We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate your continued feedback on new invoicing. As mentioned in my last update we've now added a new Xero Central page for new invoicing.

Along with updates to individual ideas on Xero Product Ideas, this page will become the single source of truth for key feature rollouts including:

• what’s available in new invoicing right now,
    • timelines for features and enhancements going live in new invoicing, as well as
    • a comparison table between the classic and newer versions of invoicing.

We'll be updating this page regularly.

Relating to some of the more recent feedback there are some existing ideas that may also be of particular interest that you can join, like the ability to see the email the invoice was sent to in the history, or being able to see a timestamp, and reducing clicks and steps.

2. Petition for Xero Executives Regarding Alleged "Improvements"

https://central.xero.com/s/question/0D53m00009n36b9CAA/petition-for-xero-executives-regarding-alleged-improvements

I encourage Xero Subscribers and other customers to start commenting and upvoting so we can show the Executives that these "improvements" are NOT improvements!

So, if you have had problems with any of the alleged improvements, some I have listed below, they include any sub issues associated with the changes.

Please add only "I agree" in comments. This will help our overall numbers into a louder and bigger voice.

• New Bills View
    • New Contacts View
    • New Invoice View
    • Retiring of classic invoice layout
    • Xero Support Staff Gaslighting you

Unfortunately, there are so…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I’d like to share the new Xero Central page for new invoicing that we noted was coming. 

Along with updates to individual ideas on the site here, this page will become the one source for key feature rollouts including:

• what’s available in new invoicing right now,
    • timelines for features and enhancements going live in new invoicing, as well as
    • a comparison table between the classic and newer versions of invoicing.

We'll be updating this page regularly.

Remember, you can keep switching between the two products between now and September. Thanks

3. Remove 'Powered by Xero' Advertisement on the footer invoice emails (only recently added)

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, appreciate this topic has picked up momentum in the last couple of months since “Powered by Xero” was first introduced to our invoice emails.
    Our product team have been working through the next iteration of the invoice email. They’ve reviewed feedback about this email from multiple sources and are planning some changes to address some of the concerns, in particular that the purpose of this feature is for marketing and advertising purposes. This feature was developed, designed and implemented will the sole intention of increasing trust with the invoice emails we generate inside the Xero platform. The data after delivering this has shown that it does just that, increasing engagement with your invoice emails and ultimately getting you, our customers, paid faster.
    Therefore the “Powered by Xero” footer will remain in place, however we will be reducing its size, better integrating it into a redesigned email experience…

4. I would like to protest the removal of the ASB direct bank link for paying invoices.

The attraction of Xero is that it makes it faster and easier to run a business. The direct payment link was one of the features I appreciated most as it removed the friction from the process of monthly bill payments.

Connecting and interacting with your bank electronically is one of the key deliverables of Xero webware and it seems daft to remove it.

Can Xero review this decision please?

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate the interest and rationale in wanting to be able to keep the direct payment link feature. Unfortunately, due to low usage levels, we did make the difficult decision to retire this functionality to focus on other products and features that are more heavily used by our customers. We’re sorry this is disappointing.

5. What I like that you added:
    * Saving as draft!
    * New Due Date drop-down selections (e.g. 14 days)

What I do not like:
    * No "add another invoice" option after save + print PDF, more clicks now
    * When save + print PDF, now opens a new tab that needs closed, more clicks
    * Cannot "copy" the invoice line "item" - I usually create many lines that I used to be able to copy & paste the "item", now more clicks
    * Too much whitespace and font too large, I want to be able to see the data w/o…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on new invoicing. We’re listening carefully to all feedback to make sure new invoicing has the functionality you need, as we prepare for retirement of the classic version.
    We recognise that some things will be different, so we encourage you to spend some time familiarising yourself with the new version. We also believe all small businesses and advisors around the world can benefit from Xero, which is why we’re deeply committed to accessibility. We’re confident that in time, new invoicing will become easy to use and that you’ll enjoy the benefits of us being able to provide much more value on that platform quicker.

There's some improvements we have made to enhance workflow. For example when you create a new invoice the cursor will begin in the Contacts field, from here you can tab through all fields of your invoice to enter detail. We’ve…

6. Currently, when preparing financial statements or other reports in Xero, you have to export the report to PDF to work out if you will need to insert page breaks to keep all related content on one page, or to ensure that a heading doesn't end up on one page and the information on the next. This can sometimes mean exporting a report multiple times if there are multiple page breaks required.

It would be helpful if in the drafting stage, Xero reports showed some sort of indicator (i.e. a dotted line), so that you could identify where a page would…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, further to our last update, our product team have done more research and user testing with regards to a solution they had in mind for this idea.

However, as a result they found that introducing the ability to see page breaks, via a print preview type tool, would interrupt other workflows.

