Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. There is no reason to keep the previous bank holidays on every payslip.

I can’t seem to get rid of previous bank holidays from showing on current/future payslips. Why are bank holidays from the Easter and the King's Coronation still appearing on payslips May 2023 onwards?? Doesn’t look very professional. This is all on the YTD earnings line. Why isn't there an option to remove it? Clients are not very happy.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few weeks on from our last update, we’re going to move this idea to ‘Delivered’ with the change the team made to Payslip PDFs. We have now combined all previous earnings as one YTD line so that your employees only see the most relevant information 🥳

2. Ability to set up standard week in Xero Payroll.

Purpose: To make users easily calculate their employee’s wages. Especially for industries that run 7 days a week.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we’re pleased to share that we’ve now released working patterns to all UK organisations that use Xero Payroll.

This change reduces manual workarounds enabling you to enter more information employees’ working patterns to support accurate allocations of leave and earnings rates. You’ll find you can now;

• Create or select from working pattern templates
    • Add working patterns manually or using the template
    • Setup multiple weeks of a working pattern

We’ve shared a few videos on YouTube that’ll help guide you through the change 😊

We really appreciate everyone who’s engaged with us on this idea and those who’ve been involved in testing some of the functionality with us through the journey.

3. On the Employee tab when an employee moves pay rates it would be good to have a record of the history of changes to see when the rate changed and what all previous rates have been - this would make tracking rate changes and anniversary dates easier.

So if the rate changes in the pay template then the change is recorded (link) to say notes to keep track of rate changes.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered!

Just before the end of the year, we rolled out support for ‘Payroll History’ in Australia 🎉

It includes a history of changes made to the Payroll Settings screen, and to the Employee Record, enabling you to see pay rate changes at a glance.

You can see the Payroll History in action on our Xero Blog post, Payroll history is launching in Australia.

4. It would be helpful with the new Timesheet features to be able to add more than one work time and break time per day to allow for split shifts.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing your feedback throughout this thread. It’s clear how important this feature is, especially for staff working split shifts.

I’m happy to confirm that our latest update to timesheets brings the multiple start, end and break times feature across to the updated timesheet experience, and will be available on both Xero Me mobile and web.

For more information on these updates, and some other improvements we’ve made to Payroll check out our Xero Releases page

5. Tried to amend the national insurance category to a v category for 6 weeks after the employees start date, as that is when they were valid from, to find the calendar will only allow me to amend to a date previous or on their start date with the company. Has anyone else encountered this issue at all?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura, it looks like you also raised a support case about this which has since been resolved. 

To recap, when you add a V category, you'll have the option to enter a date in which the category starts from. Then you would need to enter the date in which the employee was first employed as a civilian.

For example, V category is valid from 31 Jan, therefore you can only enter the employment civilian date up until 31 Jan. You won't be able to enter an employment date after the NI category date.

6. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to pay a monthly employee a basic monthly salary without the hourly rate changing to reflect the number of working days in the month. Please can there be an option to pay a monthly employee a basic 12th of their annual salary each month and the hours per month are set to the average of a 12th of their annual hours so that the hourly rate for overtime etc stays the same each month.

Thank you.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we’re pleased to share that we’ve now released working patterns to all UK organisations that use Xero Payroll.

You can now enter more information about employees’ working patterns to support leave and earning rates calculations and save you time. You’ll be able to:

• Create or select from working pattern templates
    • Add working patterns manually or using the template
    • Setup multiple weeks of a working pattern

Being able to set up to 13 weeks in a template means you’ll be able to accurately reflect employees’ that may work differing hours through weeks in a month like you’re after here. We’ve shared a few videos on YouTube that’ll help guide you through the change 😊

Thanks for all your engagement and sharing with us on the idea here.

7. Ability to select log start/end times and breaks in Xero Me.

Purpose: Users can easily log their start/end times and break in Xero Me rather than having to use a third party app.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your continued interest here. We’re pleased to share that as of today start, end and unpaid break times that we recently announced is going to be rolled out to payroll employees using Xero Me Mobile, and will be available to all employees by the end of the week.

When using Xero Me Mobile, employees will be able to select a new timesheet setting which will allow them to enter start, end and unpaid break time within their timesheet, as well as enter a Note, all of which will be visible to the Payroll Admins using the web experience of Xero Me.

To add to this, we’ve updated My Payroll within the product to Xero Me to simplify the experience and create more consistency. Read these updates and more from product on the Xero Blog.

8. It would be helpful when using XeroMe if staff could advise of earned Time in Lieu to be accrued for a timesheet. Currently they can only record the hours but not whether additional hours should be paid out or accrued

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your continued support of this idea, community. Pleased to let you know that we’ve released further updates to time tracking in Payroll for Australian users.

You’ll now be able to add notes to each new earnings line, providing a bit of extra context for the timesheet approver.

9. Ability to reconcile payroll with a matching transaction as currently we have to enter the weekending and what is for when the wages come up in the bank statement but for bills and invoices it automatically knows what transactions are for what

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A detailed pay run journal report would be much more useful than the current summary version. It is especially unhelpful that selecting the entry in an expense account just takes you to the pay run - it doesn't show you what is coded to which expense account. With many employees this can take a long time to find errors or to manually journal multiple costings

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered! 

