For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. We love the idea of linking our Outlook 365 emails to Contacts in our practice Xero but I can't see my colleagues emails and she can't see mine unless we add them to the clients activity. At the moment, we will have to add each email one at a time. The ability to "bulk add" to activity would be a game changer as my other team members would be able to share their emails with us too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry no one's updated on the idea here sooner. With low partner usage and the big investment required for upkeep, we retired this integration from March 2022. 

The app was removed from Outlook meaning you can no longer save emails against client records in Xero HQ. 

There are alternative ways of saving emails against client records, which you may want to explore in the Xero App Store

2. Please allow for more characters fit in each Description Field line of the tax return. Currently there is a limit of 30 characters on each line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for engaging and raising your idea here, Dennis.

I've checked in with our AU Tax product team and can confirm that the ATO have a maximum description field length of 30 characters, which is why we also have the same limitation.

With this in mind, I do want to be honest that we don't have plans to change this on our end.

3. Please add the numbers to to the 2022 IR3 template for Keypoints 22 & 23.
    This makes navigation of the return a bit easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea here, Sarah. Our team have explored the complexity behind this change, however without a lot of work to the form it's not possible to add key points for 22 & 23. We'll close this idea and want to be open that this isn't something we'll be looking to develop.  

4. I've got a form for vendors to submit details and upload their W-9. The Zapier integration with Xero allows me to use their details to create a Contact, saving lots of time, but it doesn't have the ability to attach files to Contacts, so I have to do it manually.

Other actions for Xero in Zapier like "Create Bill" allow you to upload files, but "
    Create/Update Contact" does not. Seems like it wouldn't take much to enable this feature, and it would allow me to have this process fully automated instead of 90%.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate hearing how enhancing the integration with Zapier would help your business efficiencies, Thomas. 

Many applications have designed and built their integrations with Xero themselves. It would be up to Zapier to make the changes necessary to adapt their integration for what you're asking here. 

I want to be open that we don't have direct plans for developing individual applications but if you haven't already I'd recommend approaching Zapier on your ideas here. 

5. I had posted EXTENSIVELY on the old platform https://community.xero.com/business/topic/23/ of feature requests, and now its all gone.

You should have notified users so we could have exported to save and post again here. Now its gone and you've started afresh. I can't recall all the features we mentioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christopher, we appreciate all our users involvement in the previous Feature Request forums. All content from Feature Requests - including ideas not moved over to Xero Product Ideas - has been carefully archived internally at Xero.  This includes all comments and total votes for each thread. These will continue to be used by our product teams in their research, strategy and prioritisation when considering new features for Xero.

Prior to the launch of Xero Product Ideas we communicated directly with users that had most recently posted, and also posted on our Blog to share the upcoming changes with everyone. 

While we can’t add back individual ideas/comments from Feature Requests, we encourage you to search the new site and if there’s an important idea you think has been removed, please add it back! 

6. Is it possible to add more report mapping codes?

At the moment our clients / firm have access to
    3 x "User Defined Revenue 1/2/3"
    5 x "User Defined Expense 1/2/3/4/5"

Can we create more? 6, 7, 8, ... ?

It would be beneficial when we are generating reports using the same firm template (ie Company - Single Director) for different clients who have expenses/revenue specific to their business that need to be grouped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for the feedback, and your contributions here over the years.

You'll have seen over this time that we've made significant changes to Reporting in Xero, with the release and on-going iterations in Report Templates, superseding Report Packs.
    Having presented your request here to the Product team, I do want to come back and confirm that we will not be developing the ability to create user defined report code and I'll close this thread to return your votes back to use on another request.

We really value your input here, and while there's the possibility of more Xero defined codes down the line, being open user defined codes are outside this scope.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?