As a global business with many requests for our different regions and needs, we have the responsibility to carefully balance what we prioritise, and so we want to be upfront that this is not something we'll be developing.

7. New invoicing version makes me tick 'Include files as attachments' for every invoice I send off, whereas the old invoicing remembered my defaults. I prefer the old way where my preferences were saved.

New invoicing also cannot preview attachments, it always has to open a new tab to view an attachment. Old invoicing I could preview an attachment on a pop up within the same browser tab. I prefer just viewing the attachment quick within the same screen, I personally don't like having another tab that needs closing.

Invoicing notes are inaccurate. For example; the system keeps marking invoiced as…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback on how you'd like to see new invoicing developed. All your feedback here is being shared with the team as they continue to iterate and develop this new experience. 

That said, in order for us to get a better understanding of interest for the different points raised here it's best for us to track and update any progress on these each separately. We appear to have ideas for each of the points mentioned in the thread here and I've linked these below so you can join and follow any updates for each. 

8. It would be great if we could add ageing on client/customer statements. (Current, 30, 60, 90 days) Many clients have requested that the ageing be displayed on their statements. Current, overdue and total isn't detailed enough..

375 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everybody, coming across from the previous forums we know this idea has a lot of interest.

There is a way of using Xero's reports to accomplish what you're asking here and save the format so you can easily access and send this report to your customers outside of Xero.

Running the Aged Receivables detail report you can choose how many ageing periods you'd like to show and set the period to '30 days'. Simply Filter the report by Contact and Update to run.

• Once you've got it set up, save as Custom so you can easily access this format anytime
    • If you deal with groups of contacts this also means you could Filter for multiple contacts to combine the view into one report rather than multiple customer statements 🙂
    • Export the report to PDF, where you can send to customers from your email system outside of Xero

We appreciate…

9. There are so many disadvantages to the new invoicing. All my points have been covered in previous ideas so have voted for them. This note is to add my frustrations to everyone else's on this supposed "faster" way to invoice.

I have even had a customer say the GST was wrong and had to revert to the classic invoicing to fix then return to the new version.

This whole new version is not my favourite and I will be recommended to my clients to consider other software if these Xero "improvements" continue to disappoint. There are other improvements that disappoint…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, Kathy - I've made sure your feedback here has also been shared with our product team and thank you for also adding your voice and votes to specific ideas across the forums here. 

We will move the thread here itself to not planned, however we will continue to iterate new invoicing to keep improving the experience for all our customers. 

10. In XPM you can create a time entry for a Job you are not assigned to. However this is not possible if we are making the time entry through the API.

The API should offer that possibility as it is the same as in the brows.er

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New invoicing has to go, it is aboslute rubbish and does not work, The new reporting si so bad and hard to work along with the latest change I will likely leave. And no one at xero wants to talk to you, and one reply i saw was basically gaslighting every one into a tough ti..ies it is changing. keep old invoices, and work on weaknesses like inventory for small businesses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear you're not liking some of our changes in Xero, Fiona. I've made sure to share your feedback here with the team but want to be honest that we will be retiring classic invoicing in September and we will move the idea here to not planned. However, that said we are committed to continuing to build on new invoicing. 

I understand you've seen some of our responses elsewhere and as you may have seen some of the ideas on the site that relate to changes that you'd like to see I encourage you add your vote and join these for any updates. If there's not an existing idea for a particular change you'd like to see please do add it, our product team are taking on board all feedback we're receiving on this. 

12. It seems to calculate values (unrealised gains) for international transactions we need exchange rates.

However after retrieving the rates from XE.com, as well as another provider, we are unable to pull the exact FX values used by Xero, which means we cannot recreate the value from Xero reports. This interferes with our ability to automatically reconcile and may cause confusion for accountants if they cross check.

Xero support advised us that they pull live FX rates at 11pm of the timezone of the organisation, however in general it is not possible to pull these live rates historically from XE.com.

We…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brendan, appreciate the detail provided along with your idea here. We have a separate community forum where you can log ideas related to improvements for Xero's API. While they have a few ideas around exchange rates what you've raised doesn't appear to have been requested yet. 

We'll close the idea in this forum but you're welcome to copy and paste your detail from this to create a new idea in the forum there where others interested can join and we have experts that can keep you updated of any changes surrounding this. Thanks 

13. I have a real estate client who wants to track clientID and Postcode but also Agent name and property value range. I can only use 2 categories and so have had to make a number of Item codes for each agent 30+ codes per agent in order to do this. If we could have more than 2 tracking categories that would be great!

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate all the interest in Tracking. As widely used as this feature is we have no plans at this point to develop and extend the current limitations of Tracking in Xero.

As some here may have explored - there are connected apps that may serve some of the needs of Tracking, as well as Xero Projects for those looking to monitor and record finite business projects or jobs.

