Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

136 results found

1. To have the ability to show the Top 10 spending by contact chart for customers similar to chart available on the expense by contact report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for not catching your idea here sooner, Tahlia. Appreciate the idea and this was fast to follow the Expense by Contact report. 

Our report team have now added a chart to rhe Income by Contact report so you can view your top 10 customers the same as you can suppliers from the Expenses by Contact report. 🙂

2. Ability to add a discount for unit price just for a single line item.

Purpose: To save time from manually allowing percentage discounts.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, this is possible for invoices with the use of the discounts column where you'd only enter a discount for particular line items. With new invoicing you'll have the option to enter a discount as either a % or amount. 

Alternatively if you'd just like Xero to calculate the unit price and not need this shown you could use Xero's inbuilt calculator to enter an equation that'll automatically calculate the price for you based on a given amount. 

We have a separate thread going for the ability to add discounts to bills (accounts payable invoices) that some of you may like to join for any updates. 

3. Hi Team,

When entering one quote that runs into multiple pages I always save the work intermittently. Just incase there is a computer software or power issue. However the two options available are Save & close and Save and Add another. Could you please add the feature to Save and Continue? It will be a great help. Also Please reconsider reintroducing the Shortcuts (Using the tab) rather than the mouse click option for every item. It is not an efficient way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Shirani 👋 when creating a quote in Xero, you have three options for saving.

As you’ve already found, you can ‘save and continue’ or ‘save and add another’ but both of these will navigate away from your page.

Instead, you can click the standalone save button. This will save your progress without navigating away from the page 😊

4. When previewing the attachments / supporting documents, it would be great to be able to move the preview onto a different screen so can more easily mark of items as correct as reviewer, without having to download/ open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to be able to set up a Placeholder for our company logo so we can include it on emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would really like to see an auto bill feature connected to the payment services. Give the invoiced party the opportunity to have their credit card automatically charged when the recurring invoice is created each month, week, etc. This functionality exists currently in Freshbooks, would love to see it in Xero!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Xero use to integrate with Shopify for free - through the services of a third party app developed by Bold. Now the provider of the Xero/Shopify integration (Bold) has introduced a fee for this simple integration.

In my opinion, as Xero is the most expensive accounting software provider on the market, the introduction of Bold's fee for this integration has removed Xero's main competitive advantage. The cost of Xero use to be justified because the Shopify integration was free. Now that you have to pay for this integration as well, users of Xero & Shopify have to pay even more…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hope you heard of our new Xero Shopify integration, built in-house, and launched Nov 2021 😊

The integration syncs your Shopify sales transactions to Xero automatically for easy payment reconciliation. You can choose your automatic sync settings to suit your Shopify settings and align with your business needs.

The integration is available globally. Find more on the integration, how it works and the needs it can solve for your business in our Xero app store.

8. Hi there,

I've tried the existing integrations with Shopify and Xero and the only partially viable option available has many problems. We're using this for our website https://discountoffice.co.nz. We've given up on automation between the two platforms and now manually invoicing at the end of the day which consumes a lot of our time. Do you have any plans to develop an official app to integrate the two platforms?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, just letting you know that Our Developer community is the best place to seek out help on oAuth and anything to do with the API and building integrations.

That being said, I also wanted to share about the new integration we announced with Shopify in November last year (2021). The Shopify integration is designed to help business owners save time on admin by reducing the manual data entry and paperwork associated with reconciling and interpreting sales data, giving you an up-to-date view of finances, cash flow and business performance.

9. Currently there is detailed expense report in Xero Projects. That's why I cannot use Projects for invoicing and billing yet, because we (engineering consulting industry) are required to submit itemized documents to support any invoiced expenses. For example,
    - if it's a subcontractor cost, we need to present the subcontractor bill details
    - if it's a mileage reimbursement, we need to present mileage rate and number of miles and the employee who requested such reimbursement.
    So, please add the expense report feature in Xero Projects!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    We run multiple projects with many resources, it would be good if we could assign or restrict user view/access to specific projects.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could you please consider the ability to automatically create purchase invoices from sales invoices sent from other Xero users to our account?

Likewise creating contacts should be part of this process - whereby when I receive a sales invoice from another Xero user, I should be able to click a button and it automatically appears in my purchase invoices with the fields already filled up accordingly.

This would automate a big chunk of our invoice processing time because we interact with several other Xero users!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, while save to Xero from an online invoice is still an option, taking a deeper look I see you're based in Singapore.
    We now support Peppol eInvoicing in some regions, including Singapore (where it's called InvoiceNow), as per this community request. eInvoicing allows for the features you have requested as well as the ability to send & receive from other software.

