Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3889 results found

1. I want to assign the customer to repeating invoices like software subscriptions that we pay for our clients. I have those bills in as repeating invoices but I have to assign the customer to them every month. It would be nice to be able to assign the customer on the repeating invoice and save that time each month.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow Xero to filter Project Reports by Staff Member or Category in order to get more data for KPIs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am exploring transferring our quote generation from an external system to Xero however the benefits are not stacking up at present. Here is what I would need to get me over the line.

1. We usually require a deposit at the time that the customer accepts the quote. It would be good to show the deposit required on the quote - for us this is usually 50% and we add that into the quote terms. It would be useful though to specify a percentage deposit in Xero and then show this amount at the bottom of the quote. My current…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Any user with the 'Standard User Role' AKA the role with the least amount of permissions that can still access and perform bank reconciliation, has access to Setting>Check Styles which contains your bank account routing & account number, if you need to have that information printed onto blank check stock. This is a major security overlook. I do not want my employee that is helping with bank reconciliation to have access to my bank account information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Like Sage I would like every item to have the VAT return Date and month it was recorded on attached to it and if/when it was adjusted which return the adjustment was submitted on as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. an employee has moved to NZ, we are still paying him wages but currently Xero doesnt allow for STP lodgement thorugh the payroll functionality, would be good to have this added, No PAYG & No super is aplicable because of the treaty between AU and NZ - also would be good to have the capability to add in his NZ address to his employee details

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I note there are repeating (aka recurring) invoices and bills.
    I would like repeating quotes as well because every year, we issue a quote to some of our clients for maintenance agreements or hosting agreements. It is basically the same quote every year except that the amounts are adjusted for CPI

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have to create a biill with about 60 line items which contain a mix of duplicate and variable information. As there's no way to duplicate line items in bills, I employed a workaround by exporting Xero's inbuilt bills template file 'BillTemplate.csv'. In Excel I was then able to quickly and easily create 60 copies of the same line item, make the changes necessary and import the csv file into Xero which successfully created the bill containing the 60 line items - thus saving me hours of wasted time.

The only issue is that no provision has been made in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to modify the invoice number once we import a file to create draft invoices.

When we were using the old version of invoicing, we have to import a file to create draft invoices and before we finalize and approve an invoice, we have to remove the "Invoice Number" field (captures our order number which we use a reference number) and once we approved it, Xero automatically generates the next invoice number.

*Please note that in the import file we have to put an information under the Invoice Number column that's why we have to use our order/reference number and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please fix the Account setting for the Log in to preference so that it works as advertised.
    Currently the option to log in to "The organisation I was last in" does NOT work as advertised. It will log me in to a seeminly random organisation from the list of my organisations.
    I believe that it is logging me into the "Last organisation that ANYONE was in"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Just to add on to another users request (see organisation settings - Dark mode) highly voted request

Could you please consider the darker mode theme on Xero for those who have light sensitivity or migraines due to white screens etc

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do NOT display an error message and update the history and notes.
    Sending Receipt to Client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback and including a screenshot of the notifications you're getting on the invoice, Andrew. Just to make sure I fully understand your idea here - Are you saying that rather than seeing the pop up you'd like to have these added as history events to the invoice?

13. A report that provides details of employees leave to be able to see the leave accruals and leave taken for the pay period.
    This would help as an audit trail and when preparing a salary budget or during a salary review.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Where an employee takes unpaid leave for more than one week, it would be helpful if you could enter in the date in which the unpaid leave applies from so that the anniversary date can automatically be reset. The current set up is rather antiquated, and needs to be automated to ensure accuracy and ease of use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Supplier Bill Activity

To add quantities to the 'Columns' filter section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When reconciling transactions and Find & Match is used, usually for multiple matches, please add an attachment button.
    In the example of one payment matched to multiple sales invoices, there is usually a remittance provided by the client that we need to file with the payment.
    We shouldn't need to go back to a reconciled transaction and manually add the remittance to each line individually.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please change the Type of the Invoice Reference field on New Invoicing to Allow for extended text formatting capabilities. Make it the same data type as the Summary Field on Quotes or the Description Field on Invoice Line items. So that the invoice reference field allows and saves Carriage Returns and Tab characters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi Kelly, could we have approve + email plus add another invoice on the same option drop down please, saves soo much time 🙂

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I've made sure to pass your feedback on to the the team, we don't have any immediate plans for this but will be good to build the interest of this here and I can keep you updated if any plans are made. 

19. Could we have a bulk date change please for when we are ready to send a lot of draft invoices or any in awaiting approval (and in the repeating 'payment due date' section)
    we rely on the repeating function but its a pain to go in and change them one at a time when there's loads, especially when they copy over into draft aswell, its a mammoth task

i.e also an option for '30 days payment due upon receipt of invoice' 😃

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option to see how many 'days' due in preview section for the new version of invoicing

Could we have an option in xero please to select 'due 30 days' from when we approve/send an invoice ?
    In the classic invoicing when you preview it (before approving and sending it) it would always say how many 'days' it is due as well as the 'due date' this helps as we expect payment within 30 days of the customer receiving the invoice not 30 days from the invoice date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 194 195
  • Don't see your idea?