having to click through to work out which invoice is which!

Check out what else is new in today's release notes.

14. Hi

I was wondering whether you are looking at adding more filters to the Customer Invoice Report so that we can filter it by a single Contact? Presently whenever I need to show a customer what they have and haven't paid and on what dates, I am exporting the whole report to excel and then deleting all the lines that don't relate to that contact.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team - The new Contact Transactions - Receivables report has just been released. :)

See how you can access and tailor all the new Contact reports on our Blog - Test them out for yourself and let us know what you think.

I can also confirm the issue with only the first 100s contacts has been resolved, so you should be able to access all contacts from the drop-down selection now.

15. Ability to set reports to print on one page.

Purpose: To have a better visual and save more papers, as currently some reports can come out more than 1 page.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Community,

As part of our reports refresh, we’ve updated how reports look when printing directly from your browser - removing the larger margins mentioned in some of the comments.

Generally, we’d recommend either exporting to PDF or, as Russel has mentioned, exporting to an excel file for further refinement before printing.

However, if you do print directly from your browser, you’ll now find that the report is correctly aligned to the left of the page 😊

Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea!

16. We are using bank rules extensively. Being able to search the bank rules via a downloadable report would help us determine which accounts are being impacted by bank rules. There is no way for us to currently see the accounts impacted by a rule without opening each individual bank rule... which is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks to those who took part in the ‘search your bank rules’ pilot - the feedback we received from this was really valuable.

I’m pleased to let you know that we’ve now rolled out the ability to search bank rules for all Xero users, permanently, and you should all have access to this on the bank rules list screen! 🎉 I’ll go ahead and mark this feature as done to return your votes to you all.

I do appreciate that the export aspect of this request hasn’t been completed, however most feedback here has actually only requested the ability to search bank rules. If you’re wanting the ability to export as well though, please start a new feature request so we can monitor the specific interest for this.

Feel free to come share your thoughts on our Discussion here once you’ve had the chance to try the new…

17. The ability to run a date range in a Trial Balance report.

Purpose: Having more flexibility when running the report by having the date range function.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we're grateful for your contributions and support in the ability to run the Trial Balance report for a date range. In the last few months we released our new version of Xero's General Ledger report which can solve the underlying needs of what's being asked here.

With the General Ledger Summary and Detail reports you'll be able to get a view of all accounts with a balance. Mentioned by a few in comments there's the ability to include or exclude opening and closing balances from these reports.

Most fundamentally asked here - these reports can both be run across a common date range or a custom date range for extended periods.

- Worth noting in difference to the Trial Balance YTD column, when running the new GL reports across a change of FY date range will show Net movement in the period and does not capture roll-over journals

18. Would be good if you could edit the Cash Summary Report layout.

Specifically, the ability to separate variable and fixed expenses so that you can more easily forecast.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The account watchlist widget is great, but it's somewhat useless without the budget for that month and YTD being shown alongside, such that you can get a quick overview of those accounts against expected performance.

It would be a massive improvement and would be of benefit to many, in my opinion!

Perhaps it could be an option for the widget to show (or not show) comparison to budget?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in the idea here. Being one of the ideas raised by community in our previous Feature request site I'm pleased to share that this is something that is now available in Xero. 

From the Account Watchlist on your organisation's dashboard you'll have an option to 'Show budgets' 🙂

20. Ability to run a report that can be translated to another currency

Purpose: It’s beneficial to calculate their budget and actual figures for expat sole traders who are living in a different country (which they have to pay their tax in the resident country) but their work and expenses are from another country.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate your support of the idea here. Most recently in the space of reporting we've released the ability to run the Profit & loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in another currency the org is using. Our new version of the Realised Gains and Losses report has also just become available, where you can select which currencies to run the report for. 

And, you'll find that we made updates to the Receivable and Payable Invoice Summary and Detail reports so you can view transactions in their original currency. 

While we'll mark the idea here as delivered with these latest improvements we're still keen to hear if there are other specific reports you'd like to run in foreign currency and how this would help your business. We have one started for running Aged Receivable and Payable reports in a foreign currency that you can join in, or…

• Don't see your idea?