Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Can I also please say, how frustrating it is that you can not now attach a file to a contact from the file library. This is how we have always attached our end of month creditor statements, that are emails to us, we have always forwarded these directly the file library, re name as required and then attach to the contact from the file library when completing the checking process for each creditor. This now will mean that statements can not be forwarded directly from the creditor email but will have to now be saved into a PC desktop file…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we've now released the ability to upload files directly from your computer to a contacts record! As noted in our last update, you'll find;

• The file library uploader option is now back on the Files tab of the Contact overview
    • We display all files (including previously attached ones) allowing you to attach a file to multiple documents (e.g. Contact, Invoices…)
    • We've enabled the ability to add multiple files from file library in one go

Thanks again for all your feedback around this and we appreciate you staying tuned to the idea here. 🙂

2. The edit contact format has recently been changed and I now have to click through multiple tabs to edit and view contact info. This is much more time consuming. I would like to be able to edit and view all contact info on one page.

515 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, returning now a few weeks on from our last update, we’re going to move this idea to Delivered! ✅

You'll now find a single page for editing contact details, with the added benefit of using the tab selections on the left panel to go directly to your chosen section on the contacts add/edit page.

Again, thank you for all your comments here - we know this has been a highly anticipated feature for community. Your feedback helps us to continue to shape the future of contacts at Xero.

3. We are seeing more emails that are sent from within Xero being flagged as Spam or put in Quarantine, especially if the recipient is using Outlook 365.

Xero need to implement DKIM to reduce the number of false positives like this. It's very easy to implement and the benefits to Xero users would be enormous.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Thanks all for you feedback on comments on this thread. We want to confirm that that DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is currently active for all Xero sending mail addresses used by the Xero platform and are regularly reviewed and updated. Since Xero handles the sending of emails from our platform there is nothing to be done from your side and can be assured that their is no risk to deliverability of emails as a result of the changes. Since there is no visibility of this change in the Xero UI we suggest those who still want further confirmation to review the Global DNS Propagation Checker which confirms that DKIM is enabled for all our regions. The best option if you're still finding mail sent from Xero isn't getting to a recipient or is landing in their spam or junk folders is to ask the customer to whitelist @xero.com and @post.xero.com…
  4. Ability to have a notes section in the Contact’s record.

Purpose: Users can easily add extra notes about their contacts.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as noted in my recent update Additional notes for a Contact is now live to 100% of organisations.  A quick recap - You’ll find this new feature located at the bottom of the Contact details section, when adding or editing a Contact. It’ll be visible in the Add/Edit screen, and from the right panel of a Contact’s record.

There are some asks through this idea that go beyond this release such as;

If you're interested in these features please join and support them. It’d be good to get a refreshed sense of the interest in each. You're also welcome to start a new idea for additional functionality - Our product teams will bear these in mind as they continue to develop across Xero.  Thanks again for all contributing, and helping…

5. Would be great to have the ability to bulk merge contacts in Xero rather than having to do this one at a time - would be a great time saver!

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, great news! Merge, as I mentioned in my last update is now available to everyone. 

Go to your contacts All list, select your contacts and you'll see an option to 'Merge' show above - See help in Xero Central

While it's not possible to merge through import if this is something you feel could really add value, you're welcome to start a new idea and we can view of the support in that, too. 🙂

6. Contacts - Being able to search by mobile number, when we have a missed call or a text message on the phone, being able to search it is before blindly calling them back if they haven't left a message.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re excited to announce that we’ve now added the ability to search the Contact list by phone numbers. You’ll find you can search by all phone number types including phone, direct dial, mobile or fax number, from the contacts list to view all contacts with the associated detail. We hope this enhancement improves your ability to locate and quickly access contacts you’re doing business with.

Whilst we also appreciate the feedback in relation to searching phone numbers via Xero’s global search in the navigation bar, this specific idea is around the ability to search phone numbers saved against a contact record - If you'd like to see changes for search in relation to other fields we’d recommend creating specific idea threads for these separately so that we can gain support and consider each of these changes individually. Thanks

7. It would be great if the contact activity items could be divided into different tabs.

Eg. Quotes, Invoices, Purchase Orders, Bills, Notes, Etc.

A couple of my contact have become very cluttered, and it has become increasingly difficult to find the correct documents.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hyperlink Invoice Numbers on Customer Statements (including PDF) to Invoices in Xero, or to External Invoices if the Invoices were imported via API.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - we're delivering this idea 🎉

The team have been testing a solution over the past few weeks. Off the back of positive feedback, we'll be rolling this out to 100% of Xero organisations. 

It will be enabled automatically for all statements sent out. Thanks for all of your feedback on this feature! 

The team are also exploring a solution to our other top-voted Statements idea, Contacts | Statements - View and Pay Online. We’ve shifted it to ‘Under Review’ for now.

Stay tuned there for more updates!

