Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

454 results found

1. Archived accounts should have some method to prevent them from appearing in dropdown menus, such as the Account Transactions report. It gets ugly and cluttered. Xero is supposed to be beautiful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all your input on this idea over time.
    We've got through a lot of the meaty underwork and being able to concentrate some more attention to some your contributions in community.
    With today's release for reports we're giving you a dropdown option to Include/Exclude Archived accounts in the Account Transactions report. 🙂 Give it a go today, and save as Custom to access with these settings anytime!

2. Ability to attach files when sending quotes to customers.

Purpose: To notify customers of the details on the quotes.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as many will have seen our new Quotes experience has been released to you all. 

Along with a refreshed view consistent with new invoicing, you'll find an additional option when sending to 'Include attached files'!

Thank you everyone that's supported and let us know the importance of this idea to your business.

3. Ability to export documents that suit the Santander Personal and Business bank format from Xero.

Purpose: To save users time from having to convert the document after exporting.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to export a report that contains Quotes data.

Purpose: To help tracking what value of a quote has been invoiced

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Back with good news, everyone! From today you'll find that your Receivable Invoice Summary and Details reports have both been improved so you can now add quotes as a Source in the report, as well as two common formats to quickly see all quotes or just outstanding quotes in one view. 

Get in for a try, and save the views you'd like to use regularly. We appreciate all your support and feedback for this, here. 

5. When breaking down the contacts into groups, such as 'subcontractors', it would be useful to run the 'expenses by contact' report, and to be able to limit that to just the groups I have created, to see how much I have spent on that group as a whole, as well as individuals. (Currently it just shows the full contact list)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for contributing to the idea here, team. We've recently released a new version of the Income & Expenses by contact report, that can be simply filtered for Income or Expenses only. 

Moreover, you can both 'Group by Contact'. AND Filter by Contact Group too 😉 - here's a example

6. When allocating billable items to customers, sometimes you miss/forget to invoice all billables back to customers. A report showing what billable items is still not invoiced to customers will make short term and long term losses a bit easier to manage

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Billable Expenses - Outstanding report was recently released, and does exactly what you're after here, team. Any unallocated expenses will be displayed at the top of the report - with others that have been allocated, but unpaid down the bottom. Enjoy!

7. Adding a direct feed for American Express Australia

Purpose: To get a better feed connection by having a direct feed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, as you might have noticed we recently released a direct bank feed for American Express (AU). 

You can update your bank connection to our new American Express direct feed by selecting the Update bank connection on the American Express account from your Xero dashboard. From here click Login & Connect Accounts, then follow the prompts to update. 

This new feed offers improved security, accuracy, reliability, and provides a better overall experience.

Thanks for your input on this here. 😊

8. Adding contact account number in Receivable/Payable Invoice report.

Purpose: To better sort and grouping accounts by filtering contact account number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to show trading in name in online quotes rather than legal name.

Purpose: To be able to show a consistent name when the user sends online quotes and PDF quotes. As the PDF quote shows the trading name.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, reviewing your idea here - his is actually possible with the use of DOCX using an advanced invoice template.

You can download the template and enter the organisations name in static text. When applied you'll see this show on both the online Quote and PDF of the Quote.

Give it a go and send to yourself if you'd like to see how it looks first.🙂

10. Ability to select PayPal and credit card accounts for batch deposits.

Purpose: To have more options to do batch deposits. Especially for those who prefer using credit cards and PayPal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To be able to add other reports to the standard Management Report packs? I need to report on two different styles of profit and loss monthly. There are other reports I would include if I had the option to select them. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to filter contact name, and add a paid field in account transaction report.

Purpose: Better visibility of contact activity and more customisation/filtering of data

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

And we're a go! Our Reporting team have released enhancements to the Account Transactions report. Adding Contact and Invoice # fields. 

You can now add a Contact column, or format to group/summarise or filter by Contact or Invoice # 🙂

13. Useful if there were a box to check on the contact detail page for 1099s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've just released Contact Management as a dashboard, which you'll find when you next navigate to your 1099 report in Xero 🙂

Contact Management enables you to view, find, and edit your 1099 contacts all from this one page. Giving you more visibility and ease of use when preparing and running your 1099's with Xero - See more detail in our help article on Xero Central

In addition to the Contact Management view, we've made another update to 1099 so you can now mark your 1099 contacts directly when adding or editing from Contacts.

