Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. New invoicing has introduced more clicks, taps, steps at almost every level.
    Please remove the added friction as it increases processing time.

The "new invoicing" messages are full of comments regarding where these pressure points have been added.
    We are paid subscribers, and beta testing/seeking feedback is wonderful, but being forced onto an inferior model is.. suboptimal.

429 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thank you to those that engaged our team through the research of the new invoicing layout. With help and input from you all we have released improvements to the layout of new invoicing that involves shifting the placement of some fields and buttons which has also helped to reduce white space and condense the view.
    Hearing about the differing flows and how many customers enter data when invoicing has helped inform where fields and buttons are now placed, and in many cases helps speed up the entry of your invoicing data.
    We’re continuing to explore improvements such as default options, keyboard entry of fields and pathways when adding additional options within the invoicing grid (such as Tracking, or Accounts), and we have individual ideas for these elements that we’d encourage you to join and support, which I’ve listed below.

2. Please leave the history of an invoice EXACTLY as it was in the classic invoicing.

The new invoicing doesn't show the invoice that it was copied from or copied to and this is very important as a trail.

I really don't understand why so many important features from the classic invoicing has been omitted.

OR

let your customers continue using the classic invoicing as they like

391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as another step toward improving history of new invoicing you'll find you'll now see an entry when an invoice is sent, and the email address it has been sent to. 

We appreciate this is something we've heard a fair amount of feedback on and we hope helps in your journey to using new invoicing. 

We still have more enhancements on the way for history and I'll be back again when more updates land. 

3. Have less white space on new invoicing as it fills screen. The notes section which is in contacts 4000 chars make visable and editable on the new invoice page so we can see it whilst creating and invoice. We dont then have to keep jumping from one page to the next.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to everyone that participated in and shared back on the team’s research in the new invoicing layout. Taking your feedback on board our teams have made some improvements to the layout of new invoicing, including changes to the layout of fields and buttons.
    By rearranging and condensing space between fields, you’ll find there is less white space than previously shown, making it easier to navigate and tab through fields when entering your invoices.

We’re actively looking into changes within the invoicing grid that’ll go further to condensing information on the screen and reducing actions when entering your invoices. We’ll update as there is more information to share on this.

4. On the old invoices/bills I could type "18/2/23" and it would auto fill 18th February 2023. Now I have to scroll back multiple months to get there. It would be good if I could type in the date field boxes again. Specifically on "Add Payment"

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, as you may have noticed we've made a change to the Invoice Date and Due Date fields that now allows you to type in these fields rather than having to select a date from the calendar drop down. It does still require entering delimiters between day month and year such as a '.' or '/' (we understand there are a few situations when entering US date formats and are continuing to look into this).

We're working on also adding this functionality to the Payment date, and I'll keep you in the know of when this is made available, here.

5. Notifications on xero to alert you that an employees age has increased due to a birthday, as they may have hit a new age bracket in the wage rates and they could be getting underpaid if not noticed. Example - employee goes from age 20 to 21 this would mean that if they are on the 18-20 year old wage rate and they are on the £7.49 once they turned 21 they should then be on £10.18. so notification of birthdays would help keep you aware of age changes.

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we're currently working on a feature that will automate the process of updating employees' NI categories. When released Xero payroll will automatically update the NI categories of employees who are transitioning out of their current category. This ensures that the calculation of NI contributions in the Pay run is accurate, and the correct amount is paid to HMRC.

Rather than having to notify, and then you needing to update this yourself Xero will save you this step and do it for you!

I'll come back to share when this is released for you all, here.

6. Ability to create and save multiple addresses for a single contact record

Purpose: Allow customers to map customer & supplier details against a single contact record

1,030 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, we understand your needs in this feature and want to assure you were taking on board all your feedback. 

As many of you accustom to this idea will know, multiple addresses requires a complex solution. It's been something we’ve been moving towards for some time and we’ve done a lot of back end work that will allow us to bring it to you in the future. 

We have 12 different products within Xero that rely on contact data, as well as many of our app partners. This means that contacts need to seamlessly flow across technology, products and all connections on Xero. And that’s exactly what we’ve been working on. 

