For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1352 results found

1. Batch print packing slip

We are able to batch print invoices through the awaiting payment page, but having the ability to batch print packing slips would be great. Having to click in and out of invoices to print the packing slip for multiple entries daily takes quite a bit of time. Can this feature be added?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix Business Snapshot so that it can account for the leap year! Currently it includes the 29th February in the March numbers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to transfer any one year budget or overall budget to another year
    This will facilitate annual budgeting as you don't need to start from scratch

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Account Transactions Report

It doesn't make sense that you can separately select the 'Contact' column and the 'Description' column, but that the 'Contact' details show in the 'Description' column.

It feels like the 'Description' column in the Account Transactions report is wrongly pointing to the 'Contact' data!

If the 'Description' detail is not available in the Account Transactions report, this column should be withdrawn from the options available for selection.

It would be great to get this issue fixed.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your engagement on this idea. To help explain a little on how this works in the Account Transactions(AT) report - what shows in the Description field when running the report is dependent on the type of account you're running the report for.

For example, when running the AT report for a bank account, transactions will show the Contact name in the Description field. This is because the detail that is entered on each description line in the body of a transaction relates to the account the line item is coded to. 

To see the detail, you'll need to run the report for the account code, not the bank account. This is also how the report works for some other accounts such as the system sales tax account, Account Receivable, and Accounts Payable.

If you're trying to find the account a bank transaction or system account line has…

6. Be able to run depreciation as MACRS in Fixed Assets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reinstate the bank activity graph for contacts (clients) which used to enable us to see all bank activity for all bank accounts on the client contact page. Give us back our credit control eyes!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When a report filter is selected, the filter should be displayed on the report that is displayed/printed. Eg if you use employee groups and you filter a payroll report by said group, the printed report should display the filter chosen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we please have a Parent and Child relationship on the accounts to ease cash allocations. At the moment we are getting 1 payment that covers multiple accounts.

We work with Schools and get payments from Councils and Academy's. These payments go across multiple schools and payments are currently allocated 1 invoice at a time.

It would be helpful to have a Parent account / Hierarchy account or to put the Council/Academy name within the individual school account on Xero and put the Parent/Hierarcy name within the "Find & select matching transactions" - "Search by name or reference"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add Recap Transaction found in MYOB.
    The feature allows you to see which accounts will be affected (debited or credited) by a transaction you're about to enter. Seeing what effect a particular transaction will have on the accounts allows one to know the outcome of transactions with accuracy. This is a powerful feature that can prevent incorrect entry of all kinds of transactions. See attached screenshot from MYOB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate not the exact feature you're looking for here and will be good to get a sense of the interest of this here. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure you can find this information once reconciled. Those with the Standard or Adviser roles can run the Journal report to view recent impacts to accounts and the user that made each change. 

12. I would like to visualise how draft bills and invoices affect my cashflow, something which I know is not possible at the moment. This would allow me to predict how multiple open quotes & projects could affect my financing requirements. Could this be added in future?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need option to display supplier bank details when running the supplier payments bank report. Key for bank approvers to easily verify bank details for supplier payments.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See where you're coming from and thanks for the confirmation, Malcolm (I've just slightly adjusted the title here 🙂)

This isn't something we have planned at present but will get a sense of the appetite here and let you know if there's any change. 

14. Invoices - Prefix in Date Format

It would be great we could choose an invoice prefix in a date format that automatically updates each day. For example 20231123-01, 20231124-01 02 03 etc.

I track my invoices by the date in which I send them so this feature would save me alot of time instead of having to manually update the date in the invoice prefix each day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Xero to filter Project Reports by Staff Member or Category in order to get more data for KPIs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users should be able to generate a report of transactions without receipts attached. This allows small business administrators to identify which transactions don't yet have receipts attached.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to have a foreign currency account in the COA other than bank accounts. If an invoice is received and paid in a foreign currency, it should show as the foreign currency as the source, not the base currency. This affects loan accounts a lot and if invoices are paid from a loan account, instead of a bank account, you can't keep the currency consistent.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When resizing my browser window, many of the Xero screens (including Bills, Timesheets, Invoices) do not resize. Instead they chop off on the right hand side. There is not even the option of a slider to get over to the right.

I have tested this across two browsers IE and Chrome. Frequently I am working on a laptop with a small screen and this is really annoying. I would rather they scale up or down when I make my browser larger or smaller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Like Sage I would like every item to have the VAT return Date and month it was recorded on attached to it and if/when it was adjusted which return the adjustment was submitted on as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using New Invoicing, we Selected "None" for Online Payment. Yet a link for Online Payment appear on the Form the Customer receives????
    This is not the case with Classic Invoicing...

Please Fix

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?