Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

473 results found

1. Ability to compare a custom period, with the same period the year before.

For example be able to compare a profit and loss for July 2021 - March 2022, with the same period the year before, not just the 9 months before.

There seems to be the function to do this with a year-to-date profit and loss, however if you want to have an end date prior to today then it doesn't seem to work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rebecca, we've revamped comparative periods in the new reports to provide greater flexibility. Allowing you to customise what comparisons show when running date range reports. 

So now, you can compare with the same exact period ( eg 10 days), months, quarters or years. Dive on in for a try and let us know what you think! 

2. You've created these great packs or ability to create one, but for majority of businesses when they are reporting for the month that was in a meeting they want a bank reconciliation or a transactions listing with opening bank balance, transactions and closing bank balances!
    Can we please have this as an option to add into the Report Packs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible to remove the sick leave entitlement reminder/banner that always appears when you go to process a pay.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gay, just popping in with a little update - that banner has now been removed!

You can still find the 'Sick Leave Review' tab in your employees list, but you'll no longer see the banner while processing pay 😊

4. Allow set up of payroll whilst waiting for agency status to come through from HMRC.
    Currently wont allow you to pass the HMRC page and start setting up payroll until you have agency access

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, appreciate the idea here. 

Although you do need to enter Office/Reference details through payroll setup these can be updated later on.

Instead, you can enter 'dummy' details. Then once you receive the correct credentials return to update these. 😊

5. Move the NZBN field so that it is in the "Contact Details" section instead of the "Financial Details" section. This would enable the NZBN to be visible to, and sync with, Hubspot. As it stands the bi-directional Xero-Hubspot integration cannot see the NZBN field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tony 👋, the team have made some smaller changes since the release of the new Contacts add/edit screens. 

We appreciate the feedback from our customers and based on some of this the team have moved the NZBN field back within the Contact details section. 🙂

6. Link the new Account Transaction report so it appears when drilling down from another report or the Dashboard watchlist.

Clicking on an amount within a report or the Dashboard watchlist goes to the old Account Transactions report. When this version of the report is no longer available Xero have advised that drilling down to see transactions will only work on a report that has been published. It seems wrong to need to publish a report to be able to access this basic function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Delwyn, back to confirm that redirects from the Account watchlist will now take you to the new version of reports. 😁

Which one will be driven  by the detail in my earlier response. 

7. Could you reintroduce a very important item in the new Account Transactions reports the Opening Balances in the Asset / Liability accounts. The Old report has this feature and it is essential for reconciling accounts such as Super Payable, PAYG Payable. In view of Old reports being discontinued next year, this will be a major issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allowances need the option to indicate whether they are applied to leave loading, overtime ,Leave types e.g annual, RDOs, persona, pretax, post tax. This is essential for STP2 and is available in other payroll solutions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Could you please add Grouping by Contact in the new account transactions report.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone - We've just released an update to Account Transactions report and added a Contact field! 

Next time you open this report you should see 'Contact' as an option in Columns, Grouping/Summarising and Filtering - See an example below and enjoy making use of this new field and adding another level of insights to your reporting in Xero 🙂 

10. "I have just read another closed thread, about community users votes having increased to 10, so am starting this new one as suggested by Brittany in that closed thread...

I don't go looking for features to vote on, but do search community for existing conversations on anything I am having issues with in Xero, either for answers on overcoming it, or to vote on an improvement to something that is directly impacting on efficiency of my staff and functionality we use in Xero.

I have just exhausted my 10 votes, didn't know I had a limit til then.
    I manually…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as many who previously engaged with the Feature Requests forums will have noticed - with the launch of Xero Product Ideas you now have unlimited votes to place across all the different ideas here. 

Along with this, let us know the value the idea itself would have to your business! Thanks 🙂

11. URGENT- when editing Adviser year reports there are highlighted areas that we could select & un-highlight in the past. This ability was removed during the recent reports upgrade (only Bold, Underline & Italic remain). This means highlighted areas have to be completely re-typed as un-highlighted text & then the original text deleted - wasting a lot of time on re-creating information already available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Management Reports - Ability to notes in the newer versions as were an extremely useful function in the older version and missing from the new ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for engaging here, Nick.

We recently launched an ability to create notes for the Management report pack by clicking 'Insert content' at the bottom of your page then you'll see 'Enable Add Note' option from there. This feature is available in the newer version of the main report pack which includes, Executive Summary, Profit & Loss, Cash Summary, Balance Sheet, Aged Receivables Summary, and Aged Payable Summary reports. You’ll also be able to annotate any figure in your report and link to a text-block for further information too.

I’ll mark this idea as ‘delivered’ now. Feel free to explore more ideas or raise a new idea here. 

13. Be able to customise the Receivable/Payable invoice reports to include paid date to more closely manage cash flow

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Leigh! I want to let you know that we've recently enhanced both our Receivable and Payable Detail reports. Where you can see when the invoice or bill was paid through the 'Last payment date' column.

Thank you for submitting your idea here, I'll mark this as delivered now 🙂.

14. Alguien sabe gestorías en madrid que utilicen Xero?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Executive Summary is a very informative report. However, to get meaningful trends, it needs to compare more than just the previous month to determine the true direction of the trend. A three or 6 month trend (or agianst planned numbers for the period under review) would add greatly to the value of the report

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "I would really like to see you add a reporting function that has

1. individual PNL for each month in the current year - Jul/Aug/Sep etc
    2. a YTD total for the current year, and
    3. a YTD total for the previous year to enable comparison with 2.

As an adviser to many small businesses this is the report that I (& I expect most advisers) are really looking for to help our clients

The current reporting does not enable us to have the management discussions with clients as easily as it should.

All the information is within the software, so it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to be able to set up a Placeholder for our company logo so we can include it on emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think it would be beneficial to be able to add commentary to the management report so that variance analysis can be explained to the owner of the business / interested parties (i.e. investors, banks) rather than just presenting a set of figures.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to update you that we've launched the new management report pack to all regions, which you'll have the ability to add commentary to your report through a text block to accompany tabular report data, or a whole blank page containing text - see our article here for more information.

That being said, I'll mark this thread as 'delivered' 😄.

19. On the management report it would be nice to have more flexibility with the way it is laid out. On the front cover for example we would like out logo to sit in the middle of the page at the bottom whereas at the moment the logo doesn't even go on the front cover.

Also we would like to be able to enter a footer on to the front cover which doesn't sppear on the rest of the pages.

Is this something that we can do that we just don't know about? If not please can you look at including…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I want to update you that the new management report pack is now released to all regions! You're now able to apply all of the customisations which are available in our other new style reports, to the same reports within a pack. 

In saying that, I'll move this thread as 'delivered' 🙂.

20. We run weekly management reporting cycle and find it very difficult to run weekly report. can a template be created for weekly report management report

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?