Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

23 results found

1. We receive an email each month with a link to the invoice, which we can then print to a pdf to download & attach to another email to send to Hubdoc or Xero Bills.
    Many businesses have a 'do not click links' policy.
    Please attach the pdf invoice to the original email to save all your users those extra clicks.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Dear Xero

I'm a user of your Standard business plan and happy to pay for this service, but also a user of your Starter Plan for another business in another country and it has some limitations which really need attention for small business owners who don't do much accounting.

The limit of 5 bills a month has to be increased to at least 10 which seams fair for a small business. I don't see the value of your price increase for basic features we need.

The other issue with 5 bills its allocated to each month, so should you have…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I feel that there is a poor level of dialogue from Xero on these ideas. For the top voted topics - I'd like communication as to what they're doing to implement a solution (and if not then why not).
    For the ideas that are years old but still receive steady votes - what's happening?

If Xero have no plans to take on certain ideas then make it known.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul-John, appreciate your feedback here. Our team are constantly reviewing new as well as sharing and rallying for many of the trending ideas across the site here. 

Hopefully you feel more of the interaction overtime. 

We take ideas seriously and this does mean sometime may need to be put into evaluating an idea internally before it's position is updated in the community here. There are many factors that weigh into the product decision and development process that extend beyond the site alone and some ideas require careful consideration from multiple areas and people throughout the business. Where possible we will do our best to openly set expectation and you can use the Status of an idea to better understand it's position. 

4. Add the option for multi currency to other subscription types.

Currently the only way to use multi-currency is to upgrade to the Xero Established/Premium or Ultimate pricing plan. For a sole trader that doesn't need all the extra features of those plans, that is a minimum price increase of over double the starter plan.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A number of small companies who will never increase business due of the nature of their business for example a property management company who looks after an apartment block. These companies never reach the maximum number of invoices in a given year, however may go over the limit if they invoice on a quarterly basis. Also the companies by their nature may have over 5 bills in any given month, they sometimes get 5-6 bills for electricity/gas plus other maintenance invoices in a given month. They are exempt of VAT so they don't use this facility. They are so small…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know it's kind of an insane idea, but what about chat or even phone-based customer service support so that Xero subscribers don't have to wait several hours (or longer) to get a response from a Xero team member when they have a pressing account issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have an itemised subscription invoice by Xero Organisation, so that it is easy for us to on charge the costs to our clients.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In this forum, I'd like to see a list of my own ideas, so that I can see if there's been any updates since I was last here

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is ridiculous that you are forced to set a calendar reminder to come back and downgrade a Xero Subscription in a month's time.
    A client may need to increase their subscription purely to account for the crossover period of one staff member leaving and a new one starting and whilst we have no issue paying the additional for the one extra employee, to make it impossible to downgrade for a month after that upgrade is a pathetic cash grab by Xero.
    Make it possible to downgrade the file immediately and have it take effect from the future date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We don't have a mastercard or visa, only an American Express card. I'd like to pay by AmEx like a do for a lot of our other vendors. Can you kindly arrange that?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Just a small business that needs only the most basic from xero. Payroll and bank accounts.
    Can "bank account reconcilation" be an add-on to the payroll subscription. Seems a waste to upgrade to standard when invoicing, bills, hubdoc etc are required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. send notifications for declined expenses (Xero Expenses). the only notification send is for approve expenses but not for declined expenses

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow casual, one off, expense claims WITHOUT needing to purchase the "Expenses" subscription.

I am the treasurer of a Men's Shed and, occasionally, members use personal funds (either card or cash) for Shed expenses, generating an expense claim. These are rare, usually one off, and might not occur again.

Could an exception be allowed for this, within the software, that would allow a one off expense to be recorded? This could then then trigger the need to purchase the "Expense" module if that person had any future expense claims within, say, 12 or 18 months.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The discussions topics in the forum. I cant filter by most recent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Helen. Always good to hear how we could be improving the community for all our users too! 🙂

Appreciate not possible from the Topics list in Xero central atm, however just in case you hadn't seen you can use the search bar, select 'Discussions' to filter the content and you'll have sort options of Relevancy, Newest & Oldest. We'll keep an eye on the appetite, and I'll share any plan of change to the navigation with you here. 

15. Please sort the ideas by category not which are being worked on or not

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In Australia one of the criteria to classify as a "small buisiness" is to have 15 or less employees.

Could this also be reflected in Xero's pricing which jumps from 10 employees on payroll to 20.

It would be nice to have a meet half way mark with a fair price for 15 employess.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hey, team
    Can you set up an online service, that would be easier and save times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, just checking with you again here. What sort of online service were you thinking? Xero is a cloud based product and available online, but I suspect there’s a specific feature that you’d like to see? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you :)

18. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is often hard to locate/remember webpages or sections in the Xero environment.
    Instead of showing only Support and Learning in the top bar on the Xero Central home page, it would be great if Xero Central additionally showed across the top: Product Ideas, Blog, Discussions or Xero Business Community, etc. This probably would be somewhat tied to the user's profile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear how we could be making our support and Xero resources more accessible for users - Thanks for sharing, Ted!

We're continuously thinking about how this space will evolve - Most recently we've made improvments to the search to make it easier to filter and search across articles, discussions and learning without having to jump between tabs of Xero central 😊

I've made sure to share your feedback - We'll keep track of your idea here and let you know if there's any news around this. 

20. There is not possibility to use prepaid cards (e.g. SOLDO) when paying for subscriptions in GLOBAL regions. It was possible in the past. Please allow this feature again, as we see no reason for omitting this payment option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?