For Singapore businesses with Xero, you can connect your organisation with 'Invoici' which will enable you to register with InvoiceNow. - Read more on how this works in Xero Central.

12. We are looking for a solution where we can generate a SEPA direct debit XML from customer and invoice data in Xero. This XML format is called PAIN.008.001.02 which is supported by all 31 countries in the SEPA region (including the UK). Every bank in the SEPA region lets you upload a PAIN.008.001.02 XML file to collect direct debit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate your input here. And thanks to those of you who provided some options too!

As you're aware, we don't restrict currencies/locations from our side, so you can integrate a payment service that supports direct debit payment that's available for the SEPA region.

One of the options that we can suggest to you is to set up GoCardless as a payment service in your Xero org, as they support Direct Debit schemes for this region. You can also check out their API documentation here, if you need to see it.

That being said, we'll mark this request as 'delivered'.

13. Not sure if this feature is already coming but would be great to be able to use a custom date range in the Business Snapshot reporting. We have clients who run on a 4-4-5 basis so would be great to be able to produce the report for their accounting period.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all

To use custom date ranges, and get access to more advanced features, you can upgrade to Xero Analytics Plus. 

You can do this either by upgrading your subscription to the Ultimate plan, or by selecting it as an add-on. 

Here's more info about Xero Analytics Plus and our pricing plans.

14. Ability to to show periods of bills that haven't been matched to a Xero project.

Purpose: to confirm that all bills are being assigned to properly to Project.

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience. Ability to view bills that have not been assigned to a project is now live to 100% of users.
    To access this feature;

• Click the 3 dot drop down menu from the Bills list screen
    • Select 'Bills not assigned to projects'

You'll be taken to a page where you c an select the date range for viewing bills that have not been assigned to a project in your organisation, where you can then edit and assign each bill.
    Alternatively, go to Projects and select Add > Expenses from bill to get to the same screen.On a separate note - taking on your recent feedback I do want to confirm that this feature is limited to Bills at present and does not extend to Sales invoices.
    We understand the importance of being able to make use and understand dates associated to projects - We made…

15. Separates Item and Description in new invoicing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New invoicing has had a bit of improvement and along with separate Item and description fields, you'll see there's an option to show or hide which fields of your invoice lines are shown. 😊

16. I would like to suggest a desktop version of the Projects Timer app. Either Chrome or MacOS would be my personal preference. The mobile app is great but when you work online it's annoying to frequently log in to your phone which is a potential distraction if anything.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry we've not rounded back here sooner! A little earlier this year our Projects team released an update that allows Projects users to create time entries and record time on your computer, through the Web version of Xero - See more on Xero Central

So rounding out the experience you can now record time from your desktop, or your mobile device 😊

Appreciate, recent commentary on ways you'd like the desktop timer to be further optimized for your workflow. If there's something more you'd like to see in this please do start a new idea and we can begin tracking the support for that too. 

17. Hi,
    I have started to use the 'new invoicing' that's just been released and can't say that I'm particularly impressed. Some of the simplicity of the old invoicing has disappeared. Please can you reinstate the visibility of the following:
    Part Number/SKU number
    Discount Given
    Account
    Tax Rate

Without these being on the one page, it's very easy to make mistakes and not notice them.

Also, when entering plain text into the description I.E. a description of what the invoice contains, if I accidentally click in quantity or tab to it, it gets auto filled with avalue of 1 which can't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, in Oct last year we released an improvement to new invoicing where you can now show or hide fields of your invoice in the creation screen.

Checking in on the billable expense flow - we intend to develop how billable expenses data appears in new invoicing but it's not in the roadmap just atm.

We've also made a recent update to new invoicing to separate the Approve, Print and Send options, as well as provide more Approve options to the drop-down.

18. Bulk Reconcile transactions in the account transactions view

At the moment is very time-consuming to manually reconcile tons of transactions in the account transaction view. It would be very very very helpful to be able to tick the transactions we'd like to reconcile and be able to bulk reconcile them. At the moment we have to enter into each transaction and reconcile it. It's not scalable.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I like the layout of the new invoicing structure, though the only thing it's missing is the 'add last items' feature that was in the classic invoicing layout.
    Could this feature perhaps be added?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My suppliers send me invoices by email.

I would like to be able to forward that email to a (unique) email address at xero that can preprocess that bill and put it in a task list of draft bills so accounts payable can then check them and put them into xero formally for payment.

I envisage this working just like tripit.com - there I can email an itinerary document from say an airline or hotel and it will automatically parse the contents, work out the flights, departure times, arrival times, etc and create entries in tripit for me.

I would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?