For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

93 results found

1. Report that can show outstanding lodgement obligations filtered by year. If the report can also be updated from the ATO.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Accountants should have a singular login that stays with them and is not tied to the firm/email they initially sign up with. Wiping the slate clean when changing employers is degrading to the work done during that time.

Accountant users should have the option to change the email, and the firm can add/remove them as staff as need be.

Aspects:
    -When an employee leaves, Xero sends a notification to the user to change their email address. Employer removes access to client files.
    -When an employee changes their email, Xero notifies that access to client files will be lost unless reset…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Dot, you can set up your Xero account with an email you'll always have access to (i.e. a personal or business email that isn't tied to a practice)

This way you won't lose track of your certifications or cases when moving between new practices. 

You can also use these steps to Delete yourself from an organisation, to remove your own access when it's no longer required. 

3. Xero HQ Filleted Accounts without Dividend Note

There should be a facility whereby the notes to the full accounts can be edited for the filleted accounts so that not all are disclosed at Companies House, such as, & very importantly the 'Dividend' note

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your feedback on this idea. As part of our recent improvements to the notes & disclosures for FRS 1021a accounts, the dividends note is now included within the Directors report which isn't submitted to Companies House. We appreciate there is further work to do to maximise the flexibility here and always appreciate your feedback so please continue to add new ideas.

4. When you import a personalised chart of accounts you get stuck with the default numbers for the system accounts as it does not allow them to be included in the template. The result being the system accounts are dramatically out of order compared to our desired place for them in our personalised chart.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

delivered  ·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Xero apparently creates and submits a CT600L when R&D is included on a return. I say apparently because you can't download it/see it but support assure me it is there and that is the idea, - we should be able to download this for review and aproval by client.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Community 👋

Just following on from Paul's last update, this is now live!

Xero Tax now supports the production of the CT600L for RDEC claims going forward. 

For more information on this, check out our 'What’s available in Xero Tax' article over on Xero Central.

6. With the old reports we were able to set the report dates and then save the link. For example for the 2022 year I have the Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, Journal report, Accounts receivable etc with the default date 01/07/2021-30/06/2022. I have saved these links into a folder on my browser and then whenever I open up the report to whichever client file I am in in automatically defaults to this date. Is there any way the new reports can default to an annual date so that we don't have to keep refreshing the date every time…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ineke, this is possible in the newer versions of reports. Once you have the report set up as you like you can save as Custom. 

There are both common date formats such as Last Month, This year etc, or you can set a custom date range. 

Once you've saved the custom report, you can also make this more readily available by favoriting it. 🙂

7. Import the beneficiary details (DOB & address) from green xero into the beneficiary area in the IR6 Trust tax return

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community - this is now delivered 🎉

Last week our NZ Tax team rolled out an update to fulfil this request. 

When a new IR6B Beneficiary schedule is created, and a relationship exists, Xero will now populate the date of birth and address from the client record.

Thanks again for all the feedback around this idea! If there's further improvements you'd like to see in Xero Tax, be sure to share them with our team here on Product Ideas.

8. It would be useful to be able to run a profit and loss for any chosen number of months, showing each month in a separate column. Currently if you set up a profit and loss report to show 12 months, and subsequently want to view results for say 9 months, the report will still show 12 individual month columns, with 3 of these being outside of the report criteria.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible with the newer version of the Profit & Loss. By setting the report date range to a Month you can then set the variable # of comparison periods you'd like - Just change the compare with  when you like and Update 🙂

9. To be able to run the aged payables/receivables reports for a set date range, but as at another date. I need the date of invoices to only be showing up to the companies year-end, but to see whether they are still outstanding at the date I am preparing the accounts. For example, if their year-end is 31st Dec 22, I would not want invoices included after this date, but I would like to see the position as at 19th May 2023, to see what is still outstanding now. I could do this on the old reports by setting the date…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mandi, this can be achieved using the additional invoice date fields available to you under 'Filters' 😊

For example, you can set the 'Invoice Due Date' for to 31 Dec 2021 and the date for the report to 'Today', to see all invoices due prior to 31 Dec 2021, that are still outstanding today.

10. Sync Xero HQ and myXero practice dashboards with the names and details of the organisation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Vishal, thanks for sharing your idea! 

Our product team are undergoing a big piece of work to create a single client record which sounds like it solves your ask here. It's is a single database that exists behind your practice tools and houses your client data across Xero Practice Manager (XPM), Tax and Xero HQ. You can use XPM to maintain your client information, while unlocking the value of Xero HQ when managing client organisations and staff access. This article has more information about it.

11. Allocate bank receipts to a customer using cash coding.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, returning to the idea we wanted to confirm. When using Cash Coding to reconcile, you can enter the customer/supplier name into the Payee column, and this will create a Receive/Spend Money transaction for that contact.