9. The ability to search for customers by postcode. It's painful having to search for customers by business names when there can be variations in spelling, grammar etc, the customer's name as there may be multiple people ordering. The search function for customers is woefully underpowered compared to other software such as Quickbooks, where you can search by almost any customer details.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, last week we rolled out an update to the search feature for the contacts list view. You can now search for contacts by postcode, as well as phone number and address 🎉

This'll give you more ways to refine your contact search, and make it easier and quicker to find the correct contact. Thanks again for all your feedback around this idea 😊

10. Currently if you export from a Smart List, the export includes all contact rather than the list derived from the Smart List.

Until this feature can be added, I suggest removing the Export option from this screen as it is makes people think this sort of export is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tony, thanks for sharing this feedback!

It's possible to only export your filtered contact list, by selecting all customers (as you've done in your screenshot) and clicking the smaller export button.

I've attached a screenshot illustrating this. Totally understand that this process could be clearer, so I'll ensure this feedback is shared with our Contact team.

11. If I'm looking at the "Financial Details" tab for a contact, when I click the "Edit" button, I should be taken to the "Financial details" section of the "Edit contact" page. Currently, it takes me to the first section, which happens to be "Contact details".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, coming back over the idea here this idea has now been implemented with other changes in Contacts. 

Now, when you select to edit a contact from Financial details tab you'll automatically be directed to the Financial details section when the edit screen opens. 🎉

12. When you view a contact, you are able to see outstanding invoices and quotations from this contact. But it will be helpful to see quotations that have been accepted by this contact to make invoicing easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, as shared in my last update you can view both draft and accepted quotes from the Activity on a Contacts record. 

I've attached an example I created in the demo co. 🙂

13. In the Notes section under Contacts, allow:

• specific notes to be pinned to the top of the list of notes:
    • notes to be deleted
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I’m pleased to share that Additional Notes for a contact are now live to everyone!
    As mentioned in my last response - You’ll find the feature available to use when adding or editing a Contact, at the bottom of the Contact details section.
    You can edit the contact at any time to edit or delete text that you’ve entered in this field. Once saved, you’ll see the saved text shown in the right panel of a Contacts record. Thanks for all your inputs here.

14. Search for inactive contacts eg. not used for 2 yrs, then archive them as a group.
    Many customers use our services once, then never again. Since Hubdoc is sooooo slow to search, & one of the recommendations to counter this is archive unused contacts I have been looking into this. But when there are lots of contacts it is not possible to go through contacts individually.
    Result - Hubdoc works poorly in this area but the recommended workaround is impossible to implement. PLEASE FIX HUBDOC!!
    If this idea is implemented, there could also be a flag to bring up the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a large number of suppliers in Xero and it can be hard to keep track of what each of them do. Whilst I can put them into broad categories /groups, that is not enough. I would like to have a 'notes' field on contacts so that I can put some information about each of them (searchable if possible) as well as some notes as to whether they are good payers (in the case of customers) or other useful information. This will also extend the basic CRM functionality that already exists for customers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if we could search from within a customer or supplier record for a specific invoice or bill number.

It is difficult at the moment to search as
    1) there are always notes in the way that can't be hidden
    2) you have to exit the customer/supplier to find the screen where a search is available.

Having used other accounting packages, I was shocked to see this wasn't available within Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, sorry we've not returned to this idea sooner. You'll find with some of the updates we've made to the contacts record it is now possible to view transactions in separate tabs within the Activity of a Contact, and are also able to search transactions in the tab by amount, reference or invoice number 🙂

17. The validation for the max length of the Country field in a Contact Address "appears" to indicate that up to 255 characters is permitted.

This is false and entering a string > 50 does not surface the UX message but will cause the SAVE of the address to fail.

The 50 number/limit is mentioned elsewhere in Xero documentation

It goes without saying that the bland message "There is 1 error on the form" is pretty unhelpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising, Peter - Appreciate the confusion with the '255' reference that you were getting before. Our team have made a change and you should see that the error that appears now indicates that field cannot be any longer than 50 characters as per my image below. 

18. Until very recently our staff with INVOICE ONLY permissions could add notes to contacts, not just view them. We are at a loss to understand why this functionality has been taken away as it is not a security issue in any way. Adding a note to say that you have telephoned and what the content of the call was was crucial for someone chasing payment and adding other pertinent customer notes.
    Please can we have this back?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising, Jo - I can confirm this is something our team looked into and were able to restore quite quickly. 

You should find Invoice Only users have access to add notes to a contacts record again now. 🙂

19. Using Search, I want to generate a list of my customers that don't yet have any invoices at all (or none in the last year).
    This is the best way for me to see which customers have not yet done anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Scott, this is actually possible with Smart Lists in Contacts. 

You can run a new search for customers that have been Invoiced less than 0 Ever (see my image below), which will give you a result for any contact that has never been invoiced in your org. 

Similarly you can set this for a specific Invoice Status or base the search on Payments. 🙂

20. When downloading or sending statement to Client be able to Edit what can be seen - ie the Reference column isn't big enough to show a large PO number or reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?