If there's any change, we'll return here to update.

You're welcome to continue to share detail of how increasing options for tracking could benefit your business, however we want to be transparent in our  position, so you can make the best decision as needed for your business.

14. Bank feed - it would be great for small self employed businesses who do not need a full Xero subscription to be able to link their bank account and categorise their business transactions. Similar to Coconut so that you can link personal accounts and pull in business transactions that have gone through.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for engaging with us here on Xero Product Ideas. As you'll have recently seen in our communications - We have spent the last year testing and refining Xero Go and after completing a careful review to understand the future of the product, we found greater investment was required to meet the changing customer needs and expectations around the product.  

As a result, we will be retiring Xero Go on 12 September 2024, and will move this idea to not planned.  We really appreciate the support from you all who have been using the app during this free period.

15. I like the ability to send invoices directly to my client via the Xero Network. I thought this feature had disappeared but I figured out that it was only available if I clicked on 'switch to classic invoicing' first. I would like the ability to send invoices using the Xero Network in your 'New Invoicing' screen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest and hearing you make use of the Xero to Xero Network key currently. 

You may have heard of eInvoicing which is enabled through the Peppol network, and provides a very similar service to what Xero to Xero does. 

With this new initiative in place we don't intend to develop new invoicing for Xero to Xero. Instead we'd recommend looking into eInvoicing and setting this up for your business where possible. Though not available in all regions at present, as more regions do adopt this'll extend the networks reach, too. 

16. In original invoicing the Chrome CopyTables extension worked to copy the data from the invoice into Excel for creating pivot tables; that feature doesn't work in new invoicing. We work with multiple vendors on a single project and it's significantly easier to place those orders by copying the tables from Xero into Excel and creating a pivot table. If the base code can't be adjusted to work with extensions like that than being able to export an invoice as a CSV would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, appreciate the feedback however this is something you'd need to contact Chrome about in relation to how their extension works and if any change can be made to apply to Xero's new invoicing 

17. It would be great to have the functionality for Partners/Accountant to be able to view Xero Go files as you would in a cashbook, ledger or business edition organisation, by seeing a preview of the document without having to download it.

This was the case when Xero Go was initially came out and only an odd invoice needed downloading, now it is all of them, across various clients.

I would take a guess there may be an issue with the app and photos it takes, these are jpeg and should just come up automatically when we view them. A fix…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for engaging with us here on Xero Product Ideas. As you'll have recently seen in our communications - We have spent the last year testing and refining Xero Go and after completing a careful review to understand the future of the product, we found greater investment was required to meet the changing customer needs and expectations around the product.  As a result, we will be retiring Xero Go on 12 September 2024, and will move this idea to not planned.  We really appreciate the support from you all who have been using the app during this free period.

18. We have a lot of clients that make payments on account that don't match invoices.

For example they may have a food supplier who they pay £500 a week but this doesn't match any invoices.

It would be beneficial if we could set up a Bank Rule so that these payments are automatically treated as overpayments to the designated supplier ledger.

Currently we have to go "add details", select "overpayment", put in supplier name, then "save transaction" for every single one. A Bank Rule would do them all in the press of a button and save a lot of time.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while it's really great to see how many of our users are making use of automating reconciliation by setting up Bank Rules, priorities lye in other areas of Bank Reconciliation for the team at present.

We know where our customers would like to see our attention when we have resource to broaden horizons in the space of Bank Rules and Overpayments will be high on this list when the time comes.

To confirm there is no work planned atm, but we'll share if and when this changes.

19. Where the "Reporting Name" feature is used when creating accounts, it would be great to be able to select either account name or reporting name when running reports such as the BS, P&L or trial balance

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate all the valuable feedback and ideas shared here.

We can see how reporting names would be confusing to clients, so I’m pleased to let you know that our product team have recently made a change that means they are not visible for non-adviser reports 😁 This means the reporting name is only visible on templates within the Xero Business Edition and non-adviser users will always see the Chart of Account name when running their reports.

Reading through the comments here and via our support team, the main need is for clients to understand their reports, which means viewing them by COA. To be open and upfront we don't have direct plans to work on a toggle in the foreseeable future so we're moving this idea to 'not planned'.

20. To be able to sort Pay Employees by Surname and it holds them in that order instead of refreshing

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hiya community, thanks for your support in this. Totally get why you may want to set the default view to sort by surname in Payroll. Being open, with many of the teams resource working hard to fine tune payroll for STP phase 2 there are no direct plans for developing the option to set a default for sorting of employees atm.

To confirm, right now from your list of employees you can click on the column header to sort ascending or descending alphabetically - So, once on the screen you can click Last name to sort your employees by this column.

We'll update again if there's any change planned.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?