For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. Xerosign: Remove the requirement to sign up to a xero account to sign documents.

This frustrates the client and causes so much headaches for us that we have stopped using xerosign and now have to use a third party provider.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea and support here - We're sorry to hear this has caused some from making use of Xero Sign with your clients.

With the sensitive nature and detail of information that can be shared through document packs - creating an account and logging in is necessary to secure information.

We appreciate features like Document packs allow collaboration with others who might not regularly use Xero for their business - There's a special sign up flow that takes your client through a shortened version of the sign up flow if we detect they don't already have an account.

💡If your client is being asked to create an org as part of the process, it's likely that they've clicked the sign up option at the bottom of the screen instead.

2. Personal tax returns. At present the systems calculates student loan repayments in line with the taxpayers income. It does not consider the amount of the loan outstanding. This will clearly give an incorrect return for the year in which the loan is repiad.

Suggestion: Pending a SLC link to establish the oustanding balance, could the dev team implement a 'limit student loan payments to' box for users (like me) to apply a manual override.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stuart

Thank you for creating this idea. Unfortunately providing the ability to override this amount will not create the ability to prevent overpayment. If the client is tagged as having student loan repayments due, HMRC will calculate the amount they believe is due based on the income in the return. If the manually edited figure did not meet HMRC expectations within £1, HMRC would reject the tax return. HMRC do not provide an ability anywhere in the filing package to indicate that the client is in their last years of payment.

We are sorry we can't help more here.

3. SIGNATURE PAD

It would be great if you could attach a signature pad to the computer so that a client can sign their Tax Returns on the spot without having to print the Tax Returns for the client to sign.

We love the convenience of digital signatures however some clients don't have their emails on their phone, don't have email addresses at all, or just refuse to sign electronically via email when they can just sign their documents when they are in the office.

We think that having the option to sign an an electronic signature pad, like you do…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, after further review we're going to move this idea to 'not planned' as there are no plans for developing this functionality directly from Xero.

As mentioned in my earlier comments here there are a some apps in our Xero App Store that offer 'signature' based services.

It is best to explore these yourself and how they could aid in your business processes. App partners will be best placed to confirm if they provide capabilities to collect signature through a device with your clients. Thanks

4. Auto generate a new draft tax return for all clients that had a prior year tax return, otherwise we have to go through a list of clients and manually create the tax returns....
    Also we can't export the XT personal tax return lists, there is no export or print option. All we can do is filter on screen, would be good to be able to export for tracking purposes...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bonnie, thanks for sharing your ideas and thoughts with us. I can see how this would save you time. However, after engaging with our product team I can confirm that we don’t currently have any plans to develop a feature that auto generates a new draft tax return when one exists for a prior year. Similarly for exporting or printing the XT personal tax return lists, there are no plans to work on this. I appreciate this isn’t the news that you wanted, but hope that this update brings you some clarity.

5. It would be wonderful if at this time of the year income tax returns could automatically be created for the new year, where the prior year is completed and with rollover from the prior completed year.

Having to manually create hundreds of income tax returns is terribly inefficient.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your engagement in this idea, everyone.

The team have considered and thought about this in practicality. Tbh we do not have intentions to develop auto-creation of client income tax returns in Xero Tax - In the way Xero tax is designed, bulk rollover would potentially create 000's of returns at once, all appearing in Draft, and as a result would cause lots of noise for users.

It'd also create trouble and confusion in understanding where a client has come back, and what returns are being worked on vs those not started. And for clients that don't come back, you'd be left with an excess of returns in draft, requiring admin to delete.

That said there is a flow that could better accommodate this, and exists today - we provide a 'not started' state as well as recommending clients use the ITCRPT report to manage this workflow.

1. The client would …
  6. We understand that a capital gain in relation to a property sold that is qualified for partial main residence exemption cannot be split in Xero Tax.

The workaround is to adjust the Capital proceeds or the Cost base amount in the Total Costs table grid to achieve the correct taxable net capital gain that should be reported at 18 A.

We suggest that a pro-rating (using number of days) be incorporated in your next software update to make it clear to the client as to how the assessable capital gain was calculated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for raising this one.

Whilst we do not have any current plans to calculate the main residence relief, the exemption can be entered under the "Reliefs" section of the disposal. 

Here you can enter the relivable amount as either "Private residence relief with letting relief" or "Private residence relief without letting relief applies".

7. Xero in US. Most of my bookkeeping and accounting clients want me assist in doing their business and personal tax returns, I do so by gathering and ensuring all docs are accurate and included. I have been partnering with a licensed tax preparer for 10 years, successfully. For reasons, I am now looking to move to a new preparer. I have found one I have worked with for several years. I introduced her to Xero some time ago, as she uses QBO, and doesn't care for it. However, QBO integrates with Pro Series tax software, a big plus. Xero doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David, thanks for sharing this idea! 

Xero has an open API so anyone can develop an integration for it, without providing us with supporting documentation. 

As this is the case, we'd recommend reaching out directly to the software provider themselves, to suggest they build a Xero integration.

8. Ability to pre-fill an Activity Statement (BAS,IAS,QPIN etc) before month end/ quarter end where the activity statement is available on the tax agent / business portal.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for contributing your feedback fro this idea, everyone. Though appreciating the thought here, Xero is currently limited in our ability to solve this as the information only becomes available to us on the first of the month. 

In lieu, and if not already set up we'd recommend enabling automatic activity statements - You can see detail on this in Xero Central. 

9. All the IRD guide links are not working in the 2022 tax return. The pages references also refer to the 2020 guide. If these are provided it would be helpful for info to be correct.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for starting the idea, Sarah. Appreciate that these links need updating.

Checking with our team there are plans to remove these links from within Xero Tax (NZ). Being an external site from Xero, it's possible that these could return an error, each time the IRD make updates to these pages.

To set the expectation here, we'll shift to not planned and I'll round back to confirm once IRD guide links have been completely removed from Xero Tax(NZ).

10. Please allow for more characters fit in each Description Field line of the tax return. Currently there is a limit of 30 characters on each line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for engaging and raising your idea here, Dennis.

I've checked in with our AU Tax product team and can confirm that the ATO have a maximum description field length of 30 characters, which is why we also have the same limitation.

With this in mind, I do want to be honest that we don't have plans to change this on our end.

11. Please add the numbers to to the 2022 IR3 template for Keypoints 22 & 23.
    This makes navigation of the return a bit easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea here, Sarah. Our team have explored the complexity behind this change, however without a lot of work to the form it's not possible to add key points for 22 & 23. We'll close this idea and want to be open that this isn't something we'll be looking to develop.  

• Don't see your idea?