Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1408 results found

1. Add a Pay-To Name that is different than the name of the Vendor. Explanation: I have a handful of Vendors who have hired out billing companies like Wells Fargo to handle their Accounts Receivable. In Xero I only get to name the Contact by the Pay-To Name which is very messy and meaningless when adding invoices and matching invoices to Vendors.For my business this is an urgent matter that needs to be addressed. *As a retailer, I only do accounts payable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to have the option to select multiple projects at once, e.g. Like there is for transactions. This would provide so much better management of projects. Currently it is is soooo slow to delete projects. Each deletion requires three clicks of the mouse and then the page refreshes. Such basic functionality which would be transformative in managing lots of projects.

In addition in the API there is no way to bulk delete projects either. Very frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. REMEMBER PRODUCT PRICE CHANGES

Let's say you have a product you sell, and when last purchased, its cost was $5.00. Now you have purchased it 2 months later and it's cost is now $10.00, when you enter that bill, Xero should recognise that product is now costing $10.00 and change it in your inventory so it remembers it next time you enter that same part number... Instead of having to edit the price every time you enter an invoice with that same product - even just a pop up box when you close the invoice that says something along the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. at the moment in the new invoicing system, if a price is deleted from a line and not replaced with 0.00 it is not automatically zero'd out so the the line total remains what it was before the price was removed. should automatically update as soon as the number is removed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So far I know Xero only have features of sending overdue invoice reminder to customers, but in absence of the feature I mentioned. This feature is good for the operation.
    The invoice overdue days could be set by us and automatically send the notification to our preset email address once the overdue day came. So that, our customer services staff can easily be notified all the overdue invoice and doing their followup tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Increase the character limit for invoice and quote terms for the standard invoice template.
    Currently the limit is 1000 characters and that is not enough. Please please look into this! It is so important to be able to have terms in the body of the invoice and very useful to be able to use the terms section for this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The cash flow currently picks up bills to be paid on a specific date in the cash flow but if you set up a payment in advance and mark as paid in Xero, the bill disappears all together from the cash flow.

The manual workaround is to "Add upcoming money in or out" but I would have expected Xero to pick them up as payments already set up on the bank account.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would love to group select untracked expenses in Projects then drag and drop them into their expense category

If the untracked expense could sit in one column and the expense category in another that would be amazing so you can easily reference the category then drop accross from column to column

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If I already have a bank feed setup for an account and then go to add another bank feed, the system skips the screen where I choose the bank. I have bank accounts at more than one bank and unless I disconnect every feed I have setup, Xero skips the bank choice screen and ASSUMES it's at the bank I already have a feed for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to bulk update staff charge out rates in Project Tasks. Running many projects and therefore many many in progress tasks. Needing to duplicate a task and create a new charge rate is both tedious and cumbersome. Unless you export to excel and manually change data, you are unable to get an accurate snap shot of the financial status of the project as charge out rates are outdated. Currently when exporting invoices, I am needing to individually update staff rates to reflect the current times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It'd be nice for there to be a 'Summary' view in Xero where the client can go to see and address all transactions with 'Discuss' comments.

It'd be nice to send the client a link directly to this view, or to be able to send a notification (with automated reminders) directly from Xero prompting the client to address these comments, WITH a link that takes them right to this view.

In this view, it'd be nice to...
    (1) see which user posted each comment,
    (2) be able to upload support directly into each transaction (which then stays with the transaction…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To add a function where you can input order confirmations for purchase orders. To enable quick review of what PO's have & haven't been confirmed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the ability to rename the PDF file attachment so when you update your system to send Estimates you can rename the PDF as they always get sent as quote and this is unable to be changed or you can have the PDF file name anything you like just having the option would be nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the Bills page, the New Bill button has been moved top right. More distance to travel = more time wasted. Need to look harder to find it too because it isn't where it was and the New invoice button still is. No - the new colour doesn't help that much as I am colour blind. Could you please move the New bill button back to top left of the screen like the New invoice button ?

When I enter a bill where there is an outstanding credit, I go and Allocate credit. Great but after doing that the screen…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to know Potential Gross Profit when Quoting ( Obviously ! ).
    Potential Gross Profit = Estimated Charge minus Estimated Cost.

I understand that Project Details reports and Project Summary reports require Time Spent to be entered or an Invoice to be generated before Gross Profit can be shown.

But for Quotes we do not wish to generate an Invoice or record Time Spent, because a Quote is not a Project until it is awarded/won and does not require an Invoice until the Project is complete.

Please can we have the capability to look at Potential Gross Profit equals…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Being able to filter on the Short-Term Cash flow would be very helpful. For example, if I create an invoice but haven't sent it yet, it's included in the projected income, but if I can tell the report to only show invoices that have been "Sent" it would only include invoices that have actually been sent to the client.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Requested that Xero pull the project names to put on invoices. The information is already entered, would be a big time saver to auto-populated to project name on an invoice rather than manually typing it in

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We use a lot of tracking options on our bills and invoices, sometimes we need to refer back to a particular bill in that tracking option for VAT treatment as an example, but the only way I have found to do that aside from opening each bill individually through the list to find the right category, is to run a tracking summary report, select the particular one and check the expenses - it would be much simpler to be able to see the tracking category alongside the bills to pay screen so you can easily open a bill for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you enter a bill and save it as a draft or approve a bill up the top it gives you the option to enter a new bill but it doesn't give you the option to enter a credit note. Because I can click add a new bill I enter all my invoices first but if Xero gave me the option to enter a credit note I would use this very much. Right now I have 14 supplier credit notes to enter and that is not unusual and it is very time consuming having to go back to the bill…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be really helpful if I could see the dollar amount of bills paid in a date range / selection.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?