Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1352 results found

1. I still don't understand why Xero rounds any amounts? Could we have an option to disable all rounding in Xero. I have just left MYOB after 10 years, they never did anything like this. I moved to Xero on advice from my accountant, starting to regret this! Leave it as an option for whoever is rounding stuff (very werid), but please give me a checkbox that totally disables rounding. Please!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reports - Date Option - Start of Fiscal Year to End of Last month

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto-reconciliation for transactions and invoices/bills - I appreciate that the manual reconciliation is to allow for oversight and management of transactions, but when you have several thousand transactions in a month, reconciling them all is very tedious, especially when 99% of them is just clicking "OK" after checking that the names/references match!

Auto-reconciliation would be an amazing timesaver, even if it was just for transactions where the references or customer names onn payment and invoice/bill match. Please consider adding this!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When running the Transactions by box number tab of the GST F5 Return, the Invoice Number will not be shown if we have already entered a reference on the invoice.

If there is no reference entered, Xero will then show the Invoice Number under the 'Reference' column instead. Screenshot attached.

This makes it difficult to do checking as most users do use the reference when creating invoice but showing the reference usually does not have much significance to the accountant/bookkeeper who is doing the checks for GST submission.

We do hope that the Invoice Number column can also be shown…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When sending an email from an email client, you have the ability to ask for a delivery receipt - for notification when the email arrives at the destination server. I'd like the same ability when I send an invoice by email from Xero.

Currently, in order to get an email delivery receipt, I have to send the invoice to myself via Xero (so that I have the links in the email correct) and then forward using an email client to the customer. Obviously, from an audit trail point of view, this is suboptimal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi there, I would like to be able to assign line items (that are the same) on a bill to multiple customers.

i.e. 2 x oil filters, assign ONE of each to separate customers without having to enter them on separate lines on the bill to do so.

Also, when creating an invoice and viewing "items to assign to a customer" I would like to be able to see the Supplier AND their invoice number in that list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When searching for transactions, be they Invoices or Bills, it would be handy if the Search Box/Panel could be pinned in place. It is time consuming when changing from bills/invoices awaiting payment or paid to then search in a different section, the criteria needs to be re-entered. Double entry takes time that could be best suited doing other things. This would also be handy when searching bank transactions across multiple bank accounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Once a GST return is filed, rather than creating a bill could there be an option to 'convert this GST return into a bill'? Then it will sit in the payables report (as a reminder to set the payment!)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Should be an added feature of having the option to set a standard credit limit at the one time for all customers instead of having to enter each one individually. This can be edited for each customer later on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Draft Bills - Ability to create Credits from Draft Bill sent directly to Xero email

Suppliers email credits as well as Bills, why not have the ability to process a bill or credit through this area, a supplier is not going to invoice credits to one email address and invoices to another. Why can we not select if it is a bill or credit and process.

Purpose: to allow processing of credits through the Draft Bills seamless

cost effective: reduce the need for additional software such as dext or hubdoc, use xero.

Current process: open the Draft Credit, download the…

220 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest here, everyone. Being open this isn't something we have current plans for. 

Thanks for noting the optional paths atm, Paula! Understand it's not the solution being asked here however for those that haven't already we'd recommend looking to connect Hubdoc to help automate the process. 🙂

12. When exporting the profit and loss transactions it would be amazing for one of the columns to show the Contact in isolation rather than merging the contact and description into one field. This would allow much easier spreadsheet analysis by contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some integrations require firms to have XPM for their practice manager software. Xero blue synchs with XPM but Xero Projects does not - which presents a real issue when trying to use XPM integrations like FYI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I’m moving from an existing system to Xero, so need to enter my new data into Xero for the current financial year which the accountant then files with HMRC. But at the same time I need to import my older data without affecting the current filings. All the accountant can do is to lock the accounts from a date backwards, which means I cannot enter my old data.
    All I want is to be able to lock financial years, enter the old data and then use Xero to identify if the accountant needs to make any future adjustments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When emailing an invoice to a customer there is an option to insert a link to the invoice. However the link is always placed at the end of the message and I have to cut and paste it where I want it in the message.

Could the link not be inserted where the active cursor is instead? Saving the user the hassle of moving the link.

See mock up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is no warning that states that transaction can be missed when the bank feed is being renewed.

There should be a warning stating that during the time of renewal of bank feeds you will need to check in ensure all transaction/ stateliness have imported as some could be missed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a workaround for an issue caused by the obsolete Xero payroll service, Xero support suggested that I use the "edit layout" feature to group 2 accounts in the report. However, Trial Balance does not have an "edit layout" button, so I am stuck displaying 2 accounts that have canceling balances. One of the accounts is the system Accounts Payable account so I am not able to resolve the issue "correctly" with a manual journal entry. Editing the report layout is my only option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Square & Paypal payment texts.

Currently if I add square and paypal payment options to my invoice the Pay Now pop up at the customer end is confusing. The 3rd option which is a Paypal guest passthrough for credit/ debit cards does not have paypal branding. So customers might be confused by options 1 and 3 and I might have to pay more for paypal fees when not needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to include serial number and warranty on Fixed Asset reports

2 votes

We're glad you're here