Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

50 results found

1. Make an integration with Pipedrive to be able to quote from pipe drive or at minimum share a link to Pipedrive from a XERO quote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Xero has the sell price and cost price of our products. When my sales team create a quote or invoice, why isn’t there a display of the profit margin on invoices and quotes to help them see their profitability?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Webhooks are currently limited to contacts and invoices only - greatly limiting their use. Please expand out the available options for webhooks to include projects, quotes and purchase orders, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. how can I revert back to , or can I revert back to the old quote system ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your idea, Peter. Right now, we’re currently building a greater consistency between Xero experiences. And one of the projects that supports this is the quote modernisation - Read our blog here for more information. 

We understand that these changes might take a little time to get used to, and we don’t have plans to revert back to old quotes. But rest assured that we're committed to continuously upgrading our technology. So we’ll move the status of this idea as ‘not planned’. 

5. Improvement needed for Invoice, to enable the invoice word format, spacing and size to be changed & add extra location to upload barcode (other than upload logo, provide more place for us to upload JPG file), add more functions to standard invoice features as we are not IT related field it is hard for us to customised own invoices styling. If use customised invoices, it very hard for us to amend for example to included or excluded tax.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Catherine, few different asks wrapped into the one here. We ask that each thread contain one idea so it's clear the functionality that's being requested and to help share support back with our product teams. 

From your detail it sounds like there are a few existing ideas that you could support here in the forums and welcome you to create one for each other idea you see helping to make doing business easier for you with Xero. 

6. Integration with Wise bank making multi-currencies payments

Could you please add more currencies on the list for making payments from Xero to Wise? Now is available just GBP UK account. Can you add currencies - AUD, EUR, CZK, USD?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while we have removed the Pay with Wise feature follow on from our last update we wanted to confirm that we have released UK bill payments in Xero. 

Customers in the UK can set up direct bank transfer as a payment method for GBP bills to quickly and securely pay bills. Funds are transferred from your bank account by Crezco using open banking. The availability of open banking in the UK has enabled us to offer this on-platform. 🙂- Read more on our Blog

7. Xero does not list a public company as eligible for e-invoicng. The Australian Tax Office site does not restrict public companies from using e-invoicing, so can this feature be turned on by Xero?

We are a small not for profit company limited by guarantee and would like to be able to access e-invoicing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Shane, while we understand why you'd like eInvoice capability for a public company - The reason we don't allow registration for type of entities is that we're unable to reliably, and automatically identify this type of business entity which means that we do not permit registration. 

While we are always reviewing our security processes and balancing the risks against customer impact, there are no plans to change this restriction

8. Currently if you create a bill, it credits the Accounts Payable liability account and there is no way to change this.

Why isn't it possible to record payments due under different (more specific) liabilities?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, looping back it'd be good to explain a little more of how Xero works to help in the understanding here. Xero handles a lot of the double entry bookkeeping for you. 

Accounts Payable is a system account that Xero doesn't allow direct posting(manual journals) too. The only way to impact this account is through posting Bills, Supplier Credit notes and Payments to these transactions. This ensures the account is always in balance. 

At an individual level, Xero keeps a record of supplier debts based on the Contact entered on the transaction, and you impact the expense account based on the account selected for each line of your transaction. 

I do want to be upfront that we don't have intentions of changing the behaviour of how this works in Xero. However, it'd be good to hear more detail if there are specific reasons or other ways in which you'd…

9. I don't know if this should go down as a feature request or a bug.

Most of our clients are set up through "GoCardless for Xero" in order to automate payments. This works great for regular, scheduled payments. However, when I need to create one-off invoices for clients who are set up in our GoCardless for Xero there's no way to send the invoice to the client without automatically scheduling the payment in GoCardless. This is not ideal because sometimes I want to send the invoice to the client so they can give the go ahead before I actually schedule…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this here, Xavier. 

Checking in with our payments team I can confirm that this is working as designed, with no intentions to change this behaviour - The GoCardless for Xero integration is intended to auto schedule the payment of invoices generated from repeating invoice templates in Xero.

Appreciate there are scenarios where you may not want to apply auto scheduling and we'd recommend touching base with GoCardless who can advise about managing which invoice payments are collected via the GoCardless for Xero integration.

10. Reading through some of the suggestions from clients and they all have a similar background theme - the reporting engine in Xero is decades behind what should a rich and easy to use reporting engine. Unfortunately it just doesn't exist. The back end data is difficult to access and find the correct meta data to even start building something that is remotely useable. There is nothing simple or easy about creating a report in Xero - there are a plethora of BI tools on the market that could partner with Xero to produce quick informative reports that are easily customised…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback, Alex - However this is quite difficult to consider in terms of the change you'd be looking for our teams to make or develop for. 

Could you please detail of use cases or scenarios when you're trying to find data pull into a report or which direct fields you're hoping to report on in Xero? Thanks 

11. They should add the option of payment with Zelle on invoices.
    It's an easy no cost option for our B2B customers to pay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi👋 while we offer connections for a few payment service providers, we don't have intentions of developing integrations with many ourselves. 

There is an option through the use of a custom URL, which'd pull through relevant data for online payments through that service - you'll need to approach Zelle to see if this is something they can provide. 

12. Barcoding for inventory for quick and easy adjustments. Scan a barcode in "Products and Services" then enter amount and record as stock take.
    At present I have to buy a very expensive app, to do this, that does a whole load of other things that I don't need, or Xero already does 10 times better than they do! It's crazy!
    I'd even pay double my Xero subscription for this feature. These 3rd party apps are a rip off!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you'd like to use Xero to complete this process, James. Being open, developing the ability to import stocks through barcode scanning isn't planned, and as you've noted there are specific apps in the marketplace that can fulfill this need. 