Last year, we rolled out support for the new journal reports 🎉 These can be filtered by account and account code or even the description.

For more information check out our support article on our new Journal reports here.

Thanks again for your feedback. We know this has been a highly anticipated feature for the community and we appreciate your contributions.

11. would be great to be able to filter current employees when looking at Leave Transaction Report. We have many hundred old employees and have to scroll through all of them to get the individual employee.. also no search function to be able to find the employee easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya team, thanks for sharing back on how we could improve Xero for you.

As part of our upgrading Payroll reports with the new version of the Leave Transactions report for both Australian and New Zealand versions of Xero, you can now Search by Employee. So, you'll be able to quickly jump to an employee of interest!😊

12. It would be useful if a Xero Me App - Approver had the ability to view a break down of the hours an employee works across the week (not just the total hours worked) before approving the timesheet. I see there is a lot of support for adding start & finish times and break times in the Xero Me App and this would be an extension of that.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello community 😊

Thanks for sharing this idea. I’ve just updated the title to be AU specific as this feature has been delivered in the AU region! For our NZ voters I’ve split this to a new idea and transferred your votes.

We added a timesheet setting in Xero Me (AU) that lets employees record start and end times for work and unpaid breaks. With this, Team Manager / Approver roles have the ability to review and approve start, end and break time entered, as well as any notes added by an employee on timesheets within the Xero Me app 🎉 

13. Ability for employee to add notes in timesheet. Detailing works performed.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks heaps for this suggestion.

As you may have seen in our Xero Blog post, we’ve rolled out support for start and end times in timesheets, and with this update comes the ability for staff to add in notes 🎉

As such, I'll be marking this one as delivered !

14. Remove rejected leave items from view. As currently they are front an center even if related to a historic time for all employee when in desktop version of Xero Me.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all, 👋  thanks for your support on this idea and sorry for the late update. I’m popping in to switch it across to delivered for our AU users!
    Just before the end of the year, we rolled out the option for employees to archive their rejected leave requests in Xero Me web.
    Thanks again for your feedback 😊

For voters from other regions, if this is still something you’d like to see feel free to make a copy of this idea and pop the region in brackets.

15. Payslip Notes - ability to write a note on an individual employee payslip not just one generic note for everyone.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When you pay statutory maternity pay or statutory paternity pay then 92% or 103% is recoverable from the government. This is correctly included within the P32, but not included within the automatically generated payroll journal. As a consequence, the HMRC liability on the balance sheet is overstated, as is the true salary cost. I've added a manual journal but including this within the automatic journal seems like a helpful addition.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Katherine 👋 thanks for sharing this idea, I'm popping in to switch it across to delivered!

Our Product team have done the work to automatically post the journal for statutory recoveries to the balance sheet 🎉

17. Audit Report
    As there are several users with full access to payroll, it would be helpful if this could be shown in the history (there is only minimal information here at present) or by report to see who has made changes to employee details within payroll and when. It would also be useful if there could be changes to the options when setting up a user as some users only require access to approve leave and print reports and not full access.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in this idea everyone!

Off the back of our payroll history update back in August last year, we’ve released a dedicated Payroll History report to all Australian payroll users.

You’ll now see an extra option in the Payroll menu for ‘Payroll History’. This report combines the history tab available across employee details, payslips, payroll settings and pay runs into one report.

For anyone interested in permission and more user role controls in Payroll - you might like to support and stay tuned for updates in the idea we have for this here. 🙂

18. Currently under employees leave tab you can assign default leave types, but you can't define what the default leave types are.
    Perhaps there is a simple checkbox for leave items in the payroll settings that allows you to choose.
    Currently I have 4 leave types set as default, when I only really need two.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, I'm changing this idea to Delivered! 🥳

Leave types can be defined as default when a value in the 'Normal Entitlement' field in Payroll settings is entered.

To remove this leave type from being added each time a new employee is entered, you can:

1. Click into Payroll, then select Payroll settings
    2. Click Pay Items tab, then Leave
    3. Click on a Leave Type that you'd like to remove as a Default Leave Type
    4. Remove the number of units the employee is entitled to each year under 'Normal Entitlement'
    5. Click Save
  19. Opening balances

Please can the opening balances have the ability to add, Income Tax, National Insurance and all Student loans deduction YTD.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kirsteen, thanks for submitting this idea 😊 The fields you've suggested are already available in Xero Payroll, as an employee opening balance. 

If you head to your Payroll > Employees screen and click through to the employee's profile you'll find these fields in Opening Balances. 

I've included a screenshot of the available opening balances, which includes income tax, student loan payments and NIC, as requested.

20. Currently there is no option for unpaid sick leave for an employee. It is important to record unpaid leave taken accurately and also display this on the payslip.
    When adjusting the hours paid or work to ensure an employee does not go into a negative sick leave balance, it does not show as unpaid leave on the payslip or reporting.
    A negative sick leave balance should not be automatic, it should be a prompt and choice as to whether the business wants to risk paying sick leave in advance of entitlement.
    Leave without pay and Unpaid sick leave should always…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?