Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3852 results found

1. Offer option to lock last and previous year's data to prevent unintentional corruption of "good data".
    Users would then have to slow down and take a great deal of care if changes to last and previous year's accounts is actually required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am sorry you and Xero can’t understand Common sense here with Xero accounting would allow the customer to end the trial period which is 2 weeks left to run then continue the new promotion and keep new customers happy the fact of myself saving an insignificant amount is here or there!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why are the attach file buttons in the opposite order in New Invoice from the likes of Bills and everything else?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Under the previous Contact view, there was a book icon to show if there was an attachment to a bill. Now there is an icon to allow copy bill to draft bill. I can't imagine any time I would use this, but value being able to see if a bill has an attachment. I have to open the bill now to find if there is an attachment or go back to the Purchases section and create a report there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have a designated advisor / subscriber have the ability to remove multi factor authentication from a user so that a new method can be set up by the user.

Purpose: For those businesses that have operators which are not tech savy, having either the subscriber or the advisor who holds a professional membership / qualification, who have passed ID verification processes, let the designated person have the ability to toggle off multi factor authentication so that the user and re set up their authentication process so that when their phone is lost or stolen and their alternative entry points don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The New GST layout needs to keep the "Late Claims" separate on the transaction details report. Lumping them all together with income or expense and then the totals don't tie into the numbers on the face of the GST return is frustrating. I can see you can filter by "late claims" but we don't want to have to export and manipulate the data when sending the documents to clients.

It doesn't make sense that the detailed transaction report doesn't match the face of the GST return without manipulating

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi
    I would like to request that we keep the publish button on the new GST layout. The new GST Return layout does not have the Publish to Reports function (this has been removed). The Publish Function is an important function for clients, bookkeepers and auditors to access all relevant publish reports in one place.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When going into a contact in the web version oif Xero the paid and unpaid invoices/bills are listed in date order with the newest first. This is not the case in the Android App version and it is really annoying having to scroll through (in one case) 200 invoices to get to the most recent.

Can the App versions please go newest first like the web version..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the time of creating ABA file with 10 bills and one supplier bank account has an error (eg extra 000 in front of the account number), XERO still allows to create the ABA file however removes the bill without a notification.

Let's say you do not take time to check the batch payment PDF file with ABA data file, you do not know that bill is removed.

If XERO does not allow to create the ABA file OR notify that bill is removed from ABA file will solve the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict the "Mark as reconciled option" on payments to be "adviser" user level access only. This will reduce the instances of clients inadvertently causing bank reconciliation errors. Many dont understand the implications of clicking this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. when printing or saving the employee summary report x group the name of the group doesn't appear. If doing multiple groups, this makes it difficult to know which group is which when referring back or from printed reports.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the Classic invoice system I am able to go to FILES, ADD TO NEW INVOICE and see the file I have attached. I can then add all the information to the invoice (it being an invoice generated on a different software, so I am actually importing an invoice to add to Xero). On the NEW INVOICE system I am unable to do this unless I add the customer name first! I don't know the customer name until I import the invoice from FILES then open it up and extract all the information I need. I don't want these going…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is crazy to not be able to filter History and Notes by notes. What good does a note do me if I either have to:
    1. Go to the customer to see if there is one OR
    2. Have to read through all of the "Edited", "Credited" etc just to find the notes.

Also make it so the notes can be filtered by customer/supplier. Notes do absolutely no good if they cannot be accessed or looked at easily.

The attached has been filtered so the type is ONLY customer. I highlighted the items that are desired. All the rest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We would like to see customers contact person's name appearing on the invoice we send. One customer can have different people/contacts for different projects/invoices. Currently we can only pull out the PRIMARY contact's name to the invoice, which means if we would like to add a different name, we have to REMERMBER to edit customer's primary contact to a different person. It is very time consuming and easy to forget too.
    Is there any ways we could simply add a contact person against each invoice instead of against each customer? It could be any extra fields we can use, even…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We print packing slips for every invoice we print, since the changes xero has made it has added another step in out process, we are all about streamlining our processes. We would like to revert back to the old way as this is adding time and is also adding more unnecessary files to our computer system. please help us to streamline this process again as the current system doesn`t work for us

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have found you are able to customise currency rates in Purchase Orders, Invoicing and Bills to pay, however you are unable to amend this in quotes.

Please allow to amend in all modules

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have 2 employees that will be taking 1 day LSL every week in the new financial year and it would be very helpful if there was a way to add in this type of leave request as a recurring request for the same day each week. Rather than having to add in 1 day leave for each occasion.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would it be possible to create a contact who is a "sub contact" of an existing contact. For example we perform work for a strata management company. Every invoice is made out to [name of strata company] but the contact details, email address and physical address are all the same - that of the management company. I would love to create [strata management company] as the main contact with all the strata "divisions" they manage below them without having to create a new contact for every single new building. What are my chances?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate where you're coming from with this idea, Kirsty. 

Right now you could create a Contact Group, and have each related contact assigned to that contact group. Get what you're saying with the efficiency when having most of the same details - for now perhaps importing via csv would help create these in less time. 

We also have an idea for the ability to copy a contact, and another for contact group statements that you might like to join and follow. 

We'll start to get a feel of the interest for this type of feature here, and I'll let you know if there's any change planned. 

19. New holiday regulations from 1 January 2024 to commence from 1 April 2024. The new legislation from 1 April is only based on 4 weeks so it would appear the only option is to manually calculate the enhanced holiday pay.

It would be good in time if it was possible in Xero Payroll to calculate the enhanced holiday on selected pay elements only such as overtime, bonuses, commission, etc.

We use two other payroll software packages that allow this process of selecting specific elements to calculate the enhanced holiday so it is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bank Reconciliation - Export/Import to transfer data from one organisation to another

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 192 193
  • Don't see your idea?