However, if the payment relates to an invoice or bill, please use Find & Match to reconcile it, not Cash Coding, as this would create a duplicate account transaction.

12. The ability to pull in data such as P60 amounts, Class 2 NI amounts, state pension amounts etc that HMRC have available. Other softwares have this function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning now a few months on from our last update we're going to move this idea to 'Delivered' with the change the team made to personal tax 🥳

You can now download a report directly from HMRC for each of your clients. Our helpful Xero central content will guide you on how to authorise you software to do this. Once the software is authorised, open your client's tax return and click on Download HMRC data in order to download the report. The report includes data on employment, other pension income, state benefits, NIC and marriage allowance.

13. Automate Bill Entry
    When emailing bills to Xero could we have every line imported instead of just one lump sum? I use different accounts for different billed items. Having this feature would save me a lot of time typing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customer Invoice Report is being retired but there is no equivalent new Report to provide a list of Invoices issued. This report is essential for monitoring invoices issued and payments received where the Xero subscription is for a non GST cash book.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jill, the Receivable Invoice Detail and Summary reports have been set up with new common formats and filters that should replicate most of the functionality in the old reports.

For example, to view all your paid Invoices within a specific date range, you can run the Receivable Invoice Detail report with a filter for "Last payment date".

If that's not quite what you're after, have a chat with our support team 😊

15. This is NOT an idea, more an omission from the product.
    FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) Is not available in XERO TAX.

Case Ref CX0013265560
    "I am trying to report FOREIGN Capital Gains (foreign CGT ON STOCKS AND SHARES) in an individuals personal tax return. However am unable to find a schedule in XERO TAX that covers this. Please can you assist"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jag thanks for raising this with us - this was always on our roadmap to support, and I'm pleased to say that last week we released the ability to support foreign tax credit relief on capital gains.

To report a foreign gain/loss you just need to add it into the relevant type (we don't break the disposals down by whether they are foreign or not. Then, if you need to report foreign tax or SWT on this disposal, go to the "Foreign tax credit and SWT" section in the capital gains schedule to report this.

16. I just logged in to grab the links for a couple of product ideas I have put forward and I can't easily find them. It would be great if you added in a 'my product ideas' area, so I can see the product ideas I have submitted and if they have had any traction.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Caitlin, its possible to view ideas you've supported or contributed to by clicking on your initial avatar in the top right of the page and going to Settings & Activity. 

To analyse this in more detail you can 'Export my data' where you'll receive an  email of CSV's including one for 'Ideas for your [user name]' 🙂 

17. When an employees opening balance for Annual leave is changed; there is no way to trace the history of who changed it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sara thanks for submitting this idea!

This is actually already possible in our Australian payroll product.

You can find a history of changes to the employee's leave tab, including updates to their opening balances in the 'Payroll History' section at the bottom of the page.

Our Xero Central article has more information on that, and the other fields tracked by Payroll History. 

18. We would like to be able to cap leave or the hours that leave will accrue on. IE Xero would stop accruing when annual leave accrual hours reach 152 hours for the year and 76 hours for personal leave.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Nola!

Thanks for suggesting this idea 😊

As you've found, if an employee's leave accrual type is set to 'based on ordinary earnings', then Xero will not prevent employees that work additional hours from accruing additional leave. 

Instead, if you need to cap an employee's leave accruals, you can set the accrual type to 'Fixed amount each period'. 

This accrual type will evenly split the employee's yearly leave entitlement  across each pay run, and will not accrue more than the figure entered in as 'Hours of leave accrued annually. 

You can read more about the available leave types on our support article 'Set up an employee's leave entitlements'

19. Start and end times being able to be seen when time sheets are approved for payroll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, just a quick update to close out this idea 🎉

Towards the end of last year, we rolled out some improvements to the desktop timesheets experience. Now, if an employee submits a timesheet with start and end times, those times will be visible the Payroll Admin or Timesheet approver.

I've included a screenshot as an example, thanks to everyone that added their vote to this idea 🙏🏻

20. Account Receivables Statement of Accounts Balance Column

I urge Xero to consider to amend the Balance Column in the account receivable statement of accounts, Balance should show the accumulation figure or total figure and not repeating the invoice figure again.
    I am referring to the SOA under the option of Outstanding. Please share your view. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, returning to the idea as noted in my last response you can use the Customer Outstanding Statement 

To explain the Balance shown will depend on the date which the statement's being run relative to the date of the payment applied to your invoices - If the payment dates are for future dates of what the statements being run the balance reflected will be the balance of the invoice as at the statement date.

• Don't see your idea?