Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

34 results found

1. When downloading or sending statement to Client be able to Edit what can be seen - ie the Reference column isn't big enough to show a large PO number or reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is a basic need. In the past, it was possible to set VAT country as NONE to add the tax number, now in the new UI is not possible, since the UI requires selecting a country. Please fix that as soon as possible, since we need to add the tax number on the invoice to non-EU countries!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone 😊

This has now been changed so that you can edit the Financial Details for a contact, and set VAT to None, then enter a tax number for them.

There's more detail on this here: Edit a contact

3. Would it be possible to add a link to each invoice that the customer can use to view all their outstanding invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Candice, this is already possible. There is a link that you can choose to include when sending an invoice to a customer from Xero that they'll be able to click through and view all outstanding invoices they have with you - See more on this here

For security the user email that clicks on the link will need to be listed on the contact record in your org, otherwise they'll receive an error. 

4. Contacts-Smart link for Suppliers

Purpose: the ability to run a report of all suppliers bills activity summary within a date range

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, this is available through the Payable Invoice Detail or Summary reports at present which can be filtered for a specific supplier. Alternatively, you could run the Supplier Invoice Bills Activity report (found in the Contact Transactions Summary) 

If you're interested in seeing this connected and auto filtered from a contacts record in Xero, we have an idea for this across here that you're welcome to support & follow for update. Thanks 

5. When viewing a contact it would be helpful to have all the invoices or bills listed by "date". Currently they are listed by "activity date" but that is not relevant if I'm searching for an invoice. It can be changed manually, by clicking "date" twice (first time it brings oldest to the top!), but it's a very basic normal thing to look for invoices by the invoice date.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customer has asked if there is a link that would enable them to see current and historic invoices - apparently there isn't a way to do this.

Background: we email customers invoices every week through Xero. Occasionally the email's fail to arrive although Xero says they have been sent.

Our customer has said 'surely there is a page where I can see current and past invoices so I don't have to hassle you'

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A Customer Activity statement would be a good first measure, Jane. 

Appreciate it doesn't help where there email is not received - when initially sending invoices, it could be good to include both the online invoice link and a copy of the PDF so your customer has 2 routes to be able to look these up later. 

You could also look to set up and include a link for your customers to view 'Outstanding bills' online.

7. New VAT numbers have been introduced for Northern Ireland - starting with XI. Xero rejects these new VAT numbers with both UK & Ireland options in the country box. Can you please update Xero to accept the new NI VAT numbers. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing back on this, Liesl. Checking in with our team I'm pleased to share this is possible. 

While Northern Ireland isn't a direct option in the drop-down menu, you'll see there's a 'None' option - Selecting this will allow you to enter the VAT number in any format, such as you've noted here 🙂

8. To be able to create a Mailer list of our customers with all the relevant details on an excel worksheet, for example, Name / Address / Contact name / e-mail details, etc. The report would allow us to fill in the period of time we require to see when new customers had started with the company, and customers that have purchased within a certain period of time, for example for the last 2 years.

This would assist when we need to create, reporting for sales, labels for a mailer to send out marketing information and also if we wish to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the NZBN field so that it is in the "Contact Details" section instead of the "Financial Details" section. This would enable the NZBN to be visible to, and sync with, Hubspot. As it stands the bi-directional Xero-Hubspot integration cannot see the NZBN field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tony 👋, the team have made some smaller changes since the release of the new Contacts add/edit screens. 

We appreciate the feedback from our customers and based on some of this the team have moved the NZBN field back within the Contact details section. 🙂

10. "I have just read another closed thread, about community users votes having increased to 10, so am starting this new one as suggested by Brittany in that closed thread...

I don't go looking for features to vote on, but do search community for existing conversations on anything I am having issues with in Xero, either for answers on overcoming it, or to vote on an improvement to something that is directly impacting on efficiency of my staff and functionality we use in Xero.

I have just exhausted my 10 votes, didn't know I had a limit til then.
    I manually…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as many who previously engaged with the Feature Requests forums will have noticed - with the launch of Xero Product Ideas you now have unlimited votes to place across all the different ideas here. 

Along with this, let us know the value the idea itself would have to your business! Thanks 🙂

11. Since the update, we can no longer search by customer account number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to only show invoices and payments in the report.

Purpose: To show simpler information when seeing customer activity reports.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, and apologies for the late update here but I'm switching this idea across to delivered!

Our Customer Invoice Activity report can now be filtered to include only certain transactions types 🎉 To show just the invoices and payments, you can filter the Source by Receivable Invoices and Receivable Payments.

For more information check out our Customer Invoice Activity report.

Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate your contributions.

13. On the main Contacts page, please display newly added contacts first or enable a search for recently added contacts. I have Zapier auto importing contact details and this would make things easier. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could you please make it possible to add the group info when you create a contact?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our team on Contacts made a change a few months back that allows you to add a group to the contact directly from the contact details screen.
    When you create a new contact, you're directed to the contact details screen. From here, just select the 'Options' menu where you'll see 'Add to group'. :)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?