Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

226 results found

1. Ability to see tracking watchlist on the Xero dashboard.

Purpose: To save users’ time from clicking and going through multiple pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, unfortunately while we started work that would impact this feature, this has had to be put on the back burner for now with a few other pieces of work taking priority. We'll shift back to submitted for now and be sure to update you of any movement surrounding the idea, here. 

2. Passkeys (https://fidoalliance.org/passkeys/) are rapidly taking over passwords and are infinitely more secure than passwords.

Intuit are already using Passkeys (https://fidoalliance.org/case-study-intuits-roi-from-passwordless-customer-authentication/)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get rid of this stupid MFA on EVERY sign in.
    It used to be monthly which was bad enough, now it is a constant pain having to use an authentication device just to get access to Xero. MFA is a complete waste of user time. My bank doesn't use it and I trust them not to lose my money, so why does accounting software need it?
    If the ATO insists on it with their stupid STP, then link it to STP and nothing else.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For internal control reasons the 'invoice settings' section should be only accessible for certain access types. Anyone with Xero access (excl read only) can go and adjust the bank account manually entered on the invoices sent to customers.

It would be great to have this locked the same way bank account admin is for supplier payments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to record staff hours spent with the client.

Purpose: Because it’s important to track how much time an employee spends on a job

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Xero provides for only one ATO Branch code to be recorded for an organisation in Settings / Organisation details. Also, Xero does not require a branch code to be recorded for Single Touch Payroll (STP) which would be resulting in a number of cases where the ATO is contacting clients and practitioners regarding incorrect branch codes for STP and requiring correction of STP filings which is time consuming and complex.

Some businesses have different branch codes for different ATO reporting obligations. For example, a business may have a branch number of 001 for Single Touch Payroll but 003 for Taxable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I believe being able to update all fields to show the word Estimate rather than Quote would be extremely beneficial. I have been able to update all except for the wording of Online Quote Link

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to push files that’s uploaded in Xero Files to cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, and Sharepoint).

Purpose: Users can easily store/keep their files that they’ve uploaded in Xero into their own cloud storage. Especially when they have many documents that exceed the limit of Xero Files.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to customise the styling on the invoice emails sent to customers. Changing the colour of the buttons etc.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We want to give access to reporting to one of our managers however we don't want them to be able to view all payroll information. Therefore I am looking for a function that can give access to all of Xero except anything to do with payroll so all nominal codes to do with wages would need to be invisible etc. Journals would another thing that needs to be hidden.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is really useful to know, thanks Josh - Though we don't have immediate plans for change around this, we really appreciate you sharing the detail of how you'd see this permissions working best for you. We'll keep an eye across this one here, and let you know if there are any updates.

12. I understand the ATO requires you to enter 2FA daily, but that doesn't mean the tickbox should uncheck itself every day.

If I tick trust this device on Monday and login using 2FA, I can then login without 2FA for 24 hours.

After that 24 hours, I need to login using 2FA again AND I have to tick the trust this device box again to get another 24 hour reprieve.

Let us tick the box or another box that will remember our choice ongoing. So each day I only have to login using 2FA again but my choice to trust…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i need tracking categories for bank accounts - my client has three different branches within the organisation and all have their own bank account. i have managed to create tracking categories for income and expenses but Xero hasnt provided the function for bank accounts. So when drawing the Financials the bank accounts dont reflect with each relevant branch. Is there a way that this function could be created/considered or has anyone have any recommendations on how to bypass this problem?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate seeking options from your community here too.

Trying to think into this one - when you draw funds these statement lines would be reconciled to an equity account in the business? In theory the Tracking would be recorded when the item is reconciled to this account ? 

Please do let me know more detail if there's something I'm missing in here? 

14. Add CNH.

Ability to add CNH currency which is offshore RMB traded outside of China.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for rounding back, Scott. I’ve changed your idea slightly here, so it’s sounded more CNH currency instead of bank feeds. This is because, before bank feeds for CNH can be implemented, CNH currency needs to be enabled first. 

In saying that, we’ll keep an eye on this idea to gauge the interest from the community here :)

15. For the 'approve and pay' user the remittance function is limited. They should have the functionality to send remittances on a batch payment and also be able to access the remittance button at a later date. An admin member of staff needs access to the full remittance capability in order to complete their duties fully.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every month I publish, export and share reports with certain individuals. I would like to do this within Xero. I set up users who can have "View published reports" access. When I publish a report I can then select that report and choose which of these users I wish to share it with. The user is notified, can login to Xero and is then presented with a list of published reports that have been shared with them. It keeps all the functionality native to Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The History and Notes in Advanced Settings does not include the action of Emailing (or Sending) an Invoice (or any other document), yet this action appears on the individual Invoice History.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I cannot attach a credit note file to a new credit note directly from Xero Files which is frustrating, it would be really helpful to have this as an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We require more than 10 email templates for our organisation, due to running multiple events and each needing a different message to go out with the Sales Invoice in the email body.

Please Xero can you review this, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to change!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Understand the restriction on the current limits and appreciate your detail in how this'd help you, Kira. Is there an ideal # that'd fit for your business? 

This isn't something we have immediate plans for atm but good to know when sharing your feedback with product. 

For the time being, you'll need to apply a base template and can adjust as needed when sending individual items from Xero. 

20. Ability to have an alert in Xero when a Quote has been accepted

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?