One of the reasons we announced the retirement of classic invoicing is because many of the features being asked for, just can’t be brought into classic invoicing. The old technology has too many technology limitations to enable this.…

7. There should be a support chat feature, especially for new users. Drilling through support topics and forums is cumbersome for simple questions.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we wanted to let you know about a new update to the navigation help menu that's in the process of rolling out in Xero. 

We're introducing an AI generated answer field to the content search results in the existing help box within Xero blue, HQ and Xero Me. When you search or ask a question in this box you'll receive an AI generated answer based on Xero Central support content that's displayed above the regular search results.

Introducing generative AI to our navigation help menu will help to improve the results returned by the search function, saving you time especially if you're just getting started in Xero, or doing a task you don't do often.

We aim to have this to all users over the next week, and I'll round back to confirm when available to 100%.

8. Payroll>Employees>Leave currently has leave balances in days and dollar values, this makes it difficult to determine what the amount should be either way.
    As the dollar amount may change due to pay rises or an average applied as per statutory legislation, it would be better if all fields were hours based values. This would make it consistent and easier as a consumer to use.
    As a user, I should not have to be trying to calculate what the values should be and if something doesn't appear to be right, I should not need to contact Xero to find out how…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've added you to this idea that we split away from the original one you voted for (AU & UK Payroll - Show leave balances on payslip in days and hours) as we have an exciting update applicable to NZ Payroll only.

Our product team has started some work around enabling Xero customers the ability to show Annual Leave in Weeks and FBAPS in Days👩‍💻. While in early stages at present we'll keep you updated on progress for this here!

9. Currently, when preparing financial statements or other reports in Xero, you have to export the report to PDF to work out if you will need to insert page breaks to keep all related content on one page, or to ensure that a heading doesn't end up on one page and the information on the next. This can sometimes mean exporting a report multiple times if there are multiple page breaks required.

It would be helpful if in the drafting stage, Xero reports showed some sort of indicator (i.e. a dotted line), so that you could identify where a page would…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for staying tuned with us through the idea here, everyone. We appreciate those who reached out - The team have received good feedback from their design concepts and are moving forward with work in this space. 

A key enhancement within this will be developing the ability to view page breaks within Xero, so you can see how this will impact the report. 

We're a wee way off release but with work underway we'll move the idea to working on it. Watch this space for more updates 🙂

10. If you enter a duplicate supplier invoice via an email link into Xero bills, then Xero should advise/warn you that there is already an invoice in the system with the same reference/ amount. There should be the same warning that is given when a duplicate invoice is loaded into Xero bills manually.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback from concept testing has been really useful to the team - Thanks to all participants that interacted with the team on this.

We have now moved forward with developing functionality to detect and help you identify duplicate bills in your workflow. I'll come back to share more detail on the in's and out's of this when it available to you all 🙂

11. I think the time has come to invest in AI, as a accounting software leader (Xero). Many people invest their money in AI software, like accountants, to do better / more accurate and faster budgets, forecasting (cash/accrual) mixed with different scenario's, transaction reconciliations and presentations of data/information and graphs. This usually in excel; outside the accounting software, where mistakes are likely to happen. I am not in IT, or software development/integrations, so I do not have an idea what this type of investment would cost, but my gut feeling is it would be worth it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Like your forward thinking, Johan. 

As Freya mentioned there is some AI going on in Xero already with the way Xero makes suggestions to help you reconcile your bank account. 

We recently shared some insights with our customers on our approach to generative AI with Xero and you can read more about this on our blog

Later this year you'll see Just ask Xero (JAX) be introduced and I'll round back to share once this is available. 

12. Please include the functionality of classic invoicing which allows Xero to suggest email addresses based on your previous contacts used. This is a key time saving feature in our workflow and one of only a few reasons we cannot transition over. This feature also appears to be impacting other users with a slightly different issue - https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/47697284-new-invoicing-keep-the-previous-contact-when-usi

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we're in the process of improving the copy to feature so when this is used to copy to a new invoice you can also copy the contact. This means once made available any of the details for that contact will also apply to the new invoice that's created, like the contact email and address. 

I'll move to working on it atm, and will come back to confirm once available for you. 

13. Currently if a duplicate Bill to Pay is entered this only highlights/flags as duplicate when you are first creating the Bill or are editing the bill at a later date. Once it has been approved, it no longer highlights/flags this as a potential duplicate.