14. Ability to create and print a collection letter for outstanding invoices.

Purpose: To make users can easily remind the customers that they still have outstanding invoices.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thought I’d pop in here to share that this is possible through the following steps:

1. Create a separate DOCX branding theme which includes your letter of demand as a separate page in the Word template.
    2. Edit the relevant invoice that requires this letter, and switch it to this theme.
    3. Resend the invoice, and it’ll include the letter.
  15. I'm accustomed to being able to scan a period of transactions to review how each transaction was split. In Xero, there is literally no way to see information this way. I would have to navigate into each transaction one at a time to see if it contains a split, making it virtually impossible to review my bookkeeper's work.

Does anyone know of an add-on I could use that would allow me to see the information this way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, our team’s been working on some enhancements to the Account transactions report that I think you’ll all be interested in!

Most notably - we’re introducing a Related Account column, this will show the other side of the accounting journal for your transaction line items, this will help make it easier for you to spot any errors and audit your reconciliations.

At this stage the report will only show up to 2 accounts but in instances where there may be more, you can open the transaction in a new tab to see the rest.

The report will still be based of the transactional details rather than showing them as they are received from the bank as some of you may be wanting, but really think this is a great addition to help you keep track of your accounts!

We’ll return your votes here, so you can use them where…

16. Hi Xero,

Thanks for creating the new 'Account Transaction Report' and adding the GST columns (and other transaction attributes) recently.....but there are a couple of significant issues that need to be sorted out before this is done and dusted.

These are:
    - When sorting by 'Account (Name)' it returns the accounts in alphabetical order meaning P&L and Asset accounts are all mixed in together when doing a full GL report. I think it would be better to show the accounts in account number order (or alphabetically with the P&L and Balance sheet accounts separated)
    - When sorting by 'Account Code'…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our team have been paying close attention to what our community have been asking and with today's release we've added the ability to sort and summarise by 'Account Code & Name' within the Account Transactions report.
    You can use this option to view both the Account Code and Name, without losing the Opening Balances - Read up on the changes in our recent Blog.

Thanks for sharing on this with us here in community. Also noting some people here who'd like to view file attachments against transactions - While not possible atm, we do have an idea for this growing across here and you're welcome to join and use your vote from this idea on. 🙂(Sep 21)

17. Ability to create sales invoices in bulk.

Purpose: To save time rather than having to create invoices individually. Especially when creating similar invoices to a group of people.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to create purchase invoices in bulk.

Purpose: To save time rather than having to manually create purchase invoices one by one.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you're looking to create supplier bills in bulk. If so, you can do this by importing them using a CSV template, which you can download from the 'Purchases overview' screen in Xero.

There's more info on how to do this here: Import bills and credit notes.

19. Please have the option to see both the invoice number and the reference for sales invoices. I have used the reference to indicate how an invoice is paid and the amount if not the same as the invoice. I have one transaction coming into the bank for a days worth of invoices paid by credit card. I then find and match for the pay method and date and it lists all the invoices and their invoice numbers. The reference tells me if any invoices were part paid, or paid with two different methods. Like, part cash and balance by credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all. From today Find & Match shows both invoice number and the reference field for sales invoices. Note that we've also added other details too (such as check numbers and other payment references) to both Find & Match and the Account Transactions page.

I trust life will be a little easier not having to click through to work out which invoice is which!

Check out what else is new in today's release notes.

20. Hi

I was wondering whether you are looking at adding more filters to the Customer Invoice Report so that we can filter it by a single Contact? Presently whenever I need to show a customer what they have and haven't paid and on what dates, I am exporting the whole report to excel and then deleting all the lines that don't relate to that contact.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team - The new Contact Transactions - Receivables report has just been released. :)

See how you can access and tailor all the new Contact reports on our Blog - Test them out for yourself and let us know what you think.

I can also confirm the issue with only the first 100s contacts has been resolved, so you should be able to access all contacts from the drop-down selection now.

• Don't see your idea?