You may want to read some of the reviews to compare the offerings of each through our app Marketplace

13. At the moment, when I export aba file at accounts payable batch payment, it can be edited. It will be great if can be encrypted so no changes can be made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey David, thanks for sharing this idea - appreciate that you're looking out for your information security!

As the .aba file needs to be accessed and read by your banking partner, it's not possible to create an encrypted one.

We're not aware of any banks that currently accept (and subsequently decrypt) encrypted .aba files. 

However, if that changes in the future, I'd encourage to submit a similar idea for your specific bank 😊

14. Is it possible to add a quick access to Quotes from the Dashboard or anywhere else? Now, I need to go to Accounts, Sales then "See All" above Quotes.

Can you please add the "Quotes" direct link (same as "See All") somewhere in the front page? Either directly in the Dashboard or under a menu like "Accounts"

Thanks! 😊

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Community! 

Appreciate being able to quickly create a quote from the dashboard is something you’d like to see here.

Being open with everyone, we don’t have plans for developing a button to create a quote from the Dashboard and we’ll leave this idea closed to set the right expectation.

However, it’s worth noting that there are shortcuts that’ll take you through to the ‘All Quotes’ and ‘Add new Quote’ screens.

When you see the search bar in the top right of the screen, you can click this and enter the letter Q to jump straight to quotes.

15. As we have to load bills into Xero to reconcile, (and I use hubDoc to do this now) it would be great if we had the option to send certain bills to Workflow Max to assign them to a job and include them on a client invoice. This would top off this suite of programs for me!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Xero is retiring its WorkflowMax product on 26 June 2024 and has entered into an agreement with tech-led business advisory firm, BlueRock, who are acquiring the brand. As part of this, they have commenced plans to offer a new product. BlueRock’s intent is that their new WorkflowMax product, WorkflowMax by BlueRock will be available to customers in early 2024. You can read more on the blog and on the WorkflowMax website.

16. Custom Reports on Xero are not really true custom reports as they are limited to only some data.

On some other accounting packages you can include almost any financial or labelled data or contact.

We recently had to recall a product - we could report on which clients had purchased the product but could not draw up a report that included who purchased the item with their contact details or email alongside.

The info is all sitting in the Xero database but we had to individually look up over 50 email addresses to write to them about the recall.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while we appreciate feedback from you all here I want to be open that we don't intend on enabling the ability create a complete custom report that could include any data field across Xero. 

That being said, our Reporting team have put a lot of focus into Xero's new reports to provide more visibility of activity and transactions, and flexibility to our users in the way they set these up. 

Appreciate the specific details you've noted here aren't currently available in Xero - the closest would be Smart Lists however this is limited to customers at present - if this is something you'd often look up I'd recommend adding your support to the idea here. 

We'll keep developing on Xero's reports - so if there is specific detail/results you'd like to see in a report welcome to start ideas for these that we can gather interest on. 

17. Expose an API for the sending of remittances to allow automation of workflows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey James! Thanks for submitting this suggestion 😊

Having a quick read of it, it sounds like one for our friends over on the Xero Accounting API feedback page. 

That's the best place to share suggestions and feature requests for things like Xero API 👾

18. Hi Everyone,
    I have a client who has shifted from using MYOB to XERO, she has today requested that in the event that she forgets to place another delivery address on the suppliers purchase order then it defaults to her address. SO the proverbial hit the fan this morning when her supplier has done what was requested on the PO and delivered it to the address noted on the PO this was meant to be in Sydney today for an opening tomorrow 1/11... so now this means a trip from Newcastle to Sydney.... Lucky it wasn't Perth.
    MY QUESTION IS;…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi,

I recently made the error of emailing a draft invoice to a customer by accident. Not sure how i managed to do it - maybe too many drinks whilst completing the invoicing :) haha

But it occurred to me that there should be a way or an option to block the sending of draft invoices. Or even a prompt when you try to send it reminding you it's still a draft invoice. I mean whats the point of approving invoices if you can send out the draft's anyway??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate it's been quite some time since we last updated this idea, everyone.

I wanted to share some of the change that's come through with new invoicing, specifically around the approve and send process, which may now accommodate some of the interest in the idea here.

Approve and Send have been incorporated in new invoicing, so this saves you a bit of time.

Rather than needing to complete 2 separate actions (1. Approve the invoice 2. Send the invoice) this has all become one flow, from a draft invoice if you select 'Send' this'll auto approve the invoice in Xero.

A caveat to this is where you have a Credit Limit set up and it's been exceeded - Xero'll grey out the option to Send.

At this time in, we don't have plans for adding further blocks or warnings when sending invoices. 

We'll keep our eyes on this idea though…

20. Can you please add the ability to resize and delete online columns we see. Xero keep changing the columns in various screens (the latest is in Bank Statement lines).i now have columns so small they take multiple lines (ONE IS THE DATE!), in order to add columns with nothing in them/data I don't want to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, really appreciative of the feedback. You'll find with our technology upgrades we're building more consistency throughout the product. 

While not the ability to switch order, new invoicing does allow for you to hide/select specific detail of your invoice from showing, and you'll find many reports have great flexibility on what data and how this is shown. 

That being said we don't have intentions of developing capability to fully customise the columns of list views across Xero any time in the near future. I'll close this request so it's clear for anyone else viewing.

• Don't see your idea?