It would be great if Xero could flag that this could be a duplicate in 2 places:
    1) on the bills to pay screen, somewhere out to the side (like the attachments) or perhaps the whole row in a different colour to identify that there are 2 bills for the same supplier with the same invoice…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you everyone that got involved in the teams concept testing! We're pleased to say that this has now been moved to development and the team are building a feature that'll help detect and identify duplicate bills in your workflow. I'll come back to share more of the detail when it's ready for you to use 😁

14. It would be great if Xero could implement an automatic change/suggestion to change to category A after an H-category employee doesn't meet the criteria anymore.
    One of our employees just had his birthday and I noticed the category doesn't automatically update and there's no flag to say they might now be ineligible for a certain code.
    I imagine there are more companies with the same problem where it's gone unnoticed that the National Insurance Category hasn't automatically updated as nearly everything else does and it's easy to miss a birthday!

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, we're pleased to share that this is something our team are working on a solution for atm!

Once available Xero payroll will automatically update the NI categories of employees who are transitioning out of their current category. Ensuring that the calculation of NI contributions in the Pay run is accurate, and the correct amount is paid to HMRC. 🙂

We expect to have this to you in the next few months and I'll be back to share when it's delivered.

15. There is an issue with the new contact edit settings, we cannot add IBAN in account number and swift in routing numberFinancial details. Since we have vendors globally, not everyone have US routing and acct number only. This needs to be fixed since we are relying on the bank details updated in contact

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks everyone, we thoroughly appreciate your feedback on changes when adding or editing a contact. 

Since the initial release, our team have made an update and you'll find you can now enter IBAN and SWIFT into account number without it throwing errors. 

Currently, if you save information into the account number field it'll spread across the bank account prefix and bank account number fields - The thing to note is that this will not impact processing of batch payments and will be one field when exported for batch payments.

We understand it’s not the perfect solution and are looking at further enhancing this - I'll keep you updated here. 

16. Can we please have the report codes shown & editable on the chart of accounts page, and also through the actual reports?

Reasons for the request:
    1. It is a logical workflow to specify how an account is to be reported when setting it up
    2. It saves having to view the report, realise a report code needs correction and then having to close the report to do this, if you can drill down straight from the report as displayed.
    3. As the account balance is shown on the Chart of Accounts page, it makes it clearer which accounts actually…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing with us through this idea, everyone. Our product team are now working on adding a column to the chart of accounts screen which will display the report code that each account has been mapped to 😊

We'll shift across to 'working on it', and I'll keep you updated on the news for this, here! 

17. With the currect feature History and note report we are able to see which invoice for example has been edited - change name of invoice - reconciled etc. However we would like to have a more detailed view, for example if an invoice is booked in USD and someone will change the currency in EUR we are not able to see this change , we can see only that the invoice is edited by X person but we are not able to see the change. How can we have this feature?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, while we still have more changes planned in this space I wanted to fill you in on the more recent changes in this space.

We have now added the ability to view the email an invoice was sent to in history, as well as adding timestamps for more insight into when an event was made.

18. Xero checks employees age against pay rate and that of the National Minumum Wage so it does not get missed. It's doesn't have to change it, just highlight thsat the employee's rate needs to ber changed

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all your feedback everyone, we appreciate the needs here and our team have work underway to incorporate national minimum wage checks, and relieve you from the manual work involved in this process at present.

I'll move to working on it for now and be back to share more news when this is made available to you all.

19. Would it be possible to create a setting where users can be blocked from processing an invoice with duplicate reference numbers. There is currently a message displayed but some users click past it therefore creating duplicate invoices/bills. Perhaps the message can be made more prominent and displayed in Red to alert users.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we're working on a feature that'll help detect duplicate bills, which will help identify when duplicates of the same bill are in your workflow. We'll switch this across to Working on it for now and I'll be back to share more once it's out. 😁

20. Ability to have multiple online payment options in one Invoice.

Purpose: The receiver of invoices will have more options on how they’re going to pay the invoices.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've begun rolling out improvements to the way you manage your online payment methods in Xero. It's going to be a slow release so our team can closely monitor usage and ensure it's working well with our customers - we'll keep you updated on when it's available to 100% of users.
    To give you a taster of what's coming, we've designed a new flow that allows you to easily set up and access differing payment methods to your customers when sending invoices.
    You'll have more control by being able to offer multiple payments services and customise the payment types you offer customers.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?